iPhone 7/7 Plus User's Thread

MacinJosh

For iPhones:

HD Voice will work over cellular Sprint to cellular Sprint calls even if either device has Wi-Fi Calling enabled on their account. This was fixed last year. 

If one party is using Sprint Wi-Fi calling for the call, and one is cellular, it will not be HD. 

If both parties are using Sprint Wi-Fi calling for the call, it will be HD. 

Really all that's left is the ability to do HD voice on cellular to Wi-Fi calls (or vice versa).... and then cross-carrier compatibility. 

• Like 1

For iPhones:

HD Voice will work over cellular Sprint to cellular Sprint calls even if either device has Wi-Fi Calling enabled on their account. This was fixed last year.

If one party is using Sprint Wi-Fi calling for the call, and one is cellular, it will not be HD.

If both parties are using Sprint Wi-Fi calling for the call, it will be HD.

Really all that's left is the ability to do HD voice on cellular to Wi-Fi calls (or vice versa).... and then cross-carrier compatibility.

On my initial test, ur conclusion is wrong....

Turned wifi calling on, made wifi call from home and non hd of course.

Walked out of my wifi range and made a call, phone call is not hd....

More testing needed of course!!!

fa6542407af441fe4731d7ac9f3d4857.jpg

https://www.sprint.com/en/support/solutions/services/faqs-about-wi-fi-calling.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Who/what were you calling?

Also, I don't know why they say HD voice is disabled with Wi-Fi calling, because it sounds glorious when talking to another Sprint user that is on Wi-Fi calling.

Maybe they mean it doesn't work, because they assume you'll be calling Cellular sprint users? (In which case they're right, it won't be HD from wifi to cellular)

Who/what were you calling?

Also, I don't know why they say HD voice is disabled with Wi-Fi calling, because it sounds glorious when talking to another Sprint user that is on Wi-Fi calling.

Maybe they mean it doesn't work, because they assume you'll be calling Cellular sprint users? (In which case they're right, it won't be HD from wifi to cellular)

Both my dad and my sister have wifi calling enabled on their line (LG G6 and iPhone 7) and they no longer get Sprint HD calling at all while on cellular. Wifi calls sound good, but enabling wifi calling on your line even if you don't use it kills a lot of features for some reason.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Tested again, hd calling is not working and won't work on iPhone until u call and have that specific soc code removed from ur line...

Called sprint iPhone to android and no hd voice.

• Like 2

Tested again, hd calling is not working and won't work on iPhone until u call and have that specific soc code removed from ur line...

Called sprint iPhone to android and no hd voice.

This has been my families experience as well. iPhone to iPhone, iPhone to Android, Android to Android it doesn't seem to matter. It's like the wifi calling option on the line disables HD calling among other features. To be clear wifi calls still sound good, but Sprint HD calling on cellular seems to get disabled once wifi calling is enabled on that line.

• Like 1

The only interesting thing in the update cellular-wise is that you are no longer able to display your signal strength in dBm at the top of your phone. You’re stuck with bars. And there are only four of them now, not five...

• Like 1

The only interesting thing in the update cellular-wise is that you are no longer able to display your signal strength in dBm at the top of your phone. You’re stuck with bars. And there are only four of them now, not five...

Yeah I noticed this too. Android has 4 bars, correct?

-Anthony

I was under the impression that Android had 5 although I may be wrong...

Android doesn't really have bars anymore, it's a little wedge and there seems to be more than five "levels" from what I can tell.

Android doesn't really have bars anymore, it's a little wedge and there seems to be more than five "levels" from what I can tell.

Oh...I was under the impression that there were five levels in the little wedge.

Ah okay. I had thought I had seen Android devices with four bars. Maybe it was older devices with older versions of Android on them. Oh well, either way I would prefer the fifth bar in iOS 11's new signal indicator.

-Anthony

Ah okay. I had thought I had seen Android devices with four bars. Maybe it was older devices with older versions of Android on them. Oh well, either way I would prefer the fifth bar in iOS 11's new signal indicator.

-Anthony

Agreed. As well as the option to display dBm.

• Like 1

Nope. Still the same old Field Test :(. Only difference is that you can’t display dBm in your status bar anymore.

It doesn't display dBm on the status bar while in Field Test anymore either?

Also, does the information populate faster, or is it still sporadic at times?

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk Pro

It doesn't display dBm on the status bar while in Field Test anymore either?

Also, does the information populate faster, or is it still sporadic at times?

Seems to populate faster but need to pay more attention....

0e5c2e81ca85535067a866b15257a466.jpg61fc69cf1544005e28b4004f6ae6972c.jpg

• Like 2

Seems to populate faster but need to pay more attention....

That status bar sure looks nicer with signal bars. Will definitely miss seeing dBm up there though.

• Like 2