Galaxy Note 8 rumors, specs, thoughts, etc

jonathanm1978

For those buying from Samsung direct. Several people have chatted with Samsung and they said that all orders as of yesterday would be shipped by 9/4 at the latest. My order now went from 9/11 ship date to just saying "Pre-order" with no date.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Where did you go to check that?

My email said shipping 9/11. But my Samsung shopping app doesn't show a shipping date. Just says order placed 8/25. Even though I ordered 8/24 and if I put in the info to track my order it shows as ordered the 24th.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Edited by jtf21

Where did you go to check that?

My email said shipping 9/11. But my Samsung shopping app doesn't show a shipping date. Just says order placed 8/25. Even though I ordered 8/24 and if I put in the info to track my order it shows as ordered the 24th.

I said people chatted and called Samsung and all got an answer of 9/4 or 9/5. Being that 9/4 is a holiday I assume they all get shipped out Tuesday morning.

My order says "Pre-order" with no date either. My email said 9/11 originally, but I think the email was an estimate.

I have a feeling while tracking numbers are printed and probably on boxes with the carrier shipped phones, I would assume Samsung has the final say so on when they can be shipped even for the carriers. I'm assuming all the carriers are waiting for the go ahead from Samsung before they ship them.

I would bet that no one gets anything till next week no matter where you bought it.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Tracking details on both still show "Order processed: Ready for UPS" ...

Until it gets on the plane and hits Bham, I can't really decipher what's happening.

Hoping to see them start moving today (they will HAVE to be put on plane that leaves Kentucky for Birmingham by tomorrow morning at 5am in order to still have the device by tomorrow...

If they don't start moving and get put on the plane ...then it will at the earliest be delivered on Tuesday thanks to the holiday.

• Like 1

Tracking details on both still show "Order processed: Ready for UPS" ...

Until it gets on the plane and hits Bham, I can't really decipher what's happening.

Hoping to see them start moving today (they will HAVE to be put on plane that leaves Kentucky for Birmingham by tomorrow morning at 5am in order to still have the device by tomorrow...

If they don't start moving and get put on the plane ...then it will at the earliest be delivered on Tuesday thanks to the holiday.

I'll be annoyed if they don't start shipping today.  I don't get generating the shipping labels and triggering the tracking if you're just going to let them sit for a week before they actually leave the warehouse.

Well the email came in this morning at about 3AM saying package is on its way. So I check with UPS and like jonathanm1978 said it states "Order Proccesed: Ready for UPS". But when I check in the UPS app and log into myUPS, it says it will be delivered tomorrow Friday by end of day. Which historically with UPS could be anytime between 12Pm and 8PM. Lucky for me, someone willbe home tomorrow to sign for it if they come by before I get home from work.

I guess T-Mobile isn't the only one sending out Note *s way before the schedule send date.

So without further ado, I will sign off with the obligatory universal message....

ron-paul-its-happening-animated.gif

TS out 

This will show exactly what UPS has ... (in literal terms, they have nothing but a label and tracking in their system. No package picked up yet)..

So they've generated labels. Hopefully we see them start moving today..

attachicon.gifups.PNG

Does "Shipment release authorized" mean that the warehouse has given to the green light to ship these?

I believe that is when the receiver asks for "authorize to not sign for delivery". But I read somewhere that Sprint has a special agreement with UPS to not leave packages when no one is there to sign for them, even if the receiver requests/authorizes it.

TS

Does "Shipment release authorized" mean that the warehouse has given to the green light to ship these?

No. Under 'normal' circumstances -- and by that i mean beta devices that arent even released for public consumption yet ..."Shipment release authorized" means that UPS can leave the package at my doorstep..without me having to sign for it...

But, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, when it comes to shipments that are sent from Sprint, they have a contract with UPS that states they MUST hand the packages to a person. 

Sprint had a lot of problems with people claiming "well i never received it" and they would lose tons of money with "stolen" or supposedly never received devices...

It basically is a release authorization that I've presigned for all packages to be left if I'm not home to sign for them.

But with Sprint, it doesn't stand...I have to physically be given the package..

• Like 1

No. Under 'normal' circumstances -- and by that i mean beta devices that arent even released for public consumption yet ..."Shipment release authorized" means that UPS can leave the package at my doorstep..without me having to sign for it...

But, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, when it comes to shipments that are sent from Sprint, they have a contract with UPS that states they MUST hand the packages to a person. 

Sprint had a lot of problems with people claiming "well i never received it" and they would lose tons of money with "stolen" or supposedly never received devices...

It basically is a release authorization that I've presigned for all packages to be left if I'm not home to sign for them.

But with Sprint, it doesn't stand...I have to physically be given the package..

Darn. That's disappointing.  I'm beginning to think that the phones won't actually ship out until next week. 

As much as I really want to get this thing ASAP if the carriers ship before Samsung directly that is garbage. The Note 7 promo specifically says priority shipping so you get it first.

No reason to include that if the carriers are going to ship 1st and they had no way to match the offer.

As much as I really want to get this thing ASAP if the carriers ship before Samsung directly that is garbage. The Note 7 promo specifically says priority shipping so you get it first.

No reason to include that if the carriers are going to ship 1st and they had no way to match the offer.

But, if that's the case and the carrier already has the phones in their inventory -- which is VERY likely -- what's to stop them from sending them out or releasing them for shipment? I mean, once the carrier has them, it's probably some agreed-upon date before release can happen, and if the date is the same for carriers + Samsung direct, then it's just a matter of shipping speed chosen. 

I'm sure Texans will be impacted by the inability to deliver some items to certain areas as well.

Isn't the Sprint/UPS distribution center in Louisville, Kentucky. It could be that they are starting early because all that rain from Hurricane Harvey is heading towards that area, and they got permission to start sending them out early to avoid delays.

DCT_SPECIAL29_1280x720.jpg?v=ap&w=1280&h

Isn't the Sprint/UPS distribution center in Louisville, Kentucky. It could be that they are starting early because all that rain from Hurricane Harvey is heading towards that area, and they got permission to start sending them out early to avoid delays.

DCT_SPECIAL29_1280x720.jpg?v=ap&w=1280&h

I don't know. I'm starting to think that the warehouse just created the shipping labels too early.  

But, if that's the case and the carrier already has the phones in their inventory -- which is VERY likely -- what's to stop them from sending them out or releasing them for shipment? I mean, once the carrier has them, it's probably some agreed-upon date before release can happen, and if the date is the same for carriers + Samsung direct, then it's just a matter of shipping speed chosen.

I'm sure Texans will be impacted by the inability to deliver some items to certain areas as well.

I understand how we got here.

At the end of the day it is a Samsung product. If they told the world they were shipping 1st, they should have had a system to ensure that they shipped 1st.

This is not a unique situation. Retailers that use release dates have always had this problem. Use Nike and Jordan as an example. Foot Locker didn't honor Nike's wishes, at first nothing happened. After consistent disregard for the rules, Nike pulled the highest profile product from the entire group. It had to cost Foot Locker hundreds of millions. Nike was not dependent on FL or any single retailer. In the end they sold the same volume. It was FL that got hammered.

And ultimately if Samsung wanted to be the first to ship they could have shipped at the same time they shipped to retailers. I am not going to hold it against them, just pointing out that they are not only not first but quickly looking like they will be 2nd to last only beating BB. BB has not budged over the years so I fully believe they will wait for launch day...

Why is it garbage? Is this anything new?  Carriers will almost always ship first.  I mean think about every major android release over the last several years and tell me when an OEM shipped anything to customers before the carriers did(specifically in the US). 

Why is it garbage? Is this anything new? Carriers will almost always ship first. I mean think about every major android release over the last several years and tell me when an OEM shipped anything to customers before the carriers did(specifically in the US).

To my knowledge this is the 1st time that they have claimed that they would have priority shipping.

Since they are ultimately in charge they should be able to manage that.

To my knowledge this is the 1st time that they have claimed that they would have priority shipping.

Since they are ultimately in charge they should be able to manage that.

How about you check the s8 thread, anyway I am sure it's a lesson learned. If you pre-order do so with your carrier.

How about you check the s8 thread, anyway I am sure it's a lesson learned. If you pre-order do so with your carrier.

I am still glad I went directly through Samsung. Unlocked version and should still beat BB. The last couple devices have been a nightmare at BB so not spending half a day in the store will be worth what ever timing works out.

My freebies are listed to ship with the phone so there is that too. Not waiting 6 weeks for the add ons.

I am still glad I went directly through Samsung. Unlocked version and should still beat BB. The last couple devices have been a nightmare at BB so not spending half a day in the store will be worth what ever timing works out.

My freebies are listed to ship with the phone so there is that too. Not waiting 6 weeks for the add ons.

Actually that is a very good point.

Well, at this point it looks like these shipping confirmations were just premature. Mine still shows as shipping label generated and UPS waiting to receive it. Very disappointing. Especially since my account shows a new lease and monthly payment active already.

Well, at this point it looks like these shipping confirmations were just premature. Mine still shows as shipping label generated and UPS waiting to receive it. Very disappointing. Especially since my account shows a new lease and monthly payment active already.

I am pretty sure that is how the Note 7 went too. The labels were all staged and then they released them all at once. T-mobile did ship early if I remember correctly. Sprint was next and BB waited for launch day. I still remember the Note 4 Verizon was a week late even for pre-order customers. The guy next to me when I picked mine up hadn't been told so he showed up and his wasn't there.