Google Pixel and Pixel XL by HTC Users Thread

WiWavelength

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been able to successfully LTE roam with their Pixel? I still can't on my Pixel XL or 6P :/

Have not seen LTE roaming yet.  But I did go through my 100MB of 1xRTT roaming in one night and then couldn't send messages to friends anymore - had to call. :/

• Like 1

https://www.wirelessweek.com/news/2017/01/sprint-enables-3-carrier-aggregation-more-devices

A Sprint spokeswoman on Tuesday said the carrier flipped the switch on three-carrier aggregation, pushing out automatic updates to enable the technology on six new devices.

According to the spokeswoman, Sprint customers using the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge, LG V20, and LG G5 received the update on Friday. The move raised the total number of three-carrier aggregation-enabled devices on Sprint’s network to seven; HTC’s Bolt recently launched with three-carrier aggregation enabled out of the box.

The spokeswoman said a total of 13 devices are three-carrier aggregation capable, but the carrier has yet to enable the feature on the other six devices.

-----------------------

Pixel isn't called out here, but here's to hoping that with the February update, 3x CA gets flipped on on the Pixel.

Any word if 3x CA got flipped on as part of the March update?

Any word if 3x CA got flipped on as part of the March update?

I could confirmed the March update didn't do it. Minor build number, identical modem (sumchecks match), and tested with NSG. Only 2xCA.

Sent from my Pixel XL

• Like 1

Have not seen LTE roaming yet.  But I did go through my 100MB of 1xRTT roaming in one night and then couldn't send messages to friends anymore - had to call. :/

100mb on 1X? What were you doing :) That sucks that they just cut you off 100%, not reduce the speed :(

Any way to buy a bucket of additional roaming data either for the billing period or monthly, etc????

100mb or 1X? What were you doing :)) That sucks that they just cut you off 100%, not reduce the speed :((

Any way to buy a bucket of additional roaming data either for the billing period or monthly, etc????

Yea, I was going through feedly and reading news.  Then again, my phone could've been doing something else, so really need to pay attention to those data saver modes.  Kinda sad they don't just throttle you or allow messaging traffic to go through.  Cuz if you're on iphone, you need data for imessage.  On Android, at least we get "downgraded" to SMS which is unlimited while roaming.

Can you post please when you see it? I am in touch with a Sprint tech that claims it's now live on the N5x, N6, N6P, and Pixel phones. I have not seen it on my 6P or Pixel XL yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you post please when you see it? I am in touch with a Sprint tech that claims it's now live on the N5x, N6, N6P, and Pixel phones. I have not seen it on my 6P or Pixel XL yet.

I drove out to Extraterrestrial Highway/Area 51 from Las Vegas and roamed on AT&T B17 LTE for most of the drive out there. I was very surprised to see it. Once I got back into Sprint coverage at i15 it switched back.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I drove out to Extraterrestrial Highway/Area 51 from Las Vegas and roamed on AT&T B17 LTE for most of the drive out there. I was very surprised to see it. Once I got back into Sprint coverage at i15 it switched back.

April Fool's Day
  • Like 1

Are you sure you were roaming on that band? There is no agreement for roaming with AT&T. Your device should not have authenticated on that network.

Sent from my LG G5

Are you sure you were roaming on that band? There is another agreement for roaming with AT&T. Your device should not have authenticated on that network.

Sent from my LG G5

Yes. I have SignalCheck Pro installed.

Then perhaps it was showing an error. Given the roaming agreements in place, you cannot roam on AT&T LTE.

Sent from my LG G5

I was roaming on LTE and had data service. Sprint has no service out that way other than roaming. Wife's Pixel XL showed the same.

I was roaming on LTE and had data service. Sprint has no service out that way other than roaming. Wife's Pixel XL showed the same.

On AT&T though? Unless there was an error in the display, that's simply not possible.

On AT&T though? Unless there was an error in the display, that's simply not possible.

I am simply going by what was on our phones. AT&T B17 LTE. I do know that Sprint has no service out that way other than roaming. Sprint loses native coverage within 1 mile of leaving i15 at the i93 exit. The phone Indicated it was roaming/no service for the first 70 miles then switched to AT&T B17 LTE a few miles before Alamo, NV. I held AT&T LTE will the Extraterrestrial Highway sign where we stopped to eat lunch and take pictures. If I'm out that way again I'll snap some screenshots of SignalCheck Pro.

3465fb1c3b78ba85eca61f1d799487fa.jpg

4b44c5eb600ba1bbb14997ef846cc2a2.jpg

• Like 2

I am simply going by what was on our phones. AT&T B17 LTE. I do know that Sprint has no service out that way other than roaming. Sprint loses native coverage within 1 mile of leaving i15 at the i93 exit. The phone Indicated it was roaming/no service for the first 70 miles then switched to AT&T B17 LTE a few miles before Alamo, NV. I held AT&T LTE will the Extraterrestrial Highway sign where we stopped to eat lunch and take pictures. If I'm out that way again I'll snap some screenshots of SignalCheck Pro.

3465fb1c3b78ba85eca61f1d799487fa.jpg

4b44c5eb600ba1bbb14997ef846cc2a2.jpg

e697538a463dc2cc29be6ae95d7136f9.jpg android o update

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me this weekend in Upstate New York. Heres my reddit post about it with some photos.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/636jum/att_roaming/

• Like 3