iPhone 7/7 Plus User's Thread

MacinJosh

No, just the opposite.  The physical travel home button is perhaps the only element of an iOS device that feels plastic and cheap.

AJ

This. The new force touch home button actually feels very high quality. The "Taptic Engine" in the iPhone 7 does a really good job of mimicking a home button but also somehow makes it feel better than a real one (IMO) at the same time.

-Anthony

• Like 2

This. The new force touch home button actually feels very high quality. The "Taptic Engine" in the iPhone 7 does a really good job of mimicking a home button but also somehow makes it feel better than a real one (IMO) at the same time.

The vibration "makes it feel better than a real one."

That's what she said.

AJ

• Like 7

Also, it was used to further Jony Ive's ultimate goal of the iPhone: to be as simplistic as possible. If he had his way, the iPhone would be nothing more than a piece of glass. 

-Anthony

To me, having a physical button is more simplistic than relying on software to navigate the phone. I find it comforting to have something on my phone that isn't going to be messed up by a firmware update and gets me out of the application with one click (now its a press on the iphone).

Getting rid of the home button would needlessly complicate the phone.

So quick observation on the LTE performance. Up where I work I go to the deli and will drop LTE the further I walk. It is holding band 26 signal when my nexus would drop it for 3G!

• Like 1

No, just the opposite. The physical travel home button is perhaps the only element of an iOS device that feels plastic and cheap.

AJ

Agreed. Over time, the physical home button would stick, become loose, or just not feel as solid when clicked. This haptic home button is much more consistent and will stand the test of time much better. Once you get used to it, it feels as good or better than the physical button, IMO.
  • Like 3

To me, having a physical button is more simplistic than relying on software to navigate the phone. I find it comforting to have something on my phone that isn't going to be messed up by a firmware update and gets me out of the application with one click (now its a press on the iphone).

Getting rid of the home button would needlessly complicate the phone.

I'm unsure how having more moving parts makes a device more simplistic than a device with less?

-Anthony

I'm unsure how having more moving parts makes a device more simplistic than a device with less?

-Anthony

The lack of a clicking home button is just apples intro into putting the home button into the screen. This is just their way of easing us into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but but but what will all the iphools do without a home button!!11!!1

I think its dumb if they eventually move to a software button, as a physical home button is one of the 'defining features' of an iphones design, physically and software wise.

Where will this software button go? will they leave a black bar at the bottom with just the single button icon?

What about landscape mode, will the software button rotate with the screen portrait/landscape?

or will they copy android and add a back and multitask button on either side of the home button?

will it simply be the existing assistive touch button? (options > general > accessibility > assistivetouch)

so many questions!

• Like 1

-Anthony

I wasn't really referring to the click home button vs the taptichome button. I guess it's just my preference to prefer a mechanical one.

I was wanting your thoughts as to Jony Ive's vision of how a slab of glass would be simplistic. Visually, yeah. But functionally I see it being more complicated.

Dedub summed up my thoughts of how apple would work around a home button-less iphone.

• Like 2

I was wanting your thoughts as to Jony Ive's vision of how a slab of glass would be simplistic. Visually, yeah. But functionally I see it being more complicated.

Visually simplistic. Apple has almost always chosen form over function, ever since the original Apple 1.

-Anthony

So my phone isn't coming today the idiots over in China didn't ship it with the correct shipment so it got delayed. Won't get here til Monday. 

Because of your post, one of those "idiots over in China" was beaten by Foxconn management, another was locked in the dormitory without meals, and a third committed suicide by jumping out of a window.

AJ

• Like 3

Because of your post, one of those "idiots over in China" was beaten by Foxconn management, another was locked in the dormitory without meals, and a third committed suicide by jumping out of a window.

AJ

I was talking about UPS [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

But you are right that was very harsh and I apologize to those people in China [emoji18]

Edited by IsaiahL

AJ

Actually, they've got nets for that now.

;)

-Anthony

• Like 3

I was talking about UPS

And you know this how?  Because somebody at UPS told you?  If so, my guess is that you are getting fed a line just to get you to go away.  You are aware that iPhone 7 is in short supply everywhere right now, yes?  Delays are par for the course.

AJ

• Like 2

And you know this how? Because somebody at UPS told you? If so, my guess is that you are getting fed a line just to get you to go away. You are aware that iPhone 7 is in short supply everywhere right now, yes? Delays are par for the course.

AJ

Nobody told me anything bro. I'm going off the fact that UPS is the chosen shipping provider and they didn't tender my phone until after the first shipment for this weekend left. But it's okay patiences is a virtue. It'll be here before I know it.

Edited by IsaiahL

Nobody told me anything bro. I'm going off the fact that UPS is the chosen shipping provider and they didn't tender my phone until after the first shipment for this weekend left.

And this shows that UPS in China is "stupid" how?  Because your iPhone did not make a certain shipment?  Too many variables to conclude anything.

It is "bruh," by the way.

AJ

And this shows that UPS in China is "stupid" how? Because your iPhone did not make a certain shipment? Too many variables to conclude anything.

It is "bruh," by the way.

AJ

Okay..

• Like 1

Got my iPhone 7 Plus and I'm loving it. Speed tested my WiFi and it's blazing. The new home button isn't as weird as everyone said I actually like it more. The speakers AH masing [emoji23]. So far so good. I'm going to the apple store to see if can get a glass screen protector from Zagg & a case better safe than sorry.

• Like 2

Got my iPhone 7 Plus and I'm loving it. Speed tested my WiFi and it's blazing. The new home button isn't as weird as everyone said I actually like it more. The speakers AH masing [emoji23]. So far so good. I'm going to the apple store to see if can get a glass screen protector from Zagg & a case better safe than sorry.

You didn't Amazon a screen protector and case while you waited?? 

You didn't Amazon a screen protector and case while you waited??

No i didn't, I was gonna but then I decided I would just wait and use my old phone to get an apple gift card and buy accessories there cause I'm broke lol.

• Like 1

Turns out apple doesn't take trade in's unless you're buying a new phone which I think is ridiculous. I'm gonna go to BestBuy to trade in my old phone for a gift card there. Hopefully they give me a good amount.

Turns out apple doesn't take trade in's unless you're buying a new phone which I think is ridiculous. I'm gonna go to BestBuy to trade in my old phone for a gift card there. Hopefully they give me a good amount.

Who did you buy the phone from?

If it's Sprint, can u easy pay the accessories?