iPhone 7/7 Plus User's Thread

MacinJosh

I am so frustrated with Sprint right now.  My 5th bill rolled out since I purchased my iPhone 7 Plus's via the trade up promotion back in Sept. and it still does not have the promised installment billing credits on it.  I have called every month since Oct. asking about the credit and every time I'm promised it will show up on the next bill.

At this point Sprint has two of my phones and the only credit they've given me for them is a $54 credit a rep applied to my account last month.  

I just spent almost 3 hours being bounced around from department to department, foreign rep to foreign rep, with no one being able to help me out. The only American I spoke to started out helpful but then essentially told me that the promo was for leases only and that if I can't provide him proof it was for installment billing then he can't apply the credits.  He claims he Googled it and couldn't see anything related to installment billing credits.  I told him there are pictures of the promotion on Google search results but wouldn't budge.  I asked him where my traded in phones were, he said they were probably sold by now.

After being disconnected I called the cancelation department, another foreign rep, who claims his supervisor has agreed to apply the promo code and to trust him that it will show up next month.  He said he was going to apply $100 credit for this month's bill for all the trouble, which by the way doesn't make up for the 3 other full price payment's I've made.

I am at my wits end!

• Like 3

I am so frustrated with Sprint right now. My 5th bill rolled out since I purchased my iPhone 7 Plus's via the trade up promotion back in Sept. and it still does not have the promised installment billing credits on it. I have called every month since Oct. asking about the credit and every time I'm promised it will show up on the next bill.

If you haven't tried this already, try tweeting @marceloclaure and @sprintcare. They are usually pretty responsive to customer complaints. Hope you get in contact with someone who can fix your problem and restore your sanity ASAP!

If you haven't tried this already, try tweeting @marceloclaure and @sprintcare. They are usually pretty responsive to customer complaints. Hope you get in contact with someone who can fix your problem and restore your sanity ASAP!

I did send a Facebook message to Sprint care and they claimed the last rep noted that the credit would be applied starting next billing cycle.

My biggest issue is that if I wasn't so diligent on calling, Sprint would have gotten two free phones. If the promotion was not legit, not once has anyone from Sprint contacted me via email nor phone as to why I sent them the two phones. All I've gotten is a notification that the warehouse received the phones in October. And they were not on lease or under contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just downloaded 10.2.1. Wonder if the 3XCA update is a part of it.

if so, haven't found any in the wild yet.....

Dev beta 10.3 is out and the public beta should be soon....

I am so frustrated with Sprint right now.  My 5th bill rolled out since I purchased my iPhone 7 Plus's via the trade up promotion back in Sept. and it still does not have the promised installment billing credits on it.  I have called every month since Oct. asking about the credit and every time I'm promised it will show up on the next bill.

At this point Sprint has two of my phones and the only credit they've given me for them is a $54 credit a rep applied to my account last month.  

I just spent almost 3 hours being bounced around from department to department, foreign rep to foreign rep, with no one being able to help me out. The only American I spoke to started out helpful but then essentially told me that the promo was for leases only and that if I can't provide him proof it was for installment billing then he can't apply the credits.  He claims he Googled it and couldn't see anything related to installment billing credits.  I told him there are pictures of the promotion on Google search results but wouldn't budge.  I asked him where my traded in phones were, he said they were probably sold by now.

After being disconnected I called the cancelation department, another foreign rep, who claims his supervisor has agreed to apply the promo code and to trust him that it will show up next month.  He said he was going to apply $100 credit for this month's bill for all the trouble, which by the way doesn't make up for the 3 other full price payment's I've made.

I am at my wits end!

I did send a Facebook message to Sprint care and they claimed the last rep noted that the credit would be applied starting next billing cycle.

My biggest issue is that if I wasn't so diligent on calling, Sprint would have gotten two free phones. If the promotion was not legit, not once has anyone from Sprint contacted me via email nor phone as to why I sent them the two phones. All I've gotten is a notification that the warehouse received the phones in October. And they were not on lease or under contract.

I've basically been having the same problem. We STILL haven't gotten our trade in credits for our phones, and we did them back in SEPTEMBER! I've been having to deal with the reps in the store that we did our trade-ins at because apparently phone support can't help because the store's the one that handled the trade-ins. The store rep eventually contacted her manager (and then assistant manager after her manager wasn't responding). She emailed her assistant manager the last time I was in store and she CC'd me into the email so that I would get an update when she did (you can go a few posts back to see my full explanation of what happened). That was 12 days ago. I have school Monday thru Thursday from 1 PM to 10 PM and I'm not waking up early to go and deal with Sprint's crap lol, so I'm going to the store AGAIN on Friday, this time with my father (the account holder) so hopefully I should have more leverage. We have now made 5 payments on my father and sister's phones, and 4 payments on my phone, so we've now paid nearly $300 over the past few months that we shouldn't have had to pay.

The shitty part is that we can't even threaten to leave because of this, because if we left we would either have to pay off the devices or take the credit hit of not paying for them, which both suck. We're currently paying nearly $100 more per month than we should be, which is honestly ridiculous. I wouldn't have convinced my Dad to do this if I knew it was going to be such a hassle. I've been losing my mind over this for the past 3 months.  :unsure:

/rant

-Anthony

I've basically been having the same problem. We STILL haven't gotten our trade in credits for our phones, and we did them back in SEPTEMBER! I've been having to deal with the reps in the store that we did our trade-ins at because apparently phone support can't help because the store's the one that handled the trade-ins. The store rep eventually contacted her manager (and then assistant manager after her manager wasn't responding). She emailed her assistant manager the last time I was in store and she CC'd me into the email so that I would get an update when she did (you can go a few posts back to see my full explanation of what happened). That was 12 days ago. I have school Monday thru Thursday from 1 PM to 10 PM and I'm not waking up early to go and deal with Sprint's crap lol, so I'm going to the store AGAIN on Friday, this time with my father (the account holder) so hopefully I should have more leverage. We have now made 5 payments on my father and sister's phones, and 4 payments on my phone, so we've now paid nearly $300 over the past few months that we shouldn't have had to pay.

The shitty part is that we can't even threaten to leave because of this, because if we left we would either have to pay off the devices or take the credit hit of not paying for them, which both suck. We're currently paying nearly $100 more per month than we should be, which is honestly ridiculous. I wouldn't have convinced my Dad to do this if I knew it was going to be such a hassle. I've been losing my mind over this for the past 3 months.  :unsure:

/rant

-Anthony

What I'm starting to think is that this promotion was only supposed to be for iPhone 7 32 GB.  I thought when I ordered my phones the promo stated free iPhone 7 or $650 of credits towards any model (which is what T-Mobile also offered) but I don't see that anywhere on my searches for the promo.  I purchased 2 iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB models thinking the promo applied to them as well.

Either way Sprint has two of my phones and I have not had the credits show up on any bills automatically.  I've had to call with each bill and have a credit applied manually.  This past call the last rep I spoke to said it should show up next bill.  We will see.

I suggest going to the store and asking for your trade-in phones back and see their reaction.  Or else you need compensation from Sprint in some form.

What I'm starting to think is that this promotion was only supposed to be for iPhone 7 32 GB.  I thought when I ordered my phones the promo stated free iPhone 7 or $650 of credits towards any model (which is what T-Mobile also offered) but I don't see that anywhere on my searches for the promo.  I purchased 2 iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB models thinking the promo applied to them as well.

Either way Sprint has two of my phones and I have not had the credits show up on any bills automatically.  I've had to call with each bill and have a credit applied manually.  This past call the last rep I spoke to said it should show up next bill.  We will see.

I suggest going to the store and asking for your trade-in phones back and see their reaction.  Or else you need compensation from Sprint in some form.

Yeah I was under the impression that it was towards an iPhone 7 32 GB and if you wanted anything higher you just paid that difference. That is what I remember reading and that is what I was told at the store. If my father and I can't get anything done to get the monthly bill credits when we go to the store tomorrow then we're going to see if we can get the phones back (which isn't going to happen because there's no way they still have them lol) or we're going to see if we can at least get the trade in credit of what the phones are worth on trade in. Or something else. We'll see after tomorrow. I will post to update everyone after we get home from the store.

-Anthony

Updated to iOS 10.3 today, running smooth!!!!

I have the update queued in my settings app, but I'm hesitant to install it because of the recent release of the iOS 10.2 jailbreak. I'm not sure why I'm hesitating to update considering all of the recent jailbreaks have been semi-tethered and have nearly no support for for the new phones, but I digress. It must be the inner-child in me. Lol.

-Anthony

• Like 2

So, just an update. Went to the Sprint store with my father today. I walked in and the woman saw me and said "You still haven't gotten your credits yet?!" It's kind of bad that they know who I am and what issue I've been having lol, I've been there that many times now. She immediately called her manager, didn't get a hold of him (as per usual) and she called her assistant manager. Assistant manager then calls the manager, and then tells the store rep that the manager is currently working on it with Sprint on how to get us the credits. I believe they are trying to figure out a better way to give us the credits that we should have been getting all along, because right now the only option would have been to give us a bulk credit for all the missed credits, but anyways.

We weren't able to get in contact with the manager before, so this is progress. The assistant manager told the rep to tell us that she would call us by the end of the day with an update, so here's to hoping that this is fixed by the end of today.  :fingers:

-Anthony

• Like 2