Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Rumors Thread

lilotimz

Why curved edges? That's a deal breaker.

Not that I want a Note (too big for me), but I was surprised that there wasn't a "flat" screen version.  

So I wonder if that means the GS8 next year will only have a "edge" version.

Well I was weak, I went to Best Buy to see the shiny new toy and broke down and did the pre-order...  I truly love my Note 4 but I am ready to get back ahead of the pack on the tech.  I get pretty good performance and connectivity but not just missing the CA always bothered me.  Now I just have to wait.  And hopefully there will be root soon after it releases.  I have gotten spoiled with my Viper4Android for audio.  That and removing the bloatware are the only real reasons to root for me so far.  

Oh and the 256GB card offer is for the newer EVO+ so it is the faster speeds.  I was disappointed  that the specs were 90 write and 20 read on the samsung site, but the packaging on the cards at BB showed 90 and 90 so that was a relief.  I wasn't sure what good a 256 GB card was going to do with such a slow read speed.  It is a shame that they left the UFS support out of this go round.  The listed specs are on par with the Samsung SSD speed performance.  

Well I was weak, I went to Best Buy to see the shiny new toy and broke down and did the pre-order... I truly love my Note 4 but I am ready to get back ahead of the pack on the tech.

Ill hold onto my note4. The 7 is a huge let down being seen as a s7e with a stylus. Since i still have the contract option, $350 isnt worth it and should have purchased the s7e on july 4th for $150. Looking forward to the htc marlin.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Honestly I was hoping for more too but there is a big enough improvement with the whole package that I jumped on it.  It was more all the little things adding up than it was any one making it a must have.  Seeing and holding it in person is much more impressive than the articles and videos.  I am not retiring the Note 4 just yet.  We will see real world once it comes in.  The biggest concern I have is the Battery.  I have the Anker 2 batteries and wall charger that I just rotate through.  I haven't charged my phone by plugging it in for so long.  I am supposed to be getting a replacement set on warranty.  I hope that the battery is able to hold up.  If the 3 I have for my N4 are all taking a dive at the same time just before the 2 year mark, it doesn't look good for any fixed battery.  Aside from that it is a large step forward in every single category.     

Why curved edges? That's a deal breaker.

While I'm not thrilled either, it appears that they've lessened the curved part.  If you watch the Note 7 presentation they compare the S7 Edge to the Note 7.

I have the Anker 2 batteries and wall charger

How are those anker batteries? I am still on my stock battery and feel like its draining fast

While I'm not thrilled either, it appears that they've lessened the curved part.  If you watch the Note 7 presentation they compare the S7 Edge to the Note 7.

I was looking at a couple of YouTube vids, and see what you're saying. One presenter said, "They lessened the curve on edges, and made the top of the screen more a little more flat." I wouldn't enjoy a phone that has icons, apps, reading articles, watching vids, etc., going off the edges of the screen.

How are those anker batteries? I am still on my stock battery and feel like its draining fast

They were great up until a couple weeks ago. They have an 18 month warranty so I called and she didn't even question it just said no problem is xxx the correct address? I have had them for just over a year.
  • Like 1

Well I was weak, I went to Best Buy to see the shiny new toy and broke down and did the pre-order... I truly love my Note 4 but I am ready to get back ahead of the pack on the tech. I get pretty good performance and connectivity but not just missing the CA always bothered me. Now I just have to wait. And hopefully there will be root soon after it releases. I have gotten spoiled with my Viper4Android for audio. That and removing the bloatware are the only real reasons to root for me so far.

Oh and the 256GB card offer is for the newer EVO+ so it is the faster speeds. I was disappointed that the specs were 90 write and 20 read on the samsung site, but the packaging on the cards at BB showed 90 and 90 so that was a relief. I wasn't sure what good a 256 GB card was going to do with such a slow read speed. It is a shame that they left the UFS support out of this go round. The listed specs are on par with the Samsung SSD speed performance.

Without root, you can easily disable all bloat ware with apps such as ez disabler. It makes samsung phones able to have less bloat than even nexus phones.
  • Like 1

I was looking at a couple of YouTube vids, and see what you're saying. One presenter said, "They lessened the curve on edges, and made the top of the screen more a little more flat." I wouldn't enjoy a phone that has icons, apps, reading articles, watching vids, etc., going off the edges of the screen.

Played with a Note 7 today, watched a couple of YouTube clips on it. The videos occupied the whole screen from edge to edge. I'm going from a Note 4 to this phone. The Note 7 felt a lot better in hand over the Note 4, also the curved screen is subtle.

If you want to see it in person Best Buy with the Samsung kiosk have them in stock now. Its the Verizon model so far from the few stores I've been to, and Black, and Silver models no blue one.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Played with a Note 7 today, watched a couple of YouTube clips on it. The videos occupied the whole screen from edge to edge. I'm going from a Note 4 to this phone. The Note 7 felt a lot better in hand over the Note 4, also the curved screen is subtle.

If you want to see it in person Best Buy with the Samsung kiosk have them in stock now. Its the Verizon model so far from the few stores I've been to, and Black, and Silver models no blue one.

There's a Best Buy near my work. I'll go check it out.

Same at the Best Buy I went to yesterday.  I agree it just feels nice all around.  It will take some time to get used to the "edge" screen but it isn't very pronounced.  It is more of a lack of side bezel to me.  Nothing like the original Note Edge.  They are doing the same as in the past $50 down that goes on a BB gift card.  They said they will have all the freebie items available on launch day and if they run out of the item you want they can order it and ship it free.  Now my next mission is to find a case that doesn't completely ruin the edge aspect.  I went with no case for the first several months with the Note 4 but it didn't have the edge display or glass on the back.  

I also preordered the note 7 despite the fact that i hate snapdragon processors. I was disapointed when it was snapdragon because they couldve put in the exynos with qualcomm modem like the note 5. Also I needed a new phone, the note 4 doesnt cut it anymore since its 2 years ago tech. I love how the note 7 design is sexy like the s7 and its water and dust resistant; this is one of my main reasons to buy note 7.

Im going to use it for one year and give it to my other lines and get a new one next year. I love having multiple lines so i can get new phone every year hehe

You can disable all bloat without root with package disabler pro.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I will certainly look into that. I know that the forum is somewhat polarized on the topic of hotspot with root, but I do hotspot with mine and will lose that until I get root.  I actually have considered adding a line just to free up a line to use as a hotspot with out the limit of GB.

I played with it at Best But yesterday, and compared it to my Nexus 6 O.G. it is such a smaller screen. I did preorder it but a smaller Nexus made me want to skip Nexus this year. This is what I preordered 2 weeks ago.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IQDZR3W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01INYYYDI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01INYAQYO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I own both of these names for my Nexus 6. The Supcase is indestructibe period the best case for your money.

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE

I played with it at Best But yesterday, and compared it to my Nexus 6 O.G. it is such a smaller screen. I did preorder it but a smaller Nexus made me want to skip Nexus this year. This is what I preordered 2 weeks ago.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IQDZR3W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01INYYYDI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01INYAQYO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I own both of these names for my Nexus 6. The Supcase is indestructibe period the best case for your money.

I will have to check the supcase out. Looks like a much better value and less bulk than the Otterbox Defender.
  • Like 1

I will have to check the supcase out. Looks like a much better value and less bulk than the Otterbox Defender.

When I upgraded to the Note 5 last year, I bought 3 holster cases from Amazon. The clips on the 1st 2 broke within the 1st four weeks. The 3rd holster case was the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro. This case is incredible, considering it is less than $20. I've never had any problems with it. However, when initially installing it, I removed the glued-in plastic screen protector as interfered with the glass screen protector I had previously installed. Upon removing the plastic screen protector, the case fit perfectly.

I can't upgrade to the Note 7 until after 9/1/2016, BUT I have already ordered my Supcase.

Eric

• Like 1

THIS THING IS TRULY OUTSTANDING, AND LOOKS AND WORKS LIKE AN OTTER BOX BUT IN MY OPINION NICER.  Sorry for the caps lol

When I upgraded to the Note 5 last year, I bought 3 holster cases from Amazon. The clips on the 1st 2 broke within the 1st four weeks. The 3rd holster case was the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro. This case is incredible, considering it is less than $20. I've never had any problems with it. However, when initially installing it, I removed the glued-in plastic screen protector as interfered with the glass screen protector I had previously installed. Upon removing the plastic screen protector, the case fit perfectly.

I can't upgrade to the Note 7 until after 9/1/2016, BUT I have already ordered my Supcase.

Eric

Pay ypur contract out early...the Nexus 6 did not run out until October....I paid it off and own the damn phone.  Way more than I should have paid for it, Google left a Sour taste in my mouth with the lower price of the 6P making the O.G. N6 worthless price wise.

Me and my cell phone troubles. After some time with the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active, which generally worked pretty well, had one flaw I wouldn't necessarily consider a defect, but a design deficiency which people who own the device can decide whether or not they are able to tolerate it. The issue basically comes down to ruggedness vs consistency, There were times the sensor couldn't read instruction on the screen when pressed, or was slow. The larger issue was the display would dim down or lit up automatically, despite having auto-brightness turned off, having power saving features turned off, and trying a few apps that supposedly adjust brightness to keep it programmed to the user preference. My thought is that the display did this due to there being a plastic layer covering both it and the sensors for display protection given by this being the "Active" model"

My question is for people here who have Samsung Galaxy devices, does your devices ever have these issues? Again, I'm thinking they are an issue caused by the protection feature of the plastic layer. Anyways, the store didn't have any answer for me, so I returned the device and have pre-ordered the Note 7. I'm hoping that without the plastic protective layer covering the display and the sensors that this won't happen on the Note 7. Besides that, I'm going to post a thread in the General Topics about this next part I'm going to mention about the Note 7, but I wanted to quickly mention it here, as well.

There seems to be a lot of people on the internet saying the Note 7 isn't so much of an upgrade to the S7 Galaxy devices and the Note 5. I'm quite surprised by it, as I find there to be quite a few important additions/changes that make the Note 5 an excellent option for an upgrade or a new purchase. Here is one that is very important to me I just read about a bit ago today, which appears to be Samsung's way of protecting its status against the LG V20, should LG try to make a major deal with audio features :

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/releases/2016/08/03/qualcomm-powers-next-generation-samsung-galaxy-note7

and

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/snapdragon/2016/06/02/qualcomm-aqstic-sets-new-standard-audiophiles

also these from Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/4wcenj/the_note7_uses_qualcomm_aqstic_audio_codec_the/

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyNote7/comments/4wb07b/note7_uses_qualcomm_aqstic_audio_codec_it_will/