iPhone 7/7 Plus User's Thread

MacinJosh

basically same issue but every call and people have a hard time talking to me.....looks like a wide spread problem!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's the CDMA network becoming congested. This has been happening to me for years in SF and now Pittsburgh, across 4 devices, and has been progressively getting worse. Used to be 1x800 was always like that (back when 800 was prioritized) and 1x1900 was fine, but now that they're shutting down CDMA carriers to make room for more B25 the problem is becoming more widespread and consistent. Only solution is VoLTE. My call quality on Sprint is shit. For good sounding calls I have to use an airave or use my Google Voice number via Hangouts VoIP (I'm not gvoice integrated and keep them as separate numbers).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think it's the CDMA network becoming congested. This has been happening to me for years in SF and now Pittsburgh, across 4 devices, and has been progressively getting worse. Used to be 1x800 was always like that (back when 800 was prioritized) and 1x1900 was fine, but now that they're shutting down CDMA carriers to make room for more B25 the problem is becoming more widespread and consistent. Only solution is VoLTE. My call quality on Sprint is shit. For good sounding calls I have to use an airave or use my Google Voice number via Hangouts VoIP (I'm not gvoice integrated and keep them as separate numbers).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

That could be part of the issue but also persists with iPhones on AT&T/Cricket, iOS beta and stock iOS.

At least for me, the issue seems to only affect incoming calls which would help rule out a general congestion issue as both incoming and outgoing calls would be affected

• Like 1

I haven't had a single issue. I've had my 7 Plus since the end of September and have encountered this issue at all. Call quality is phenomenal as always, and don't have any issues with calls.

-Anthony

I haven't had a single issue. I've had my 7 Plus since the end of September and have encountered this issue at all. Call quality is phenomenal as always, and don't have any issues with calls.

-Anthony

I have an iPhone 7 plus on Sprint and my call Quality isn't good even with full service

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

-Anthony

I have an iPhone 7 plus on Sprint and my call Quality isn't good even with full service

I've had an iPhone 6S for a year and a half and encountered no problems. I don't think it's the network, rather a device issue.

• Like 1

I've had an iPhone 6S for a year and a half and encountered no problems. I don't think it's the network, rather a device issue.

but when I m in good sprint band 41 coverage with sprint they have no problems keeping up with Verizon...where live during rush hour T-Mobile and AT&T are no competition

Hey all, got a carrier settings update to Sprint 28.4 today. Would recommend that all iPhone users head to Settings>General>About and hover there until it asks you to update your carrier settings. I've heard this update contains some exciting stuff...

• Like 3

Hey all, got a carrier settings update to Sprint 28.4 today. Would recommend that all iPhone users head to Settings>General>About and hover there until it asks you to update your carrier settings. I've heard this update contains some exciting stuff...

...like whaaaat?

• Like 1

Done. What should we be looking out for?

This is unverified but I've heard things regarding more AT&T LTE roaming getting enabled in this update.

Hmm, that'd be interesting to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

This is unverified but I've heard things regarding more AT&T LTE roaming getting enabled in this update.

I'm updated and going to known roaming area in a bit to test...

• Like 1

what does the new update enable because I'm at the same when you guys are at

These guys are the pros..

iOS 10.3.2 Beta 5: Changes, Bug Fixes, Enhancements etc.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=13661&share_tid=2043471&url=https://forums.macrumors.com/index.php?threads/iOS-10%2E3%2E2-Beta-5%3A-Changes%2C-Bug-Fixes%2C-Enhancements-etc%2E.2043471/&share_type=t

These guys are the pros

These guys are the pros..

iOS 10.3.2 Beta 5: Changes, Bug Fixes, Enhancements etc.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=13661&share_tid=2043471&url=https://forums.macrumors.com/index.php?threads/iOS-10%2E3%2E2-Beta-5%3A-Changes%2C-Bug-Fixes%2C-Enhancements-etc%2E.2043471/&share_type=t

These guys are the pros

What does a carrier update do the 28.4

• Like 1

What does a carrier update do the 28.4

Apologies, but please try to phrase your question with correct grammar. It's very hard for a lot of people to decipher what you're asking.

I believe you would like to know what changes are in 28.4/what it does. It is believed that this carrier update enables AT&T LTE roaming on Sprint iOS devices, though it has not been confirmed. Refer to this post, which is up a little ways in this thread:

• 3 weeks later...