iPhone 7/7 Plus Rumor Thread

MacinJosh

Bit late but 2 Black iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB ordered on 24 month installment. Ship by date of 9/30.

However I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy on how the trade in for the credit is going to work and there doesn't seem to be any FAQ related to the process.

I'm assuming I'll need to request a shipping package to mail the current phones to Sprint for the trade in credit but I'd rather take them to a corp store if possible.

If you did it via upgrade they will send the return kit with the order. If not you might have to call and request it.

So after a lot of mulling I decided to go ahead and order the 7 plus 256 GB variant. I'm doing the 17 month lease agreement, and I should get it within the time frame that the new Google phones are announced so I can return it if what Google announces moves me. If not I'll play with it and keep my Nexus 6p on the side for Android nougat. 

If you did it via upgrade they will send the return kit with the order. If not you might have to call and request it.

I own my phones and are trading them in for the monthly installment credit. It described the process in the order email. I just didn't scroll down far enough.

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk

What do you mean?

Sprint was being vague on how/if I would be able to upgrade my iPhone 6s Plus to the iPhone 7. I'm already in the iPhone Forever plan and was looking to upgrade.

I got clarification by speaking to another Rep just a few minutes ago. I am able to upgrade if I've made 12 payments on my current iPhone, I'll just have to pay-off the remaining lease balance.

I was confused, because I was told by several agents that I was eligible for upgrade with no penalty and DIDN'T have to pay anything to upgrade. I was even told this by the rep at the Sprint store when I originally signed up for iPhone Forever.

As with anything, the devil is in the details.

• Like 1

Sprint was being vague on how/if I would be able to upgrade my iPhone 6s Plus to the iPhone 7. I'm already in the iPhone Forever plan and was looking to upgrade.

I got clarification by speaking to another Rep just a few minutes ago. I am able to upgrade if I've made 12 payments on my current iPhone, I'll just have to pay-off the remaining lease balance.

I was confused, because I was told by several agents that I was eligible for upgrade with no penalty and DIDN'T have to pay anything to upgrade. I was even told this by the rep at the Sprint store when I originally signed up for iPhone Forever.

As with anything, the devil is in the details.

I think it depends on when you signed up for iPhone Forever. At release of the 6s, the terms were that you could upgrade whenever the next iPhone was released, regardless of the number of payments you made. I think some time in January they changed the terms to you having to make 12 payments before upgrading.
  • Like 2

I think it depends on when you signed up for iPhone Forever. At release of the 6s, the terms were that you could upgrade whenever the next iPhone was released, regardless of the number of payments you made. I think some time in January they changed the terms to you having to make 12 payments before upgrading.

I can confirm this. My Dad got his 6s Plus on iPhone Forever in December and the terms of his lease were he became upgrade eligible when the new iPhone came out. He became upgrade eligible on September 1st. Shortly after he got his 6s (on Christmas Eve) they updated the plan to 12 consecutive payments.

-Anthony

New guy here...very close to getting 7+. From reading this thread, it seems (to my untrained eyes) that 7 has Qualcomm X12 LTE modem, right? It can do 2 CA up and 4 CA down. IF so, does FCC say if it has 4x4MIMO antenna? (I am asking because my brother is interested for ATT and Tmo.)

Thanks in advance.

New guy here...very close to getting 7+. From reading this thread, it seems (to my untrained eyes) that 7 has Qualcomm X12 LTE modem, right? It can do 2 CA up and 4 CA down. IF so, does FCC say if it has 4x4MIMO antenna? (I am asking because my brother is interested for ATT and Tmo.)

Thanks in advance.

It most likely does not support 4x4 MIMO because the AT&T and T-Mobile model is separate from Sprint & VZ's. The GSM model is believed to use an Intel modem that does not have any support for 4x4 MIMO.

It most likely does not support 4x4 MIMO because the AT&T and T-Mobile model is separate from Sprint & VZ's. The GSM model is believed to use an Intel modem that does not have any support for 4x4 MIMO.

Yes, I know...but IF he bought Verizon/Sprint model then he can use on ATT/TMo. So, does Sprint iP7 support 4x4 MIMO?

Downlink 3x CA, not 4x CA.

And be careful about listing off handset RF capabilities based on modem RF capabilities.  If the handset supports it, then the modem must support it.  But if the modem supports it, that does not mean the handset must support it.  Many modem capabilities go unimplemented.

AJ

• Like 2

Downloading..... It's taking forever!

Took 13 minutes at work. Lets see how bad this slows down my 6. Only thing I care about is wificalling to cdma handoff. If it works well, ill stick to ios10. If not, ill go back to ios9 .

Is this the first device on Sprint that has/supports 2CA uplink?

Sent from my iPhone 6s+ using Tapatalk

Took 13 minutes at work. Lets see how bad this slows down my 6. Only thing I care about is wificalling to cdma handoff. If it works well, ill stick to ios10. If not, ill go back to ios9 .

Does iOS 10 really support WiFi calling to CDMA handoff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk