iPhone 7/7 Plus User's Thread

MacinJosh

Yeah...I hope Sprint can shut down PCS EVDO by the end of 2017 and turn up PCS LTE power - LTE is much more spectrally efficient than EVDO and increased PCS LTE power will relieve SMR LTE congestion.

as for my area during peak hours band 41 drops to 5 megs which is still plenty....but i would be interested to see if denseification happens here the density is very thin here...but my iphone 7plus does a good job of holding onto a weak band 26 signal

as for my area during peak hours band 41 drops to 5 megs which is still plenty....but i would be interested to see if denseification happens here the density is very thin here...but my iphone 7plus does a good job of holding onto a weak band 26 signal

When it does drop to EVDO, how long does it generally take to get back on LTE?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, random question. I know many members of S4GRU are mobile device experts and use various carriers depending on their location and what works best. My question is does anyone know the correct Verizon sim for the iphone 7/7+? I currently have a sim labelled "DFILL 4FF-NFC-A" with the UPC code 840168090693. I bought my dad an unlocked/sim-free iphone 7+ for xmas and was wondering if that sim will work and allow the device to fully take advantage of Verizon's network.

I understand this might not be the best place to ask and I thank everyone in advance for any information.

Edited by HTCandroid

Hey guys, random question. I know many members of S4GRU are mobile device experts and use various carriers depending on their location and what works best. My question is does anyone know the correct Verizon sim for the iphone 7/7+? I currently have a sim labelled "DFILL 4FF-NFC-A" with the UPC code 840168090693. I bought my dad an unlocked/sim-free iphone 7+ for xmas and was wondering if that sim will work and allow the device to fully take advantage of Verizon's network.

I understand this might not be the best place to ask and I thank everyone in advance for any information.

That is something you need to ask Verizon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

A quick question for anyone who took advantage of Sprint's trade-in credit for the iPhone 7 when coming from a 6 or newer. Did any of you do the trade-in in-store? (I know some of you did it online, which was a different process so not really any help here) If so, has your monthly bill credit shown up on your account? We got an iPhone 7 and two 7 Plus's back in September when they came out, and traded in two 6 Plus's and a 6 so that we would get the monthly bill credits, but have still yet to get the credits. We are now on monthly payment 4 on two of the devices and payment 3 on the other one, so it has definitely been 2 billing cycles since we turned in the phones, and yet, there still hasn't been a bill credit applied. Can anyone help with that? 

Currently trying to get in contact with Sprint Customer Support but the automated answering prompt has no good options for my issue, and the chat option isn't showing up on their site for me. I just want to talk to a representative, is that too much to ask?! I appreciate any help that you guys can give.

-Anthony

• Like 1

A quick question for anyone who took advantage of Sprint's trade-in credit for the iPhone 7 when coming from a 6 or newer. Did any of you do the trade-in in-store? (I know some of you did it online, which was a different process so not really any help here) If so, has your monthly bill credit shown up on your account? We got an iPhone 7 and two 7 Plus's back in September when they came out, and traded in two 6 Plus's and a 6 so that we would get the monthly bill credits, but have still yet to get the credits. We are now on monthly payment 4 on two of the devices and payment 3 on the other one, so it has definitely been 2 billing cycles since we turned in the phones, and yet, there still hasn't been a bill credit applied. Can anyone help with that? 

Currently trying to get in contact with Sprint Customer Support but the automated answering prompt has no good options for my issue, and the chat option isn't showing up on their site for me. I just want to talk to a representative, is that too much to ask?! I appreciate any help that you guys can give.

-Anthony

ALWAYS select the option to disconnect service.  A live person will quickly come on.

• Like 2

-Anthony

I'm in the same boat.  My promo trade-in phones were accepted by the warehouse October 4th. 

I've contacted Sprint several times, even via the disconnect option, without much help.  Every time the rep would say next billing cycle.  Last month one rep did process ticket to have the installment credits start applying to my account.  I called in last night to check the status since the new bill rolled out without the credits showing up and that rep the told me that the ticket was processed on Nov 29 but not in time to be reflected on Dec's bill.  So he went ahead made an adjustment for the credit amount for this month and is confident it will be on next month's bill.  I explained to him I was told several times I would also receive a large credit for the previous month's full installment payments that I have made and he said that was not on the ticket but that he would notate that.  He told me if that's not on next months bill he told me to call in to have it adjusted.

Sprint has had two of my phones for almost 3 months.  And I say my phones because they have not held up their end of the bargain and provided me with the installment credits they promised.  Very frustrating to have to keep calling.

This promotion, along with the Note 7 recall, has apparently overwhelmed their turn-in/trade-in process.  It also took longer than normal for them to process a lease turn-in for me as well.

• Like 1

(TL;DR at the bottom to get right to what solved the issue)

So a follow up, after going into the store, and the rep gave me the receipt that showed that we traded in our devices, and the rep told me to call the "financial department", which ended up just being *3, and I went back to my car to call them. This basically just took me back through the automated loop that I was already encountering, so I went back into the store. I told her and she had me call again, and she spammed zero after the call connected, which brought up a prompt that said I was going to be connected to a representative. I thanked her for her help and went back to my car to wait on hold (with an estimation of over 10 minutes, might I add).

I waited, somewhat patiently, on hold for about 15 minutes and got connected to a representative. She took all of my information and I explained my issue, and I ended up being on hold for a total of another 15 minutes. She comes back and says something about getting me my credits that I should be getting, and I think she said something about calling the store to get info from them (she had a VERY thick accent that made it difficult to understand her, especially over the phone). She puts me on hold again, and when I'm taken off hold, I hear "Hello?" to which I replied "hi". The woman on the phone, different than before, says "how may I help you?" and I said "um, weren't we just talking?" and she says "hello??". At this point I'm extremely confused as to what is going on, so I say "who is this?" and she says "Sprint" and I was like "oh, did she transfer me or something?" to which the woman hung up on me. Great, there goes an hour of my time :)

Considerably upset, I decide to drive home because I'm not going to sit in the parking lot on hold for another 15 minutes, I'd rather do this at home. I get home, call again, get told my wait time is upward of 12 minutes, and then get told that there is a technical problem and I can't be connected to an agent, and it hangs up on me. G R E A T. Call back once more, finally get put on hold to wait for an agent, (thankfully) only 5 minutes later, I'm connected to a representative. I explain my issue once more, she does some looking, and tells me that she can't find our devices in the stock at the warehouse. I tell her that the Sprint store rep gave me tracking numbers for the devices, read the numbers to her, and then she tells me that the numbers don't work. *sigh* She tells me to go back to the Sprint store, and tell the store rep to her "NSS Agent" and have them use their "override code". Okay, interesting. Time to head back to the store.

I head back, armed with this new information, and tell the store rep. She calls her agent, explains my situation, and gives her another number to call (at this point I'm sure the store reps are just glad to see me so much :) ). She calls the number, and the guy tries to tell her that the "iPhone 7 on us" promotion only lasted from 9/9 to 9/16. No way, considering the device was only available to preorder from 9/9 to 9/15, with 9/16 being the first day that it was actually on sale, which is a very limited promotion (also the fact that the adverts for the promotion were ran well into October, last I checked). He claimed only one of the THREE devices we got qualified for the promotion because we "bought it on the 16th, whereas the rest were bought afterward." Um, no. We preordered all three on the 10th, and only received one of them on the 16th, and the other two over the course of the next two weeks. How is it my fault that they were backordered?

Anyways, the guy concedes that his statement was wrong (even though it didn't seem like he believed that concession), and gave the store rep ANOTHER number to call. This time it's the BuyBack department. She calls and explains the situation, and within 30 seconds she is off the phone with them. They say that once the BuyBack is processed in store, the BuyBack department has nothing to do with it because they only handle online. OK. My store rep is about as fed up with this as I am, so she says that she's going to email her LAM (Line area manager?) directly. So she emails him my situation and says that by Tuesday I will get a callback from her letting me know the results. I will definitely update if this fixes the issue.

TL;DR: Call support, see if they have the devices in their system. If not, go to the store, tell the rep to contact their NSS Agent, and if that doesn't work, tell them to email their LAM. Hopefully that helps.

What a headache.

-Anthony

Never never never give your device back to your carrier.

Sell it on ebay/craigslist, or give/gift it to a family member or friend.

Much less headache.

• Like 1

Never never never give your device back to your carrier.

Sell it on ebay/craigslist, or give/gift it to a family member or friend.

Much less headache.

It was part of a promotion where you would get way more value for the phones then what you could get on eBay or Craigslist.

• Like 1

yes but, worth the hassle?

Trading it in at a store *should* be the most hassle-free way to go. I know family members that traded in at Verizon and Best Buy had zero issues. If trading in at Sprint is a hassle, it is something that really should be fixed.
  • Like 1

-Anthony

Another easy way to talk to someone is keep pressing 0 when you call Customer Support or your local corporate store. That's what I always do.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, as of today, January 12, 2017, Sprint now has every iPhone 7/7 Plus configuration available to ship today. Let's see how long before shipping delays return, but hopefully they won't.

Oh, how's everyone's battery life? I still do not have a 7 Plus, and may not get one since the next iPhone comes out a few months after my lease ends.

Well, as of today, January 12, 2017, Sprint now has every iPhone 7/7 Plus configuration available to ship today. Let's see how long before shipping delays return, but hopefully they won't.

Oh, how's everyone's battery life? I still do not have a 7 Plus, and may not get one since the next iPhone comes out a few months after my lease ends.

Love my 128gn 7+ and very happy with the android to iPhone migration.

Battery is much better than my 6p or s7 edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm not too impressed with the battery life of my 7+, compared to my 6+.

The call quality/volume also seems poorer.

Other than that, everything else seems equal or slightly better than the 6+.

Really the only reason I upgraded was to get CA. Well I also got the gift card from best buy, which I figured is about the only discount I was going to see on them.

• Like 3

I still love my 7 Plus. IMO it was a great upgrade over my previous 6 Plus. Everything is equal to or better than my 6 Plus. Still pissed off that we still have yet to get our bill credits for trading in our 6's towards our 7's, but hopefully I will have that resolved tomorrow. It's now been over 3 weeks that I've been spending trying to get this fixed. But other than that, I'm glad we got the 7's.

-Anthony

My 7+ is going batshit crazy today.

My bluetooth keeps going on and off by itself, apps keep closing, googlemusic, settings, app store, and it keeps freezing up and screen won't respond for 10+ seconds at a time.

My 7+ is going batshit crazy today.

My bluetooth keeps going on and off by itself, apps keep closing, googlemusic, settings, app store, and it keeps freezing up and screen won't respond for 10+ seconds at a time.

Have you done a hard reset? A restore? Those are typically surefire ways to fix those kinds of issues.

-Anthony

Have you done a hard reset? A restore? Those are typically surefire ways to fix those kinds of issues.

-Anthony

And if that doesn't fix the issues, take it to a Genius Bar to get them to troubleshoot and, hopefully, replace it.

Yeah, after a couple days of chaos, I bit the bullet on the itunes clean restore/reset.

Will see how it goes over the next week and visit the jeans bar if it goes south again.

• Like 1

Just got a 7+ last night to replace a 2 year old 6+ that had battery and charging issues. So far I like it. Hope I find CA gains somewhere I frequent. Not much better speedterst results yet.