Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Dying Embers Thread

SeanK_

I don't doubt the iphone is faster, but the Note 7 is pushing nearly 4x the pixels... I would say try that again with the game launcher restricting to HD or FHD, and using dev option to reduce the transition animation to 0.5x and compare again to see if the note 7 was able to close the gap a good bit or not

• Like 2

I don't doubt the iphone is faster, but the Note 7 is pushing nearly 4x the pixels... I would say try that again with the game launcher restricting to HD or FHD, and using dev option to reduce the transition animation to 0.5x and compare again to see if the note 7 was able to close the gap a good bit or not

I doubt it. The note 7 has more features but the same chip as any other smartphone. It should have had more than a snapdragon 820

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

This will affect my decision if I will upgrade to Note 7 or wait to see how well the Nexus performs. I'm upgrading from Note 5.

Its also not much faster in real world performance than the note 5. But it is faster and thank goodness ram managment is even a little better than the note 5.

• Like 1

This will affect my decision if I will upgrade to Note 7 or wait to see how well the Nexus performs. I'm upgrading from Note 5.

Also, there is the possibility of LG bringing the V20 to Sprint this year. Not sure if you're interested in that or just the Note 7 and the Nexus, but the V20 looks so far to be an amazing device from the reports online about it.

Also, there is the possibility of LG bringing the V20 to Sprint this year. Not sure if you're interested in that or just the Note 7 and the Nexus, but the V20 looks so far to be an amazing device from the reports online about it.

I haven't had much luck with LG phones signal wise. Hope this one is an exception, cause so far I'm a bit disappointed with this $850.00 Note 7.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I may look at that one as well once it's released. However haven't heard a lot of positive things said about LG phones.

• Like 1

I haven't had much luck with LG phones signal wise. Hope this one is an exception, cause so far I'm a bit disappointed with this $850.00 Note 7.

I'm glad I didn't get the Note 7 after what I've read here about the Note 7's signal, along with the lag and display issues I've read elsewhere. Apparently, some displays are more cool while others are more warm on varying Note 7 devices. I prefer a cool tint, so if I got one of those, I'd probably be happy with it, but not if I got a warm one.

The LG V20 hopefully will have better signal, but at least for now what I know it'll have an excellent audio system, which is very important to me. That and the display, which I've come around to the idea of possibly not having OLED, but LCD on it. Despite not having as saturated of colors as I like, at least it'll be on the neutral/cool-side, and not warm. I really do not like the yellow-green warm tinting of many AMOLEDs, and adjust them when the feature is available.

I may look at that one as well once it's released. However haven't heard a lot of positive things said about LG phones.

The LG V10 turned out to be a really great smartphone, though LG messed up quite badly with the LG G5 this year. From the looks of it so far from images posted online, the V20 looks to be much more similar to the V10 than the G5. I sure hope so, as the LG V20 has some great technical specifications, particularly audio considering the Quad Dac. 

I'm glad I didn't get the Note 7 after what I've read here about the Note 7's signal, along with the lag and display issues I've read elsewhere. Apparently, some displays are more cool while others are more warm on varying Note 7 devices. I prefer a cool tint, so if I got one of those, I'd probably be happy with it, but not if I got a warm one.

The LG V20 hopefully will have better signal, but at least for now what I know it'll have an excellent audio system, which is very important to me. That and the display, which I've come around to the idea of possibly not having OLED, but LCD on it. Despite not having as saturated of colors as I like, at least it'll be on the neutral/cool-side, and not warm. I really do not like the yellow-green warm tinting of many AMOLEDs, and adjust them when the feature is available.

My display is cool and gorgeous.

• Like 1

I doubt it. The note 7 has more features but the same chip as any other smartphone. It should have had more than a snapdragon 820

Not much other choice for Andriod, the top chips are either snapdragon or Exynos, and the Exynos GPU is pretty slow in comparison. sad to say, Apple single core still the best out there 

• Like 1

Not much other choice for Andriod, the top chips are either snapdragon or Exynos, and the Exynos GPU is pretty slow in comparison. sad to say, Apple single core still the best out there

True. I mean I did get a geekbench of 2350 single core and 5360 muti core though. But Apple is the king of optimization.

• Like 1

My display is cool and gorgeous.

Sounds you got the better display then, as it sounds you like the cool displays too as I do. I'm definitely not a fan of the warmer color displays. Its one reason why I've been heavily considering getting a Sony Z5 Premium for some time, but haven't because there's no band 30 support for AT&T. Plus now with the V20 approaching, better just to wait, but bad I don't have a phone in the meantime.

So far, which phone between the 5 and 7, is the better overall signal perfomer?

half a day with the note 7 so far, sitting in the same spot i've been in all week for this particular location it seem the note 7 was slightly better.. sitting at -99/98 dBm where the note 5 was in the -100ish range.  I don't have 2 lines avaliable for me to do side by side unfortunately

• Like 1

There's a blue light filter option(help people fall asleep easier at night with a warmer screen), did some of those user turned it on by accident?

I may be the only person who doesn't like the blue light filter.

half a day with the note 7 so far, sitting in the same spot i've been in all week for this particular location it seem the note 7 was slightly better.. sitting at -99/98 dBm where the note 5 was in the -100ish range.  I don't have 2 lines avaliable for me to do side by side unfortunately

Any, and all feedback is great!

• Like 1

Any, and all feedback is great!

Yes indeed! Even though I don't have the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 nor am I currently planning on getting it since I'm waiting for the release of the LG V20, I still have interest in the device just in case the LG V20 doesn't work out for me.

Hopefully those issues some people are experiencing while using the Note 7, improve. Having issues using wireless devices never is good. I certainly have had a large amount of issues using them which certainly I know how frustrating it is.

I must be the only one who doesn't have issues?

Even with what I've seen here and other places online about the Note 7 issues, they are fewer and less serious sounding than some other devices I've read about. The rf issues might be able to be fixed in a software update, and perhaps the video calibration issue might be also. Besides that, there is the lag, which many people are blaming on Touchwiz, or saying the Qualcomm SD820 still isn't the fastest, which is true. When I had the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active, it still wouldn't play certain emulator games fast enough on optimal settings. If only Apple iPhone had these emulators available on the appstore for ios the way Google has them , I'd be gone from Android for good. I like ios sooo much more than Android, its a shame it ios doesn't support emulators.

Anyways, even though the Axon 7 is popular for its price and premium features, I've heard the device has many many hardware and software issues. I won a free Axon 7 from ZTE a few months ago which they never sent to me, and while I'm upset by the apparent scam by the company, I don't mind not having the device issues. I've also heard of problems with the OnePlus 3, though at this point I'd much rather have that than the Axon 7. Same with the Note 7 which I'd rather have than either the Axon 7 and the One Plus 3.

So far, which phone between the 5 and 7, is the better overall signal perfomer?

Band 25 and 26 is note 7. Band 41 goes to the note 5. However the note 7 produces better speeds on band 41 in most tests.

I tested my the galaxy s7 vs note 7 vs note 5 most of today. Band 41 performance is identical for the s7 and note 7. They pickup band 41 and drop it at similar times so if you have a s7 then the note 7 is a fine phone. The note 5. B25 Note 7>S7>Note 5, B26 Note 7> Note 5> S7, Band 41 Note 5> Note 7=S7. Call quality Note 7>S7>Note 5, 3G Note 7=S7 > Note 5. 1x800 Note 5= Note 7> S7.

I will say battery life and standby time far exceeds the note 5. It is kind of unfair though since my note 5 is 11 months old and battery life has definitely degraded. The note 5 charges about 13 mins faster too but with the larger battery thats to be expected. I can get over how amazing the screen is on the note 7. The screen brightness put the s7 and note 5 to shame. Even my friend's iphone 6S Plus was dim in comparison. At night full brightness will hurt your eyes so I can see the blue light filter being useful. I though the note 5 had the most beautiful screen and now I see how wrong I was.