iPhone 7/7 Plus Rumor Thread

MacinJosh

I'm surprised this wasn't in the Tech Specs that were announced, I guess we wait for FCC docs

FCC OET authorization documents are not required to disclose downlink CA.  Accurate info on that capability is hit or miss.

AJ

FCC OET authorization documents are not required to disclose downlink CA.  Accurate info on that capability is hit or miss.

AJ

I'm surprised this wasn't in the Tech Specs that were announced, I guess we wait for FCC docs

I don't remember Apple posting CA at the 6S announcement either.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

Definitely do not need to declare DL CA... but UL CA on the other hand...

lT2cgLW.png

Bshdmlw.png

• Like 4

I'm looking at the docs and in lost. Can someone lay this all out to me in English

Sent from my iPhone 6s+ using Tapatalk

I suspect the AT&T/T-Mobile models are Intel.

We will get to see the RF comparisons directly and see what the differences are. Should be intriguing. Qualcomm had talked a lot of smack and Intel has been relatively silent about this. We will see if QCOM is right or if they have been blowing smoke.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'll have an AT&T 7 Plus and a Sprint 7 next Friday... Let me know what you'd like me to test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll have an AT&T 7 Plus and a Sprint 7 next Friday... Let me know what you'd like me to test.

Drop test.  Do iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 7 both fall at the same rate?  Do both bounce the same height?

AJ

• Like 3

If I decide to get this device, I'll be going back to black and getting the iPhone 7 plus 128, it will be like going back to the iPhone 3GS when I was on AT&T still my favorite iPhone to date!

• Like 1

I don't think the iPhone 7 supports 3x CA. I can be wrong but I don't see it in the FCC docs.

That would be odd. Apple has been pretty good at making sure their phones can take advantage of network improvements. In any case, that would be a deal breaker for me.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

That would be odd. Apple has been pretty good at making sure their phones can take advantage of network improvements. In any case, that would be a deal breaker for me.

I'll double check the docs tomorrow but Sprint would have announced it by now. I'm pretty sure they announced that the 6s was CA the same day the phone was announced in their press release

Regardless I'm on iPhone forever so if this model doesn't have it then the 7s should

Looks like in upgrading to the 7plus. I'm kinda torn of the jet black, dark black and gold. Also I wonder if Sprint is going to have any promos??? T-Mobile just threw out a get a free iPhone 7 with the trade in of a 6, 6P, 6s and 6sP. But that of course of tied to bill credits spreading out over 24 months. If you want a higher storage model you just pay I guess the diff on your bill.

Looks like in upgrading to the 7plus. I'm kinda torn of the jet black, dark black and gold. Also I wonder if Sprint is going to have any promos??? T-Mobile just threw out a get a free iPhone 7 with the trade in of a 6, 6P, 6s and 6sP. But that of course of tied to bill credits spreading out over 24 months. If you want a higher storage model you just pay I guess the diff on your bill.

I'm sure it there will be a promo. Sprint is the promo King lol

Well I will be upgrading from my 6+. Looking forward to the upgrade. The wireless earpods did peek my interest. Not sure I am willing to drop $159 on them though. Will have to wait and see what the reviews are. Second generation will probability be a better bet.

I know someone that got their iPhone 6S in December 2015, when Sprint was doing the iPhone for Life deal (where you can get the new iPhone as soon as it comes out).

So, they should be able to get this new iPhone with no problems, correct?  Also, would they pay the same monthly lease price?  And when they come out with the iPhone 8 next year, will they still be able to upgrade immediately when that comes out?

I know someone that got their iPhone 6S in December 2015, when Sprint was doing the iPhone for Life deal (where you can get the new iPhone as soon as it comes out).

So, they should be able to get this new iPhone with no problems, correct?  Also, would they pay the same monthly lease price?  And when they come out with the iPhone 8 next year, will they still be able to upgrade immediately when that comes out?

The iPhone for Life deal that was available in December said that when the new device came out, they would be upgrade eligible, so their account should say that on September 1st, they became upgrade eligible. Whereas once they upgrade to the iPhone 7, they will move to the new iPhone Forever deal, where they have to make 12 consecutive lease payments before they become upgrade eligible again.

-Anthony

• Like 1