iPhone 7/7 Plus User's Thread

MacinJosh

If anyone has an iPhone with iOS 11 beta 2 and wants to experience calling plus, you now can. Place a wifi call and then disable wifi. VoLTE :).

Sweet. Hopefully it launches fully with the final build.

Something else to note - field test no longer works in the second iOS 11 beta, at least on my iPhone 6S. That’s something I’m going to miss a lot.

Hoping Qualcomm phones will get a new field test in a coming update like the Intel ones recently did.

If anyone has an iPhone with iOS 11 beta 2 and wants to experience calling plus, you now can. Place a wifi call and then disable wifi. VoLTE :).

Damn and I had to fight to get volte off recently.....Guess time to try again!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm, is this really calling Plus or cheap trick....

If on my wifi data does work after starting call and turn off wifi......

I then end call and leave wifi off, make another call and try data, nadda.....

Update, maybe prepping for Calling Plus but not active while not on wifi and turning wifi off.

Just made call away from home and no data!!!!

[emoji45][emoji45][emoji45][emoji45][emoji45][emoji45]

Something else to note - field test no longer works in the second iOS 11 beta, at least on my iPhone 6S. That’s something I’m going to miss a lot.

Hoping Qualcomm phones will get a new field test in a coming update like the Intel ones recently did.

Yeah the worst part is we can still bring the field test app up, but it just sits at "Connecting" forever. :(

-Anthony

• Like 1

Yeah the worst part is we can still bring the field test app up, but it just sits at "Connecting" forever. :(

-Anthony

Just like the Intel phones used to...:/.

That’s why I think there may be an update to field test coming soon.

• Like 2

Just like the Intel phones used to...:/.

That’s why I think there may be an update to field test coming soon.

heres hoping the next beta or iOS 11 public release!!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can confirm that field test is operative once again in iOS 11 dev beta 3. It still craps itself after loading all of the information, but at least it works like it did pre-beta 2.

-Anthony

so VOLTE testing on sprint?

I would not surprised if apple dropped everything but LTE, no cdma/gsm backup.

For providers without volte in place, place calls over updated facetime audio that functions like google voice over ip.

• Like 1

I would not surprised if apple dropped everything but LTE, no cdma/gsm backup.

For providers without volte in place, place calls over updated facetime audio that functions like google voice over ip.

I would.  Quite simply put, GSM and CDMA have much better and broader coverage than LTE, not to mention many countries still don't have LTE fully (or even extensively) rolled out.  

Here are a few examples of the coverage difference between LTE and older legacy technologies:

- Areas around my house get AT&T B5 WCDMA/HSPA but not B17/B12/B5 LTE even though each of these technologies come from the same sites with the same sector alignments.

- Driving on 79 between Ithaca, NY and I-81, Verizon has phenominal CDMA coverage wheras LTE is scarce, despite every site running B13 at full power alongside CDMA BC0.  

• 4 weeks later...

Just came back to Sprint.... First thing I did was install iOS11 and try the Wi-Fi to LTE handoff. :-) Seamless!

Hopefully there is a carrier update in a few months that allows Calling Plus, if not full on VoLTE. Sprint has been building out like crazy in Upstate NY the last few months and I think that's why. The time is up for GMO sites....

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, bucdenny said:

My brother has VZ A1660 model, what features will be missing if he came to Sprint?  Looking at 1 year free deal.

From a frequency standpoint, nothing:

A1660 specs

FDD-LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30)
TD-LTE (Bands 38, 39, 40, 41)
TD-SCDMA 1900 (F), 2000 (A)
CDMA EV-DO Rev. A  (800, 1900, 2100 MHz)
UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)
GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

1 hour ago, Steve Dean said:

From a frequency standpoint, nothing:

A1660 specs

FDD-LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30)
TD-LTE (Bands 38, 39, 40, 41)
TD-SCDMA 1900 (F), 2000 (A)
CDMA EV-DO Rev. A  (800, 1900, 2100 MHz)
UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)
GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

Is CA on B41 supported? Or have to obtain Sprint version?

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

i am getting a iphone 7plus...is anyone experiencing the battery life issue with ios 11?

I am having issues with my 6S+ currently.  I did not update iOS until 11.0.1 was released over the weekend.  I will say the battery will go from 100% to 90% in 15 to 20 minutes regardless of how I am using the phone.  It does not happen when I am not using it.

6 hours ago, Steve Dean said:

I am having issues with my 6S+ currently.  I did not update iOS until 11.0.1 was released over the weekend.  I will say the battery will go from 100% to 90% in 15 to 20 minutes regardless of how I am using the phone.  It does not happen when I am not using it.

hmm apple really messed up this time....i am getting a iphone 7 Plus..i hope this doesnt happen to me....

21 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

hmm apple really messed up this time....i am getting a iphone 7 Plus..i hope this doesnt happen to me....

I have a 7 Plus on iOS 11.0.1 and so does my father. Neither of us are having this battery drain issue.

-Anthony

2 hours ago, anthony.spina97 said:

I have a 7 Plus on iOS 11.0.1 and so does my father. Neither of us are having this battery drain issue.

-Anthony

hmm good and what color is your iphone? i got rose gold...