iPhone 7/7 Plus User's Thread

MacinJosh

I understand. It's a free market. I am not really asking for anyone to sympathize with me. It is just interesting that Sprint has been so aggressive with their plans (e.g. Cut bill in half etc.)...and they have match competition offers every step (see Sprint offers immediately after Tmo announce something)...until now i guess. I guess because i have 4 lines with older iPhones, these other offers appeal to me more than some of you guys with newer models. That's the price i pay for being so darn cheap and keeping my phone so long and now have minimal value! :D

Sell your phone privately on Swappa and make way more. I just sold a 16GB 5C last night for $140.

Sell your phone privately on Swappa and make way more. I just sold a 16GB 5C last night for $140.

That's not bad, but it's pretty incredible that other carriers are giving $400 for a 5. And it is a little surprising that Sprint isn't matching that. My parents are on Verizon, and I made them jump on that deal because they'll be hard pressed to get anything close to that elsewhere. But it is what it is. For me at least, Sprint is still the best overall value when looking at total cost over a multi year timeframe.

That's not bad, but it's pretty incredible that other carriers are giving $400 for a 5. And it is a little surprising that Sprint isn't matching that. My parents are on Verizon, and I made them jump on that deal because they'll be hard pressed to get anything close to that elsewhere. But it is what it is. For me at least, Sprint is still the best overall value when looking at total cost over a multi year timeframe.

While $400 for a 5/5C/5S and $650 for a 6 or above is a great deal, the devil is still in the details. The credit is applied in monthly installments spread equally over 24 months. If the party decides to upgrade that line during the 24 month window, the monthly credit ends, relinquishing any credits that are still remaining. If they plan to keep the new phone for a minimum of 24 months and don't mind waiting for the credit, it's a great deal, but in reality it's simply a 24 month contract.
  • Like 1

While $400 for a 5/5C/5S and $650 for a 6 or above is a great deal, the devil is still in the details. The credit is applied in monthly installments spread equally over 24 months. If the party decides to upgrade that line during the 24 month window, the monthly credit ends, relinquishing any credits that are still remaining. If they plan to keep the new phone for a minimum of 24 months and don't mind waiting for the credit, it's a great deal, but in reality it's simply a 24 month contract.

If you think 24 months is bad, what do you think about ATT's 30 months of credit small print: https://www.att.com/shop/Upper_Funnel_Promo_Modals/Wireless_Promo_Modals/tradein-offer.html

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk

So ever since I downloaded iOS 10 my phone has dropped to 3G once. It used to drop to 3G all the time. Maybe sprint's lte network is ready for volte but our devices were fooling us this whole time lol.

But in all seriousness the difference is night and day.

• Like 1

So ever since I downloaded iOS 10 my phone has dropped to 3G once. It used to drop to 3G all the time. Maybe sprint's lte network is ready for volte but our devices were fooling us this whole time lol.

But in all seriousness the difference is night and day.

I've had the opposite experience - I lose LTE a lot more with iOS 10 and Sprint 25.1 but maybe that is because Seattle is in the IBEZ and we don't have any 800mhz...

• Like 1

My 7 showed up today. I had it running google maps for about a 2 hour drive and it seemed to stay connected to LTE much better throughout the trip than my 6 did previously. My 6 would often get stuck on 1x and 3G whenever it was actively trying to load data (constantly loading the map as I am driving). Not sure if this is due to the new phone, new carrier update with iOS 10 or both.

Are you using apple maps or google maps?  I know there was a change on the Google Maps/Android side in the past year where the app downloads the entire route when you start and only grabs changes to the route as needed and adjusts it then.

I have no experience with the Apple Maps...

Are you using apple maps or google maps?  I know there was a change on the Google Maps/Android side in the past year where the app downloads the entire route when you start and only grabs changes to the route as needed and adjusts it then.

I have no experience with the Apple Maps...

I was using google maps.  I was also using satellite view.  I believe the route is loaded immediately but using satellite view constantly loads the view for your current location.

• Like 2

Hey guys, I pre-ordered my phone last Tuesday and it still says processing. The suspense is agonizing and i've been seeing people who've pre-ordered they're phones receive em already. What do you guys think? How long will I be waiting? This is my first Pre-Order lol. 

• Like 2

Hey guys, I pre-ordered my phone last Tuesday and it still says processing. The suspense is agonizing and i've been seeing people who've pre-ordered they're phones receive em already. What do you guys think? How long will I be waiting? This is my first Pre-Order lol.

A long time, depending on model and color.....

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What model/color/size?

What does your order status say?

What model/color/size?

What does your order status say?

I got the iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB Black my order says processing but my ETA says Oct 6-12 & my shopping says 2-3 from when I ordered it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB Black my order says processing but my ETA says Oct 6-12 & my shopping says 2-3 from when I ordered it.

From what I'm hearing, supply is short and expect to wait!

From what I'm hearing, supply is shirt and expect to wait!

That really sucks I was hoping to get the phone at least by my birthday next month. I've been hearing November, but I heard that like a good 3-4 days after I ordered mine lol. I'm hoping for the best you never know with Apple.

• Like 1

That really sucks I was hoping to get the phone at least by my birthday next month. I've been hearing November, but I heard that like a good 3-4 days after I ordered mine lol. I'm hoping for the best you never know with Apple.

I pre-ordered 3 on the 1st day and 1 in the 2nd day.

My silver 128gb silver shipped and received it this past Friday on launch. Others expected next Friday!

I'm picking up at 128gb variant  today and once I do I'm going to cancel the 256 I pre-ordered. I figured maybe I don't need 256 just be really nice to have but anticipated having it already.

• Like 1

Don't forget the iPhone 7 contest! Help support S4GRU and get a chance to win a new iPhone. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7590-enter-to-win-a-new-unlocked-iphone-7-and-help-support-s4gru/

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 4