Galaxy Note 8 rumors, specs, thoughts, etc

jonathanm1978

HPUE performance on the S8 in downtown Atlanta

Yeah I had a speed test of 210 down but the ping was 38 and the UL was 12...

What made the most difference?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HPUE performance on the S8 in downtown Atlanta 

Umm yeah, that  upload speed looks kinda suspect.  

With just one week left to go before the Note 8 starts shipping to customers, has anyone bought accessories for it like screen protectors, cases, etc?

TS

I picked up the Spigen clear case with kickstand and the tough armor case.

• Like 1

I picked up the Spigen clear case with kickstand and the tough armor case.

The tough armor case isn't as bulky as I expected, still wish they had a kickstand case which was slim.

I thought I saw somewhere that it mentioned that the Note 8 was shipping out the 5th of Sept to customers. My order form / email states my two notes and a return kit to send back my S8+, but no estimated date of shipment. But tonight I got an email from Sprint saying that they just shipped out the return kit for my S8+ to return back. I thought they usually do that the same day that they ship you your new device. So if true, then I wonder if that means the Note 8 is also shipped.. if true, then... its coming, 

If not, then I guess Sprint wants me to get the return kit before getting the Notes.

Just checked with sprint. They can neither confirm or deny that the phones are also shipped with the kit.

TS

Release day isn't till 9/15 per Samsung. I bought 2 through Samsung using the Note 7 loyalty credit promo. They all say ship 9/11 will be delivered by 9/14.

I know that Samsung is making an effort to get the Note 8's out to Note 7 users as quickly as possible so that they will be some of the first to get the phone.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Sorry for that ambiguous email screenshot in my previous post..

Per my email at 3am or whatever time it was...my WIFE's grey Note 8 has a tracking number and is on the way...

The one I wanted (the black) is not yet shipped.

If i go to www.sprint.com/myorder ...then I can see that the grey has tracking, but the black doesn't..

I'm not receiving a return kit, since on the day I preordered my notes, i purchased my note 5 outright...so I own my note 5.

Looking for Note 8 SCP reports to see if EARFCN works.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Got my shipping notice as well. But nothing comes up on the UPS site yet.  So I guess it's not actually shipping out until at least tomorrow. 

From my years of experience with UPS, FedX and USPS (mostly UPS and FedX tho)...that usually means (and sometimes it will say this)

"tracking information has been sent to the carrier, but the package has not yet been picked up by the carrier"...

so, a shipping label has been printed and placed on a box, but UPS hasn't picked up yet. They will probably start moving around 9-10am today..you'll probably see something on the UPS app around 5pm this evening (times are CST for me)..

For those who are unaware, Sprint has a contract with UPS to not leave packages ...they told me that MUST see a person and hand it off ...so you need to either pick it up at the local hub (or UPS store), or have someone available to sign,

Apparently people used UPS as a "I never got it" when they would leave packages on someone's door...

I've signed the delivery confirmation release....but it still doesn't apply to shipments that are made from sprint....

I still have to physically touch the package as received from the driver...

• Like 1

From my years of experience with UPS, FedX and USPS (mostly UPS and FedX tho)...that usually means (and sometimes it will say this)

"tracking information has been sent to the carrier, but the package has not yet been picked up by the carrier"...

so, a shipping label has been printed and placed on a box, but UPS hasn't picked up yet. They will probably start moving around 9-10am today..you'll probably see something on the UPS app around 5pm this evening (times are CST for me)..

For those who are unaware, Sprint has a contract with UPS to not leave packages ...they told me that MUST see a person and hand it off ...so you need to either pick it up at the local hub (or UPS store), or have someone available to sign,

Apparently people used UPS as a "I never got it" when they would leave packages on someone's door...

I've signed the delivery confirmation release....but it still doesn't apply to shipments that are made from sprint....

I still have to physically touch the package as received from the driver...

Good to know. Will have to plan accordingly. 

• Like 1

For those buying from Samsung direct. Several people have chatted with Samsung and they said that all orders as of yesterday would be shipped by 9/4 at the latest. My order now went from 9/11 ship date to just saying "Pre-order" with no date.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Went to Sprint store today. I'm upgrade eligible but they want $40/month for the phone. No good deals. I'll wait.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Check your account online anyway. I have lines where it's shown as $40/month, but with a $20 credit bringing it to $20/month total. I received an email from Sprint about it, but I think if you just start the process of leasing it then it'll show the credit.

From what I'm told, it depends entirely on how likely Sprint thinks you are to churn. It's like a retention credit.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Check your account online anyway. I have lines where it's shown as $40/month, but with a $20 credit bringing it to $20/month total. I received an email from Sprint about it, but I think if you just start the process of leasing it then it'll show the credit.

From what I'm told, it depends entirely on how likely Sprint thinks you are to churn. It's like a retention credit.

Thanks. I'll give that a try or wait until Sprint emails me.

By the way, what happens after 18 months of payments if you want to keep it? Can they turn it into a monthly payment for the next 6 months?

Thanks. I'll give that a try or wait until Sprint emails me.

By the way, what happens after 18 months of payments if you want to keep it? Can they turn it into a monthly payment for the next 6 months?

Yes, you have the option to buy it after 18 months (in a lump sum or continued monthly payments). It also looks like you get upgrade eligibility after 12 months.

Just preordered today and they said it is backordered. So im probably gonna get it around the 15th.

Thank god i have CL account so i get 2 year contract price [emoji847]

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk