MacinJosh

iPhone 7/7 Plus Rumor Thread

AppleFanBoy    299

I was just thinking, isn't this the first new iPhone model to come out with the iPhone Forever program being out for a year+ or was that the 6s?

What I'm getting at is this the first model where a majority of the iPhone Forever subscribers will be executing their option to trade up for the first time?

And won't they see an increase in the lease fee given a promotion expiring once they trade their other iPhones in?

Just curious.

cyclone    69

Yeah I'm sure Sprint won't want to match the deal from last year. I will miss paying under $3 for the lease on my phone though. Oh well, if the new iPhones don't look all that great at the event tomorrow, I may just keep mine for another year. We shall see

Deval    2,868

I think for those like myself who are on annual upgrade leases will jump all over it, but others will sit tight.

It makes no sense to ignore the new device if you're already leasing though.

• Like 1

Arysyn    1,068

Remember everyone, Wednesday September 7th, 1pm est is the reveal event. I'm going to watch it, as I really like the iPhone and plan on getting the best iPhone 7 whatever it is to be named, for my mother, while I'm getting the LG V20 for me. 

IamMrFamous07    1,015

Hopefully the field test mode works on this iPhone ????????

• Like 1

MacinJosh    3,988

If it's still acting up in the beta's, then most likely it'll still give issues in iPhone 7/7 Plus

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

Deval    2,868

Unless someone made a mistake, big miss by Apple today.

2 SKUs, one CDMA and one GSM, for each of the iPhone 7/7 Plus models. No more universal phone.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

MacinJosh    3,988

I will update the first post later with Specs and Apple's direct pricing.

MacinJosh    3,988

2 SKUs, one CDMA and one GSM, for each of the iPhone 7/7 Plus models. No more universal phone.

Actually, there are 3 because Japan is getting their own iPhone 7 models.

clbowens    318

Interesting.  So the Sprint and VZW version won't have global GSM roaming.

IamMrFamous07    1,015

Will the FCC docs publish today? Hopefully it supports 3xCA

• Like 1

Counting the supported bands the CDMA versions kinda run the whole spectrum compared to the other SKUs

I'm most impressed by the SOC and would honesty be the reason i try apple product again, can't deny how well they design a CPU... I like a lot of the refinement still hate the removal of the headphone jack. Seems unnecessary. Those wireless airpods will be lost instantly! 

• Like 3

AppleFanBoy    299

Is it just me or is the pricing a little cheaper? I didn't get to watch the live stream or any of the live blogs.

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk

MacinJosh    3,988

Is it just me or is the pricing a little cheaper? I didn't get to watch the live stream or any of the live blogs.

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk

iPhone 7 starts at the same price, iPhone 7 Plus is $20 more than previous plus model.

Deval    2,868

It looks like the Sprint/Verizon model would have the necessary GSM roaming, but not vice-versa.

Tengen31    377

Is support for Sprints 3xCA on board?

• Like 1

AppleFanBoy    299

iPhone 7 starts at the same price, iPhone 7 Plus is $20 more than previous plus model.

Really...Best Buy must have an inflated price for the 16 GB 6s unactivated:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-iphone-6s-16gb-space-gray-sprint/4430800.p?id=bb4430800&skuId=4430800

MacinJosh    3,988

Really...Best Buy must have an inflated price for the 16 GB 6s unactivated:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-iphone-6s-16gb-space-gray-sprint/4430800.p?id=bb4430800&skuId=4430800

They do, by $50

• Like 1

MacinJosh    3,988

Is support for Sprints 3xCA on board?

Your question will be answered in short order.

• Like 1

Fraydog    4,083

I suspect the AT&T/T-Mobile models are Intel.

We will get to see the RF comparisons directly and see what the differences are. Should be intriguing. Qualcomm had talked a lot of smack and Intel has been relatively silent about this. We will see if QCOM is right or if they have been blowing smoke.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Tengen31    377

I had no clue there was already a iPhone 7 thread. Oops

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

jefbal99    1,384

I'm surprised this wasn't in the Tech Specs that were announced, I guess we wait for FCC docs

MacinJosh    3,988

I'm surprised this wasn't in the Tech Specs that were announced, I guess we wait for FCC docs

I don't remember Apple posting CA at the 6S announcement either.