Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Dying Embers Thread

SeanK_

I'd be nervous getting a replacement model from Samsung at this point. After losing a lot of money in this recall, I wouldn't count on the quality being the same with the rest of the device. In my opinion, Samsung should have recalled the Note 7 and offered either a refund or a replacement of another Galaxy device, while cancelling the Note 7 altogether.

I think they will be very careful on manufacturing quality. The bigger issue is damage to the brand and note product line. I still think it should be easily visible to anyone that it is a "fixed" product and a careful relaunch will be required.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

It is unfortunate. That said, shit happens. I think the worst part for Samsung will be the damage to their reputation that occurs long after the dust and fire has settled from this debacle.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SeanK_, on 10 Sept 2016 - 8:47 PM, said:

I say no. I still want the Note 7 regardless if it's being recalled. I enjoy using the phone. Stuff get recalled all the time, just like cars with the recent airbags. Should we cancel cars all together then too?

Bad logic. The equivalent to cancelling all cars would be cancelling all cellphones. This is one cellphone model, not all cellphones. Individual products do get recalled and sometimes cancelled. But that does not extrapolate to all products in the same category. Your emotion for this device is causing you to think poorly.

AJ

Bad logic. The equivalent to cancelling all cars would be cancelling all cellphones. This is one cellphone model, not all cellphones. Individual products do get recalled and sometimes cancelled. But that does not extrapolate to all products in the same category. Your emotion for this device is causing you to think poorly.

AJ

I know some items do get cancelled after being recalled if it's pretty bad, but my point was that just because this device has a huge problem with the battery doesn't mean it should be cancelled, unless the problem cannot be fixed and or other reasons.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Well when I get home Wednesday, I'm gonna cease using my Note 7 until the replacement Note 7 comes out. Until then, I'm going to go back to my old Samsung Galaxy S5 that's been collecting dust. Hopefully Sprint can reactivate that without issue.

I know some items do get cancelled after being recalled if it's pretty bad, but my point was that just because this device has a huge problem with the battery doesn't mean it should be cancelled, unless the problem cannot be fixed and or other reasons.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

And you do realize that an exploding battery can cause some serious bodily harm and even death right? I would personally want to see what QA improvements they have made before going forward.

And you do realize that an exploding battery can cause some serious bodily harm and even death right? I would personally want to see what QA improvements they have made before going forward.

Really? I wouldn't have know that till now. Thanks for the information.

Yes I'm being sarcastic.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yes I'm being sarcastic.

You edited an earlier response to me to remove some of the "emotion."  But you seem to have a giant phone boner for this handset.  If it were cancelled, you would be beside yourself, while other people would say, "Oh well," and move on to a different handset.

AJ

• Like 1

You edited an earlier response to me to remove some of the "emotion."  But you seem to have a giant phone boner for this handset.  If it were cancelled, you would be beside yourself, while other people would say, "Oh well," and move on to a different handset.

AJ

Yes I'm being sarcastic.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This just makes your decision even more suspect but alas, it is a free country.

I was returning from a business trip last night and American Airlines asked for owners of Note 7 to power down their phones, place them in their carry on bag and not to use them during flight.  I did not know that Samsung was having an issue with the phone until then.

Flew Southwest the other day didn't mention anything about the Note 7. Me and a family member were watching movies on ours.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Southwest is now making us make some sort announcement about turning the Note 7 off and not to be checked in a checked bag.

• Like 1

Flew Southwest the other day didn't mention anything about the Note 7. Me and a family member were watching movies on ours.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I dodged a bullet on that one myself. Flew them on Tuesday.

Southwest is now making us make some sort announcement about turning the Note 7 off and not to be checked in a checked bag.

That is nothing more than anti Samsung Galaxy Note 7 propaganda.  Shame on Southwest for hate speech against a handset just because that handset is different from others.

AJ

• Like 2

Mine was replaced yesterday morning at BestBuy. Made in China on 9-11-16. 

Love everything about the phone with the exception of the useless to me curved glass and the resulting fact that there is no worth glass screen protector for it.....or a film one for that matter that will actually stay on with a case. Using a Diztronics TPU case as I have on every other smartphone I've used. Arthritis in both thumbs and I have dropped all my phones numerous times and never once suffered anything more than a cracked screen protector with this case. Of course now there is no screen protector.....

Nothing seems to have changed. Phone runs really smoothly with the only exception being when I first open the Applications section in settings and there it stutters scrolling through the list for the first 10 seconds and then it's fine.

Love everything about the phone with the exception of the useless to me curved glass and the resulting fact that there is no worth glass screen protector for it.....or a film one for that matter that will actually stay on with a case. Using a Diztronics TPU case as I have on every other smartphone I've used. Arthritis in both thumbs and I have dropped all my phones numerous times and never once suffered anything more than a cracked screen protector with this case. Of course now there is no screen protector.....

Nothing seems to have changed. Phone runs really smoothly with the only exception being when I first open the Applications section in settings and there it stutters scrolling through the list for the first 10 seconds and then it's fine.

Does BB have it in stock for sale besides replacement stock?

Just did mine this morning and was a pretty easy transfer other then having to reinstall everything again.

I'm using the Official Samsung screen protector. It fits really nice and is made for the curves. It also fits well with my Spigen Case.

Did they tell you anything about the $25 credit?

Just did mine this morning and was a pretty easy transfer other then having to reinstall everything again.

I'm using the Official Samsung screen protector. It fits really nice and is made for the curves. It also fits well with my Spigen Case.

Did they tell you anything about the $25 credit?

How is the phone so far?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I replaced mine yesterday at Best Buy and I forgot to ask about it. I assume I would get a credit on my Sprint bill but I'm not sure.

Ah! I asked, but the guy told me it was if you switched to the S7 or S7 Edge and returned to a Note 7, but that's wrong after he check himself again on the bestbuy note7 information page. I just hope it won't be a hassle down the line if I don't end up getting it because he screwed something up or forgot to do something.

How is the phone so far?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

So far its a phone, a none explosive phone, but its a good phone for me. I do wish there was less bloatware though, but it can all be uninstalled and or disabled. I do wish Samsung would have released the phone with 7.0 and added more RAM for kicks (but its not laggy for me with what it has now)

I do enjoy unlocking my phone with my eye's and making notes with the s-pen for thing I might need to remember down the line. Nice having the water resistant for when its raining or when its snowing.

Ah! I asked, but the guy told me it was if you switched to the S7 or S7 Edge and returned to a Note 7, but that's wrong after he check himself again on the bestbuy note7 information page. I just hope it won't be a hassle down the line if I don't end up getting it because he screwed something up or forgot to do something.

Did you upload your recept to Samsung Promos? I swapped out my N7 and it looks like they approved me for the VR. Not a bad deal, I got a Gear Fit 2 and now VR.