iPhone 7/7 Plus User's Thread

MacinJosh

On September 7, Apple released the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.

iPhone7Plus-JetBlk-34BR_iPhone7-JetBlk-3

With it's A10 Fusion Quad-core processor and 2GB or 3GB RAM (7 or 7 Plus respectively), it's an extremely powerful smartphone. Fortunately for Sprint users, the 7 & 7 Plus include all of Sprint's LTE bands including 3xCA downlink on Band 41. Also included is 2xCA uplink on Band 41, yet Sprint has not announced any plans to release uplink Carrier Aggregation on Band 41 yet. Hopefully soon.

LTE Bands included are: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41

• Like 3

I know it's early but has anyone experience uplink CA yet?

According to this

http://m.imore.com/wireless-iphone-7-everything-you-need-know

the iPhone 7 can only do uplink CA on bands 7 and 41.

The iPhone 7 supports 3x CA in the downlink — up to three distinct bands carrying data — and 2x CA in the uplink. Unfortunately, those uplink speeds can only be achieved using a combination of Band 7 and Band 41, which currently precludes all U.S. carriers, since none of them currently operate on Band 7.

I know it's early but has anyone experience uplink CA yet?

According to this

http://m.imore.com/wireless-iphone-7-everything-you-need-know

the iPhone 7 can only do uplink CA on bands 7 and 41.

Most likely Sprint has not enabled Uplink CA on Band 41 yet, but if they have, we will soon know if the uplink speeds on speed tests increase.

My sister's 7 got to the store today (still waiting on mine and my Dad's 7 Pluses :( ). All I can say is DAMN, is that speaker better or what?!? Compared to my 6 Plus, her phone's speaker blows mine out of the water!

-Anthony

• Like 1

My sister's 7 got to the store today (still waiting on mine and my Dad's 7 Pluses :( ). All I can say is DAMN, is that speaker better or what?!? Compared to my 6 Plus, her phone's speaker blows mine out of the water!

-Anthony

The speakers are definitely amazing, huge improvement!

My uplink on a CA enabled site was maxing out at 15mbps, FWIW.

• Like 1

My 7 showed up today. I had it running google maps for about a 2 hour drive and it seemed to stay connected to LTE much better throughout the trip than my 6 did previously. My 6 would often get stuck on 1x and 3G whenever it was actively trying to load data (constantly loading the map as I am driving). Not sure if this is due to the new phone, new carrier update with iOS 10 or both.

• Like 2

Just finished setting up my new iPhone 7 Black 128 GB. Going to take some time to get used to the new Home button. 

Since I'm on a lease, I liked that I could buy Apple Care through Sprint and save a trip to the retail Apple Store to buy it. That was a nice change from last time.

Is anyone annoyed that Sprint does not give more $$ to iPhone 5/5s/5c? Tmo and Verizon are giving $400 to these 3-4 year old iPhones if you buy the new iP7/7+ with 24 months installments. Sprint gives a measly $80 for them. ATT not so long ago had promo of $250. So, of 4 carriers, Sprint gives the least amount (by far) to older iPhones. I have been with Sprint for 16 years...thru bad times...and all they can come up with is $80. I am almost tempted to switch (contracts have ended for my family)...Sprint is just daring me to! :D

Edited by MadTiger

Is anyone annoyed that Sprint does not give more $$ to iPhone 5/5s/5c? Tmo and Verizon are giving $400 to these 3-4 year old iPhones if you buy the new iP7/7+ with 24 months installments. Sprint gives a measly $80 for them. ATT not so long ago had promo of $250. So, of 4 carriers, Sprint gives the least amount (by far) to older iPhones. I have been with Sprint for 16 years...thru bad times...and all they can come up with is $80. I am almost tempted to switch (contracts have ended for my family)...Sprint is just daring me to! :D

If it's that tempting for you to switch, then switch. Nobody here is going to stop you. Just because Verizon and AT&T are willing to give people a trade in credit that is worth several times more than what the device is actually worth, doesn't mean that Sprint has to. Sprint can't afford to take the loss in profit like Verizon and AT&T can. Apple only offers 90 bucks for a 64 GB Unlocked iPhone 5S, so Sprint is right in line with that trade-in offering.

-Anthony

If it's that tempting for you to switch, then switch. Nobody here is going to stop you. Just because Verizon and AT&T are willing to give people a trade in credit that is worth several times more than what the device is actually worth, doesn't mean that Sprint has to. Sprint can't afford to take the loss in profit like Verizon and AT&T can. Apple only offers 90 bucks for a 64 GB Unlocked iPhone 5S, so Sprint is right in line with that trade-in offering.

-Anthony

I understand. It's a free market. I am not really asking for anyone to sympathize with me. It is just interesting that Sprint has been so aggressive with their plans (e.g. Cut bill in half etc.)...and they have match competition offers every step (see Sprint offers immediately after Tmo announce something)...until now i guess. I guess because i have 4 lines with older iPhones, these other offers appeal to me more than some of you guys with newer models. That's the price i pay for being so darn cheap and keeping my phone so long and now have minimal value! :D