Google Pixel and Pixel XL by HTC Users Thread

WiWavelength

• 2 weeks later...

Sprint intentional chat

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

So that will be the valid SIM card for the pixel to use correct? I'm a bit of a moron when it comes to activations

So that will be the valid SIM card for the pixel to use correct? I'm a bit of a moron when it comes to activations

Yeah just say you need a SIM for a Pixel XL. If you're fine waiting a couple days it's free. Otherwise you can pay for expedited shipping I believe.

Or go into a Sprint store and ask for one. They might charge like $5-$10 though.

Yeah just say you need a SIM for a Pixel XL. If you're fine waiting a couple days it's free. Otherwise you can pay for expedited shipping I believe.

Or go into a Sprint store and ask for one. They might charge like $5-$10 though.

Hmm everytime I went there they said they were out of stock

Was it enabled via a Google software update?

Not to my knowledge. I tested when the May security update came out. It must have been profile update pushed recently. I got one or 2 within the past week or so.

• 4 weeks later...

The default band priority for the Pixel XL is 25, 26, 41. Is anyone able to edit it to 41, 25, 26 - which is where it should be? MSL code is 000000.

Also, under EVDO "DDTM" is off. Should this be on?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Figure I'd chime in because I'm posting this from AT&T roaming LTE on my Sprint SIM. Interesting experience. Will post my SignalCheck screenshot later, along with a nearly 120 Mbps speed test I took earlier on this road trip between Austin and Longview. Maybe doable on 2xCA with the TD slot reconfiguration but maybe that was 3xCA? SignalCheck wasn't helpful on telling which at the time. Around 15 Mbps up.

• Like 1

Figure I'd chime in because I'm posting this from AT&T roaming LTE on my Sprint SIM. Interesting experience. Will post my SignalCheck screenshot later, along with a nearly 120 Mbps speed test I took earlier on this road trip between Austin and Longview. Maybe doable on 2xCA with the TD slot reconfiguration but maybe that was 3xCA? SignalCheck wasn't helpful on telling which at the time. Around 15 Mbps up.

The 120 megabytes a second speed test was that on AT&T or Sprint?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Bits, not bytes :)

That was Sprint. My FreedomPop SIM in my ZTE K88 tablet, on AT&T natively, hit 90-ish Mbps down at the same stretch of road, though speeds would probably be faster if everything wasn't being proxied via Jasper Wireless...or if the device wasn't as cheap (though it does CA).

The roaming LTE appears to be throttled to on the order of 100-128 kbps, probably set that way to provide an experience that's always at least slightly better than 1x. Which, with the lower latency, it definitely is better.

Bits, not bytes :)

That was Sprint. My FreedomPop SIM in my ZTE K88 tablet, on AT&T natively, hit 90-ish Mbps down at the same stretch of road, though speeds would probably be faster if everything wasn't being proxied via Jasper Wireless...or if the device wasn't as cheap (though it does CA).

The roaming LTE appears to be throttled to on the order of 100-128 kbps, probably set that way to provide an experience that's always at least slightly better than 1x. Which, with the lower latency, it definitely is better.

Ok :) and thats slow for lte roaming...iz there a lte data cap when roaming with freedom pop?

Again, the LTE roaming bit is obviously meant as a replacement for 1x roaming. So it's a net improvement.

FPop doesn't roam AFAIK. It's either ATT native (I have the SIM kit, not the older Sprint based service) or nothing.

Again, the LTE roaming bit is obviously meant as a replacement for 1x roaming. So it's a net improvement.

FPop doesn't roam AFAIK. It's either ATT native (I have the SIM kit, not the older Sprint based service) or nothing.

Well it is an improvement. I can't wait for the day all networks in the u.s. provide equal LTE roaming for each other. I have a pixel XL as well I just can't get a SIM card for mine.

I can't wait for the day all networks in the u.s. provide equal LTE roaming for each other.

Let us know how that waiting works out for you...

still-waiting-atic-mthruf-com-via-9gag-c

AJ