Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Rumors Thread

lilotimz

Yep. One model for all carriers.

How do you know this? Has there been an announcement about the U version?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Pre-Order is available on Sprint site.

https://www.sprint.com/landings/new-samsung-galaxy-note7-offers/index.html

Looks like you can pick either a gear fit 2 or a 256gb memory card

Also, like later on in yr between October, going into the New Year, Samsung offers a little more when it comes to promotions.

• Like 1

In all the promotions I've seen of the Note 7 being mentioned, I'm curious why Samsung isn't advertising/promoting its high-end audio.

Because nobody really cares. Remember how well LG was advertising the Bang & Olufsen modular component, and any HTC device including HTC's Rezound on VZ? It's not something customers really want cause 3.5mm jack with any decent DAC cuts it.

• Like 2

In all the promotions I've seen of the Note 7 being mentioned, I'm curious why Samsung isn't advertising/promoting its high-end audio.

Honestly I'd rather it not have high end audio. It's more battery drain and added cost to the device.

• Like 1

No, nothing has been proven.  And I am surprised at Tin and Milan getting giddy and jumping all over this as confirmation of 4x4 downlink MIMO capability.  They should know better.  Inclusion of a firmware menu hardly is proof positive.  And the FCC OET authorization documentation makes no mention of higher order downlink MIMO, nor provides an antenna diagram.  So, we will have to take a wait and see attitude.

For further reading, this already is being discussed in two other threads today.

AJ

Because nobody really cares. Remember how well LG was advertising the Bang & Olufsen modular component, and any HTC device including HTC's Rezound on VZ? It's not something customers really want cause 3.5mm jack with any decent DAC cuts it.

Problem is LG screwed upon that module to the U.S.market, so we'll never really know how well it did or dd not do since it isn't available here in the U.S. The LG V10's use of the ESS Sabre chip seemed to be quite popular though. I'm thinking that if LG decides to make a big deal about the V20 having high-end audio to it, if in fact it does, then perhaps Samsung would mention it. Still, a brief mention of it in the descriptions would be nice.

Honestly I'd rather it not have high end audio. It's more battery drain and added cost to the device.

Good point.There ought to be a way of manually selecting its use or the use of the Snapdragon audio.

Everyone is talking about this high quality audio, have you heard music from the Note 5? Sounds great. I've seen a few tests and it's among the best. We could always do better but as long as it's as good as the Note 5 I will be happy. Mind you I am a bit of an audiophile, I have no complaints. :)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Edited by BlueAngel
  • Like 1

Everyone is talking about this high quality audio, have you heard music from the Note 5? Sounds great. I've seen a few tests and it's among the best. We could always do better but as long as it's as good as the Note 5 I will be happy. Mind you I am a bit of an audiophile, I have no complaints. :)

Hi BlueAngel,

There is a very good reason why the audio quality on the Note 5 is very good. The Exynos processor uses a Wolfson amp/dac system, which from what I heard recently Wolfson being purchased by CirrusLogic, though I haven't investigated enough to find that out for sure.

Wolfson is/was a well-known name in high quality audio chips, and I believe the one in the Note 5 is 24-bit/192khz, which is excellent and works with most all music today. The only downside/drawback, is that it is not 32-bit/384khz like what the LG V10 is capable of, and the LG G5 with the B&O Play HiFi module is capable of. Those have an ESS Sabre audio chip system capable of reaching that level, but in all fairness, there is very little I know of in terms of music available for those levels. Besides, most people won't notice much of a difference, if at all, between that and the 24-bit/192khz level Wolfson is capable of.

From what I've read, the Qualcomm Aqstic on the Note 7 ought to be capable of 24-bit/192khz, just like the Wolfson on the Note 5, and of course the same level of quality audio the HTC 10 has, as the HTC 10 has the Qualcomm Aqstic audio.

Also, does anyone else have difficulty pronouncing that name? Aqstic... sounds like a car part to me.  :D

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-v20-worlds-first-quad-dac-709306/

This doesn't give much detail on the technical aspects but they are calling it a quad dac. I doubt the Note 7 will have this full set up. I will love it if it does, but I can't imagine they would leave that out of the release or that no one has found it. Just like the 4x4 mimo discovery. Even though Samsung does have an entire line of wireless headphones.

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-v20-worlds-first-quad-dac-709306/

This doesn't give much detail on the technical aspects but they are calling it a quad dac. I doubt the Note 7 will have this full set up. I will love it if it does, but I can't imagine they would leave that out of the release or that no one has found it. Just like the 4x4 mimo discovery. Even though Samsung does have an entire line of wireless headphones.

You think samsungwould brag ifit had 4x4 mimo in phone capable. I bet s8 will have it with x16 modem

I'm impressed with both the Qualcomm Aqstic audio and the Quad Dac audio being mentioned lately, as it means smartphone audio is going to improve. However, it seems Samsung and G are taking different approaches as to marketing the audio. Samsung hasn't mentioned it at all, while LG is talking about it. Taking note of Samsung here, the fact they are not talking about the audio capability makes me think its at least possible the Note 7 may have 4x4 mimo, which I've seen mentioned so many times here on S4GRU, but never bothered to do any research of, because I sort of figured it had to do with a specific Sprint network technology, not something in general wireless. Now that I went ahead and looked into it after hearing about this possible implementation into the Note 7, makes me question my entire speed cap idea for carriers.

Anyways, the technology sounds great and I'd love for it to actually be a part of the Note 7. Again, I'm not discounting the possibility that its there just because Samsung didn't mention it, because after all I still think they should have mentioned the audio capabilities of the Note 7 using Qualcomm Aqstic. LG is going to make a huge deal about the Quad Dac, and they'll get a lot of audio enthusiast customers buying the V20 because of it. I'd get the V20 because of it too, if the device also had an OLED screen, which I know it likely will not. The display has become a very important issue to me getting so adjusted to seeing the AMOLED in the S7 Active I had, that it would be difficult getting adjusted to using an LCD in a smartphone again. Its one of those things where if you're not use to, it may not matter so much, but after awhile of using something, you'd have difficulty using an older form. 

To get the Note 7 or pass?

Depends on what your favorite features are in a smartphone. The main issues it seems are display, audio, camera, battery, and performance, though at least this year most of the premium devices available run at the same level. Even though Sprint didn't sell the LG V10 last year, theres a chance they might sell the LG V20 this year. That'll compete against the Note 7 and the upcoming HTC Nexus devices. The LG probably will be closer competition to the Nexus than the Note will, as LG is going to have Android 7.0, whereas it may be some time until the Note 7 gets it. The LG V20 will have better audio than the Note 7, although the Note 7's audio will be great, probably plenty good enough using the Qualcomm Aqstic. LG V20 will be using a quad DAC ESS Sabre audio system, which has an edge over the Aqstic,but only will really matter for major audio enthusiasts.

The next part comes down to display. Note 7 with AMOLED, V20 with Quantum Dot LCD likely, although if the V20 surprises with an OLED screen, that will make some tough competition for the Note 7. Then there is camera quality. LG with higher megapixel and a separate wide angle camera, or the Note 7 with better low light camera. LG with its removable battery, Samsung with its waterproofing. Those are the general comparisons between them. Since there isn't much known about the Nexus devices' specifications, I can't compare with that, though it possibly might have vanilla Android, unless the reports I've read are correct about Google not enforcing that anymore upon its Nexus manufacturers.

Depends on what your favorite features are in a smartphone. The main issues it seems are display, audio, camera, battery, and performance, though at least this year most of the premium devices available run at the same level. Even though Sprint didn't sell the LG V10 last year, theres a chance they might sell the LG V20 this year. That'll compete against the Note 7 and the upcoming HTC Nexus devices. The LG probably will be closer competition to the Nexus than the Note will, as LG is going to have Android 7.0, whereas it may be some time until the Note 7 gets it. The LG V20 will have better audio than the Note 7, although the Note 7's audio will be great, probably plenty good enough using the Qualcomm Aqstic. LG V20 will be using a quad DAC ESS Sabre audio system, which has an edge over the Aqstic,but only will really matter for major audio enthusiasts.

The next part comes down to display. Note 7 with AMOLED, V20 with Quantum Dot LCD likely, although if the V20 surprises with an OLED screen, that will make some tough competition for the Note 7. Then there is camera quality. LG with higher megapixel and a separate wide angle camera, or the Note 7 with better low light camera. LG with its removable battery, Samsung with its waterproofing. Those are the general comparisons between them. Since there isn't much known about the Nexus devices' specifications, I can't compare with that, though it possibly might have vanilla Android, unless the reports I've read are correct about Google not enforcing that anymore upon its Nexus manufacturers.

I just read it looks like 7.0 was going to be about 4 months plus. I do like the design build with the water proofing, USB Type C, S pin looks like a nice feature to have for maybe work related while talking to my pilots when I pull the jet bridge back if they are trying to talk to me and the screen looks pretty at least to me. I am up for a new phone as of last month. But I still on the fence.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

be8976c0052061597af23bd00b140ba7.jpg

Is this pic confirming 4x4 MIMO? It is curious that the four lines are attached to a Note 7. This is from one of Neville Ray's Twitter photos. For some reason, I couldn't put a link to the direct image up.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

be8976c0052061597af23bd00b140ba7.jpg

Is this pic confirming 4x4 MIMO? It is curious that the four lines are attached to a Note 7. This is from one of Neville Ray's Twitter photos. For some reason, I couldn't put a link to the direct image up.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Oh wow. I can make this out this out and im almost 95% sure that says 4x4 MIMO!
  • Like 2

Is it official?!82b88eafd35f8091181dc5ac0d13deb3.jpg

That looks pretty official to me. Now I'm curious if the LG V20 is going to have this? I think either the V10 or the G5 was suppose to/or does have some advanced antenna/signal capabilities from what I read back during the prelaunch/launch days of them, though I'm not sure about that now. Even though  like the Note 7, I've decided to wait for the V20, officially now since I was debating it for a few days after hearing about the QuadDac. I'm hoping it gets this capability. Having the latest Android at launch was an extra factor in my decision, and I'm hoping 7.0 turns out better than 5.0 and 6.0 did, because I really didn't like either. I preferred version 4. Still like iOS more than Android, but again I need Android for emulators.

• Like 1

So it's confirmed on the Note 7?

Terrell's post looks pretty damn confirming of it to me. If not, then that is a really bad move on the part of T-Mobile to show this. However, I wouldn't put it past T-Mobile to do so, then claim something like "We just used the image of the Samsung Note 7 to show what 4x4 Mimo can do. We never meant to claim the device has that" It reminds me of ZTE when they posted images of the Axon 7 that were photoshopped to make it appear the Axon 7 had a dual edge display that made it look very much like the Note 7, but with front facing speakers, of course. ZTE was and still is very shady about their business, and so is T-Mobile. Neither of which bothers to use any kind of warning in their images, stating "These images are for general purposes, etc. They are not indicative of the actual device capabilities in the use of this example" that sort of thing.

What is certain is the Note 7 has some great features to it, and if it does have 4x4 Mimo, that certainly will be great for those who have the Note 7. I'm still gong to get the LG V20 instead, so I'm hoping it'll have 4x4 Mimo. We shall see...

• Like 1