Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Dying Embers Thread

SeanK_

Yes indeed! Even though I don't have the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 nor am I currently planning on getting it since I'm waiting for the release of the LG V20, I still have interest in the device just in case the LG V20 doesn't work out for me.

Hopefully those issues some people are experiencing while using the Note 7, improve. Having issues using wireless devices never is good. I certainly have had a large amount of issues using them which certainly I know how frustrating it is.

I don't have the Note 7 either. Something about that curve that's keeping me away, meaning getting accustomed to it, especially being so use to flat screens for many years. As for early issues users are having, I wonder if that's always the case when phones first come out, compared to users that get it a couple months later, and rarely have issues.

• Like 1

Can anyone of you share pics of your Note 7 in a case, with screen protector? I seen someone a couple of days ago at the grocery store with the S7 Edge in a UAG case, and noticed the phone was pretty well protected at top and bottom, but the edges on both sides of the phone was sticking out, not fully protected.

Can anyone of you share pics of your Note 7 in a case, with screen protector? I seen someone a couple of days ago at the grocery store with the S7 Edge in a UAG case, and noticed the phone was pretty well protected at top and bottom, but the edges on both sides of the phone was sticking out, not fully protected.

I hate screen protectors. It messes with screen responsiveness.

I don't have the Note 7 either. Something about that curve that's keeping me away, meaning getting accustomed to it, especially being so use to flat screens for many years. As for early issues users are having, I wonder if that's always the case when phones first come out, compared to users that get it a couple months later, and rarely have issues.

I tried using a Blackberry Priv with a stylus once, and it was quite odd navigating around the curves with the stylus. I imagine it takes a bit of a learning curve to get adjusted to the curves on the Note 7, which at least are more minimal than on the Edge devices and probably even the Priv, which has pretty steep curves at the sides of the screen.

• Like 1

I tried using a Blackberry Priv with a stylus once, and it was quite odd navigating around the curves with the stylus. I imagine it takes a bit of a learning curve to get adjusted to the curves on the Note 7, which at least are more minimal than on the Edge devices and probably even the Priv, which has pretty steep curves at the sides of the screen.

When I first read about it having the curve, I was hoping Samsung would have another without the curve, for customers that don't prefer the curve.

• Like 1

When I first read about it having the curve, I was hoping Samsung would have another without the curve, for customers that don't prefer the curve.

I was supportive of the inclusive curve on this, at first. Then when I got to using the Blackberry Priv, that changed my mind into realizing there ought to be two versions, one flat, and another curved for people who want it that way. The curve on the Priv made using a stylus more difficult for me, and I wonder how many Note 7 owners feel this way about it too.

However, I think I'd prefer a curve similar to how LG incorporated it on the LG GFlex line. I've been reading rumors online there may be a GFlex 3 announced at IFA this year, which is tempting for me, though I won't purchase it unless it has a HiFi audio system as the V20 has in it.

The speaker volume on mine is very low compared to my S6 edge. Is there a hidden menu to adjust this? Years ago you could access menus that let you adjust things that were not meant to be accessed by the end user

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

The speaker volume on mine is very low compared to my S6 edge. Is there a hidden menu to adjust this? Years ago you could access menus that let you adjust things that were not meant to be accessed by the end user

So the low volume, is due to the water proofing. Which the s6 line of galaxy devices didn't have. So they will always be louder due to that fact.

• Like 1

This is with a Luther Box Symmetry case and Zagg HD dry. Zagg installed the screen protector for me. I haven't dropped the phone yet but it seems like it would protect.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/57c311739d5ca/20160828_122438.jpg?

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/57c311a1d2d2f/20160828_122351.jpg?

So the low volume, is due to the water proofing. Which the s6 line of galaxy devices didn't have. So they will always be louder due to that fact.

Yeah side by side my note 5 is louder.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

This is with a Luther Box Symmetry case and Zagg HD dry. Zagg installed the screen protector for me. I haven't dropped the phone yet but it seems like it would protect. http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/57c311739d5ca/20160828_122438.jpg?http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/57c311a1d2d2f/20160828_122351.jpg?

That's how I seen the 7 Edge in the UAG case a customer had in the grocery store. Seems like the edge is vulnerable if dropped.

That's how I seen the 7 Edge in the UAG case a customer had in the grocery store. Seems like the edge is vulnerable if dropped.

It's vulnerable in all of the cases I've looked into, including the Otterbox Defender, based on the pictures on the website.  Personally, I want a case that will protect this phone all of the way around.  I don't particularly care about being able to see the edge of the screen light up, though case manufacturers could figure out a way to use translucent TPU or holes/perforations on the sides to let the light/patterns come through.  I'd be willing to pay a premium for a case that will better protect my phone.

• Like 1

This guy did a quick review of 20+ Note 7 cases. There are 3 videos so far, below is a link to the first video. I went with the Myrium carbon fiber one. I wanted a ultra thin case to just protect the back from scratching without feeling I had a case on.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Any word on any updates for wifi calling? Is Sprint the only carrier that didn't have it already setup at release?

Theres a debug update/sample/testing version that came out recently PH3 firmware.

There is root for this software and doesnt trip knox

Also there's a setting for wifi calling in settings but it cant be used

But it is definitely going to be baked in soon from of the looks of it

Fierce Wireless shows that Sprint is trying to update it's status with this tidbit of information on CA for the Note 7.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/sprint-samsung-showcase-3ca-soldier-field-demo

There are times when I see a HD light  on at the top of my Note 7. I am guessing that this is for HD voice. I wonder how this new HD video pla differs from the ol regular unlimited plan that I have....anyone?

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/sprint-doubles-down-unlimited-a-high-end-plan-hd-video

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE

Fierce Wireless shows that Sprint is trying to update it's status with this tidbit of information on CA for the Note 7.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/sprint-samsung-showcase-3ca-soldier-field-demo

There are times when I see a HD light  on at the top of my Note 7. I am guessing that this is for HD voice. I wonder how this new HD video pla differs from the ol regular unlimited plan that I have....anyone?

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/sprint-doubles-down-unlimited-a-high-end-plan-hd-video

I live in Chicago, anyone know how to enable/check for 3x CA on the device? I still only see 2 carrier under ##debug# LTE engineering

-- edit -

N/M press release say we need an update

Any word on any updates for wifi calling? Is Sprint the only carrier that didn't have it already setup at release?

In a pinch google voice integration + hang out dialer work as VoIP on Wifi or Mobile Data :)

Once again Sprint fails to deliver cellular gear s watch. I am so disappointed in Sprint right now. I guess I will get the tmobile version. It has volte this time around.

• Like 2