iPhone 7/7 Plus User's Thread

MacinJosh

I actually like the product red iPhone. A lot of people are mad about it having the white front but the colors for PR are red and white. I want to get the phone but honestly it's something I shouldn't buy since the 8 is months away. Besides, it was like pulling teeth to get my jet black plus lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I actually like the product red iPhone. A lot of people are mad about it having the white front but the colors for PR are red and white. I want to get the phone but honestly it's something I shouldn't buy since the 8 is months away. Besides, it was like pulling teeth to get my jet black plus lol.

I agree. with waiting.  I still have the 6S+.  With HPUE being deployed, hopefully the 8 will incorporate the technology.  I would love to have 3CA but if another upgrade is necessary to have HPUE, I will wait.

Jet black is more appealing.  Red, for those in Columbus who love scarlet, does have its own appeal.

• Like 1

I actually like the product red iPhone. A lot of people are mad about it having the white front but the colors for PR are red and white.

I think most people like the new red iPhone. Apple just dropped the ball on the screen bezel color for 99% of buyers, though. I'd be seriously interested in switching if the front was black.

• Like 1

I think most people like the new red iPhone. Apple just dropped the ball on the screen bezel color for 99% of buyers, though. I'd be seriously interested in switching if the front was black.

There are cheaper options than this, but here his a Zagg screen cover to turn it black for you:

https://www.zagg.com/us/en_us/glass-plus-luxe-apple-iphone-7/31090?mkwid=s_dc&pcrid=164636195260&pkw=&pmt=&gclid=COHZ2qmd79ICFdNWDQodWvMEkg

• Like 1

I went out and purchased the Red iPhone yesterday. The white front isn't as big of a deal as I thought. This is my first personal iPhone device. I have an iPhone 6 for work purposes and I'm limited as to what I can do with it. So far I'm liking the device.

• Like 1

And as of Friday, the 17 month lease option is gone on Sprint.com. Talk about scaling back options.

I wonder how many utilized it. The two year upgrade cycle has been shoved down our throats for so long I wonder if most were picking 24 months.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

I wonder how many utilized it. The two year upgrade cycle has been shoved down our throats for so long I wonder if most were picking 24 months.

Probably most people were picking 18 mo leases and 24 month Installment billing because the pricing didn't look so crazy compared to the 17 month option.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk Pro

10.3 out

not sure if these changed from what they were before...

carrier sprint 28.3

prl 55061

also interesting, not sure if this is new, but carplay now supports wireless

• Like 1

10.3 out

not sure if these changed from what they were before...

carrier sprint 28.3

prl 55061

also interesting, not sure if this is new, but carplay now supports wireless

28.3 is new, I'm on the beta still (will upgrade to the release version of 10.3 when I get home from class) and it updated it to 28.3 from 28.0 or 28.1 I believe.

Wireless Carplay, however, came out with the release of iOS 9. So about a year and a half ago. Not much supports it at the moment, but hopefully auto manufacturers will start supporting more soon.

-Anthony

• Like 1

I wonder if the new carrier update improves HD voice between Wi-Fi calling and macro network Sprint calls. I think that's currently the only situation in which HD voice doesn't work now, right? (Assuming Sprint to Sprint calls) 

I wonder if the new carrier update improves HD voice between Wi-Fi calling and macro network Sprint calls. I think that's currently the only situation in which HD voice doesn't work now, right? (Assuming Sprint to Sprint calls)

Does HD voice work at all with WiFi calling enabled on iPhones? I went to activate it on my Bolt and my sisters iPhone 7 and I recall seeing something that enabling WiFi calling would deactivate HD voice completely even when not using WiFi calling, among other things.

• Like 1

Does HD voice work at all with WiFi calling enabled on iPhones? I went to activate it on my Bolt and my sisters iPhone 7 and I recall seeing something that enabling WiFi calling would deactivate HD voice completely even when not using WiFi calling, among other things.

Nope, that's fixed now. (On the iPhone at least) HD voice will work on cellular to cellular calls even if wifi calling is enabled. And wifi to wifi calls on iPhone are HD voice now, too. Mixed cellular/wifi calls seem to be the only non-HD calls now.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to iPhone and iOS. When I owned android phones in the past every 4-6 months I would perform a factory reset on my device to clean it up. Is that necessary with iOS?

The reason I ask is my wife has a 6s plus that she says has been running slower than normal. When that happened with my android device I would normally do a factory reset.

I'm new to iPhone and iOS. When I owned android phones in the past every 4-6 months I would perform a factory reset on my device to clean it up. Is that necessary with iOS?

The reason I ask is my wife has a 6s plus that she says has been running slower than normal. When that happened with my android device I would normally do a factory reset.

Hopefully not.  Make sure all of the updates are done for iOS.  If it is a Sprint phone, also run ##UPDATE# from the dialer.  That should help as well.

• Like 1

You should NOT have to.  Just power down the device and turn it back on.  Usually with the iOS updates. the device does a soft reset anyways.

Anyone here with a 7plus update to to 10.3.1?

I'm wanting to know if band 41 connectivity has gotten any better. Seems like this device loves to camp on band 25 and 26.

I don't experience this at all....Mostly on b41 in Columbus, OH.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone experience voice issues?

iPhone voice issues: Iphone 7 voice quality

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=13661&share_tid=2043708&url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Emacrumors%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3Fthreads%2FIphone-7-voice-quality%2E2043708%2F&share_type=t

• Like 2

On occasion I will answer a call to hear very digital sounds/static or even a weird phenomenon where it sounds like every half second is cut out like I'm talking through some large industrial fan. Hang up and immediately redial out to them and no problem. This has only happened on incoming calls and it's happened from people on ATT, Verizon, and Virgin

• Like 1

On occasion I will answer a call to hear very digital sounds/static or even a weird phenomenon where it sounds like every half second is cut out like I'm talking through some large industrial fan. Hang up and immediately redial out to them and no problem. This has only happened on incoming calls and it's happened from people on ATT, Verizon, and Virgin

basically same issue but every call and people have a hard time talking to me.....looks like a wide spread problem!!!!

• Like 1