Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Dying Embers Thread

SeanK_

This just in: "Every person with a Note 7 is upgrade eligible!": https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/57ctu1/every_person_with_a_note_7_is_upgrade_eligible/

Sprint has flipped the "Eligible for Upgrade" switch for all customers with Note7 Devices on their account.  Both mine and my wife's show as upgrade eligible.  Now we have to figure out what we are going to do.  We really love our Note 7's and only ever slow charge them.  I guess we will return and go back to our MXPE's.

Mine isn't, but maybe that's because I switched the Note7 my old Nexus 6P.

Or it doesn't work when your on a 2 year contract.

Edited by SeanK_

That's some serious info there, but you still have the many defiant individuals that just don't care. Maybe it hasn't happened to them. Just yet.......

That's some serious info there, but you still have the many defiant individuals that just don't care. Maybe it hasn't happened to them. Just yet.......

They better listen, because airlines have been given the ok to deny boarding to anyone who has one and or till they give up the phone to someone who is not flying. Airlines will not ship or return the phone if given. Will be treated as Hazmat.

• Like 1

They better listen, because airlines have been given the ok to deny boarding to anyone who has one and or till they give up the phone to someone who is not flying. Airlines will not ship or return the phone if given. Will be treated as Hazmat.

I bet TSA is going through luggage, searching for Note 7s after it's been checked in.

• Like 1

Flew back Saturday afternoon from Las Vegas tsa was not confiscating them at the airport. I returned my Note 7 on Saturday because of what they were saying on the news, almost missed my flight in the process. I get to the airport the tsa doesn't even know, or mention anything about the Note 7. Right before the flight the gate agents made an announcement stating that if you have a Note 7 that you need to check it into you luggage. The two and a half hours I spent returning the phone was a total waste of time.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Flew back Saturday afternoon from Las Vegas tsa was not confiscating them at the airport. I returned my Note 7 on Saturday because of what they were saying on the news, almost missed my flight in the process. I get to the airport the tsa doesn't even know, or mention anything about the Note 7. Right before the flight the gate agents made an announcement stating that if you have a Note 7 that you need to check it into you luggage. The two and a half hours I spent returning the phone was a total waste of time.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Caught a flight on the 26th of October out of atlanta and delta stated that note 7's are banned period, doesn't matter if its on the person or in a checked bagged.  Besides, I don't even know why anyone would tell you that it needs to be in a checked bag because thats much worse than if you had on you in the event something unfortunate would occur.

Local Sprint Store:

b5237f7a71291a32b6d69392284b7891.jpg

At least the tethered note 7 was removed.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone that had a Note 7 and switched to an S7/S7 edge...

Please check your upgrade eligibility on Sprint.com.  I'm interested in knowing what your status says.  My Note 7 > S7 edge line says "Available for upgrade when you turn in your device," which is what it said last week when I still had the Note 7 activated on my line.

I turned in my Note 7 Saturday and already received the IB credits and $100 Samsung credit to my account on Monday.  I hope this status remains so we will be able to trade in and upgrade to an S8 or Note 8 when they arrive without having to pay 12 payments or more.  Of course it could just be that Sprint hasn't updated something in their systems.

• 4 weeks later...

Update being released in January will disable the device, announcement went out today on newsroom.sprint.com

http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/devices-apps-and-services/sprint-samsung-galaxy-note7-exchange-update--dec-9-2016.htm

This should have been done long time ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOIHFxFj7vS/

So that's how it looks when they blow

Sent from my LG V20

That's some low quality fake video. They could have at least tried a little harder with color video and none of those vhs tracking lines on the screen. A time stamp would be nice too, it being a security video and all.

That's some low quality fake video. They could have at least tried a little harder with color video and none of those vhs tracking lines on the screen. A time stamp would be nice too, it being a security video and all.

I think that is totally fake, just looked him up on Twitter and he posted something 4 minutes ago lol.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk