iPhone 7/7 Plus User's Thread

MacinJosh

I had my order placed within 10 minutes of the Sprint site coming online on preorder nite/morning. Was surprised I did not make it for having it on launch day. Everytime I try check order status the web page is timing out So I can not verify the new Nocember delivery date. There is a delivery timeline on the last email. When I re received the email it had a 10/7 shipping date. Now it says November shipping date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried going to the local apple store,some are having luck!

Have you tried going to the local apple store,some are having luck!

No stores are near by. Plus the Jet Black is the golden ticket for this model. Was finally able to access my order status. The ship by 10/7 date has dropped off. There is no ship by date anymore on my order page. It says to goto sprint page to get shipping date. End of October is what they are showing now.

Anyone else who order the Jet Black 7+ 256/G have the same dates?

No stores are near by. Plus the Jet Black is the golden ticket for this model. Was finally able to access my order status. The ship by 10/7 date has dropped off. There is no ship by date anymore on my order page. It says to goto sprint page to get shipping date. End of October is what they are showing now.

Anyone else who order the Jet Black 7+ 256/G have the same dates?

This is why I didn't order from the carrier. I had a feeling it was gonna be iffy. I went directly to Apple and ordered my phone off there. My ETA hasn't changed neither has my shipping time. When I first ordered my phone (iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB ) it said on Apple's website 2-3 for shipping and it would arrive between October 6-12. That hasn't changed for me but I checked for other people it says 3-4 weeks shipping now. The only thing I don't like about ordering from Apple is lack of details. My order just says processing and it gives a little bit of details about what that means. Hopping it'll be shipping this Tuesday which makes 2 weeks.

My 3rd of 4 128gb 7+ has shipped....

I don't find it fair that you've gotten 3 iPhones already and I have yet to receive my one lol.

• Like 2

It depends on what carrier you have. Sprint doesn't support that feature, I know AT&T & T-MO do though.

Verizon supports talk and surf as well if Advanced Calling is enabled. Enhanced Calling is Verizon's marketing term for Voice Over LTE running on their network.

I don't find it fair that you've gotten 3 iPhones already and I have yet to receive my one lol.

My 3rd and 4th have now shipped...Being delivered tomorrow!

• Like 1

If you're waiting to get shipping confirmation or delayed way out on your iPhone, consider joining our raffle.  You may end up getting it the same time anyway...and pay much less.  And help support S4GRU in the process!

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7590-enter-to-win-a-new-unlocked-iphone-7-and-help-support-s4gru/

• Like 4

So, still haven't gotten a call from the Sprint store about my black 128 gb +. Our account on the Sprint website now shows the installment payment though, and it looks like they're trying to charge us for it. Gotta talk to Sprint and tell them that my Dad isn't paying for a phone we don't have yet. Also pretty upset that it's STILL not here.

-Anthony

• Like 1

So, still haven't gotten a call from the Sprint store about my black 128 gb +. Our account on the Sprint website now shows the installment payment though, and it looks like they're trying to charge us for it. Gotta talk to Sprint and tell them that my Dad isn't paying for a phone we don't have yet. Also pretty upset that it's STILL not here.

-Anthony

I was told by a Sprint rep that the installment payments would not start until the new phones were activated and sure enough right after I activated the phones the installment payments showed up on my account.

I was told by a Sprint rep that the installment payments would not start until the new phones were activated and sure enough right after I activated the phones the installment payments showed up on my account.

Yeah if the store doesn't call me today and tell me that my phone is in then I'm going to call Sprint and talk to them about it. The installments didn't show up for my sister or Dad's phones until they activated theirs, so mine seems to be the outlier.

-Anthony

If I actually understood how Sprint's self activation works I might know where to point the finger.

Basically I purchased a Sprint iPhone 7+ direct from Apple.

It arrived 9/26.

After turning off my old phone I powered on the new iP7+ and expected it to just self activate as iPhones usually do. Not so this time. First it asked me if xxx-yyy-zzzz is the phone number of the phone. This was accurate. It then presented be with a screen prompting me to supply my billing ZIP code and SPRINT PIN number. After I entered the info I got an error saying the activation failed.

I will spare you the gory details but for some reason the iPhone wanted the last 4 digits of my SSN instead of my Sprint PIN. This little tidbit took an hour at my Sprint store on the phone with Apple.

So where does this validation process take place? On the phone? On some server backend. If the information is incorrect who's to blame? Weird thing is I don't ever remember giving Apple my SSN. I might have given Sprint it when I first signed up 15 years ago.

From Reddit, Sprint User Forum etc. it seems this doesn't happen with all new Sprint iP7's. I wonder if only those purchased direct from Apple are affected.

Any insight appreciated.

J

I am refusing delivery of my 256 Black plus. As I got the 128 and it's mine, instead of a lease with sprint. But it did come today so they are shipping those out as stated by the delivery estimates.

So onto my impressions of the device so far and I haven't had an iPhone since the 3GS. But with Wi-Fi calling active and attempting to call sprint 611, you cannot use touch tones it won't recognize. I attempted to do a Wi-Fi to network handoff and the call simply failed so that doesn't work  either. I'm not a fan of the display density not so much the resolution but how the screen is utilized with space especially coming from a Nexus 6P that had dpi settings in Nougat. Overall the phone is  fast as eff, so I'm pleased with that, and the battery life is a pleasure coming from the Nexus 6P as well. I'm pretty sure I'm going to invest in a dac if I do decide to bother listening to music because I don't want to bother with the lightning cable and the quality coming from the phone. The stereo speaker set up actually is pretty impressive though I'll give it that. I'm not so sure about the camera quality I haven't gone out and taken pictures. But it seems a bit softer to me in my opinion,coming from the 6P. worse then the 6S plus in certain situations as well when I compare some of the pictures my partner has taken.  I'm not a fan of the implementation of universal copy and paste especially coming from android where you literally could copy everything. Be it the over all system settings or using Google now on tap to copy text from an image. There are certainly a lot of compromises that I'm dealing with at the moment but I'm in it to see if updates change my mind as the current software matures. Just certainly more steps to accomplish the same task in some cases. But faster because of how the software runs with the hardware. 

So onto my impressions of the device so far and I haven't had an iPhone since the 3GS. But with Wi-Fi calling active and attempting to call sprint 611, you cannot use touch tones it won't recognize. I attempted to do a Wi-Fi to network handoff and the call simply failed so that doesn't work  either. I'm not a fan of the display density not so much the resolution but how the screen is utilized with space especially coming from a Nexus 6P that had dpi settings in Nougat. Overall the phone is  fast as eff, so I'm pleased with that, and the battery life is a pleasure coming from the Nexus 6P as well. I'm pretty sure I'm going to invest in a dac if I do decide to bother listening to music because I don't want to bother with the lightning cable and the quality coming from the phone. The stereo speaker set up actually is pretty impressive though I'll give it that. I'm not so sure about the camera quality I haven't gone out and taken pictures. But it seems a bit softer to me in my opinion,coming from the 6P. worse then the 6S plus in certain situations as well when I compare some of the pictures my partner has taken.  I'm not a fan of the implementation of universal copy and paste especially coming from android where you literally could copy everything. Be it the over all system settings or using Google now on tap to copy text from an image. There are certainly a lot of compromises that I'm dealing with at the moment but I'm in it to see if updates change my mind as the current software matures. Just certainly more steps to accomplish the same task in some cases. But faster because of how the software runs with the hardware. 

You do realize that Apple's DAC/amp is among the best...see: http://www.kenrockwell.com/apple/iphone-6-plus.htm

Scroll down to see audio tests.  And i believe the lightning port itself has a amplifier.

The camera on 7 is better than 6P and 6sPLUS.  That is not up for debate IMO.

Edited by MadTiger
  • Like 1

You do realize that Apple's DAC/amp is among the best...see: http://www.kenrockwell.com/apple/iphone-6-plus.htm

Scroll down to see audio tests.  And i believe the lightning port itself has a amplifier.

The camera on 7 is better than 6P and 6sPLUS.  That is not up for debate IMO.

Ok, they are my impressions as first sentence postured. Still have to do more testing, I did buy the device, track it down drove miles to get it, and just comparing my experiences thus far. Everyone may have different one depending on apps and light present in regard to camera performance. With regard to the headphone jack or lightning port.. No matter how good the internal is, dedicated is still better! Simple fact. Bluetooth headphones are only good for working out based on the bandwidth they can push. Which I have already so not a concern. Lightening is propriety and I have multiple devices I use. Not for being locked into one singular system. I like options. Everything is debatable no device infallible.

• Like 2

Ok, they are my impressions as first sentence postured. Still have to do more testing, I did buy the device, track it down drove miles to get it, and just comparing my experiences thus far. Everyone may have different one depending on apps and light present in regard to camera performance. With regard to the headphone jack or lightning port.. No matter how good the internal is, dedicated is still better! Simple fact. Bluetooth headphones are only good for working out based on the bandwidth they can push. Which I have already so not a concern. Lightening is propriety and I have multiple devices I use. Not for being locked into one singular system. I like options. Everything is debatable no device infallible.

Didn't Apple include lightning to 3.5 jack?  So, you can still use your normal audiophile headphones...and i assume that you can connect DAC to it too.  Apple is not forcing you into Airpods.  Use the converter.

But as noted above in my post, DAC/amp of iPhone (at least in iP6) posted numbers rivaling the best dedicated DAC/amp.  Try your dedicated DAC...i want to hear comparison too!