Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Dying Embers Thread

SeanK_

You definitely don't want the Florida heat to contribute to a potential Note 7 meltdown, Terrell. At least now you have better band 41 signal. One question though, if the LG V20 were to be available on Sprint, would you consider getting it?

Nope. LG resell value is too bad, I have grown too fond of amoled screens and samsung pay to go back to andorid pay and lcds. Also Lg interface still really ugly. I would rather wait for a pixel phone. But at least they have removable batteries. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Nope. LG resell value is too bad, I have grown too fond of amoled screens and samsung pay to go back to andorid pay and lcds. Also Lg interface still really ugly. I would rather wait for a pixel phone. But at least they have removable batteries. [emoji6]

Next galaxy note 8 with be fire proof so dont worry.

Maybe the Note 8 will have a battery overheat warning bar in the notification panel on both the phone and in the Gear VR application, so that users have a chance to save themselves while navigating real life and in 3d.

Also, as part of the pre-order promotional period, it'll come with a portable fire extinguisher that attaches via USB-C, along with a built-in extra battery to power an automatic sensor for automatic spray release when it senses a potential blowup of the Note 8. Better hope the fire extinguisher battery isn't defective though. :P  

• Like 1

Maybe the Note 8 will have a battery overheat warning bar in the notification panel on both the phone and in the Gear VR application, so that users have a chance to save themselves while navigating real life and in 3d.

Also, as part of the pre-order promotional period, it'll come with a portable fire extinguisher that attaches via USB-C, along with a built-in extra battery to power an automatic sensor for automatic spray release when it senses a potential blowup of the Note 8. Better hope the fire extinguisher battery isn't defective though. [emoji14]

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

If you bought yours from BestBuy they will have a website tomorrow which you'll enter your phone info and personal details they will then alert you when your phone is ready.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

Well, so far I'm gonna hold onto my Note 7 until the replacement one comes out in a few weeks. I thought I've heard part of the trigger of these battery explosions in the Note 7 was due to people not using chargers okayed by Samsung, is there any truth to that? Either way, thus far with the Note 7 prior to the recall, I've made it a point to charge the phone with it fully turned off whenever I can (I think at least in my mind it is better for the battery to charge that way). I know I'm playing the odds that nothing will happen to my current Note 7, but I'll take my chances until the replacement Note 7 is available.

• Like 1

Who would use a charger that didn't come with the phone? Yeah I get it you can buy cables for cheap but why?

I don't. But you'd be surprised how many people do though.

I can tell you I miss that great battery life already. The note 5 dies so much faster.

Was the Note5 battery life always like that for you or did it degrade gradually?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Was the Note5 battery life always like that for you or did it degrade gradually?

It was never fantastic but i used to get 4.5-5.0 on screen time. Now im lucky to get 4. The note 7 I was getting a average of 5.5 hour on screen time and even 7 hours on two occasions.

It was never fantastic but i used to get 4.5-5.0 on screen time. Now im lucky to get 4. The note 7 I was getting a average of 5.5 hour on screen time and even 7 hours on two occasions.

I'm in the same boat. Note5 Verizon and Sprint models are very similar (probably the same hardware wise with different firmware.) I have to manage apps very closely to get up to 5 hours.

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat. Note5 Verizon and Sprint models are very similar (probably the same hardware wise with different firmware.) I have to manage apps very closely to get up to 5 hours.

Also the note 7's standby time was miles ahead of the note 5. But as far as performance went even though benchmarks says its significantly more improved I seen no real world difference. I guess the spec wars are coming to a end. Overall besides band 41 not being as good it was better than the note 5 especially in the ergonomics department. I might get it back but ill wait and see what other phones are dropping this year.

A new update is out today (just installed) which installs WIFI calling and also "optimizes battery". If they make the battery life any better than it already is I will be ecstatic  :) Blows my Note 5 away.

I loved the Note 5 but I am around water constantly to the water resistance is critical for me...and as I use the camera constantly and this one is definitely better than the Note 5 I will stay with the 7. I just wish it didn't have the stupid gimmick curved screen edge which precludes getting a proper tempered glass screen protector on it.

A new update is out today (just installed) which installs WIFI calling and also "optimizes battery". If they make the battery life any better than it already is I will be ecstatic   :) Blows my Note 5 away.

I loved the Note 5 but I am around water constantly to the water resistance is critical for me...and as I use the camera constantly and this one is definitely better than the Note 5 I will stay with the 7. I just wish it didn't have the stupid gimmick curved screen edge which precludes getting a proper tempered glass screen protector on it.

Camera is better on the Note 5 overall.

Received and installed update. You must use WiFi to download it although that is not stated. No evidence of 3xCA in engineering or data | LTE screens. No change with profile or PRL update. Issue with misidentifying plmn of Clearwire sites as 311940 to software remains. Engineering screen says 311490 as it should. Wifi Calling works, but I was unable to get texting to work after airplaning phone then turning on WiFi. No luck with Textra SMS either altough others may have had some success but where likely getting some 3g. Hangouts does work as alternative. Do not disturb has been removed from the pull down screen to make room for WiFi Calling.

Edited by dkyeager

I wonder what would happen if someone who owns a Note 7 decided not to return their Note 7, and it explodes while charging, just as the recall is set to prevent from happening by having these potentially dangerous devices returned to Samsung. The Note 7 explodes while charging in a shared dwelling building, like an apartment or condominium, or even perhaps a hotel. The fire spreads, damaging the property, injuring/killing other people.

Hopefully this won't happen, but if it does, who is responsible? Samsung has issued a recall, so they've taken necessary measures, yet its still their product. The owner isn't at fault for making the device and causing the device to explode, yet they knew about the recall but didn't return the device. If the person is leasing it from the carrier instead of owning it outright, could the carrier be responsible for the official ownership. I'm thinking in terms of potential lawsuits.