Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Rumors Thread

lilotimz

Yeah I'm disappointed too. Now hdr video support is awesome but with a battery smaller than the s7 edge I don't see it being a battery champ anyway. Still using qc 2.0 instead of 3.0. Point is there is a $400 one plus 3 that comes awfully close to note 7 in specs and less than half the price.

I believe outside of Clearwire LTE, all Sprint B41 equipment is capable of 3x CA on B41. It's just a matter of installing a new a new carrier card (which should be fast and painless) and some software modifications.

The real question is when will Sprint start replacing Clearwire equipment? Lots of major markets need to be striped of Clear equipment in order to move forward with 3x CA deployment. New York, Dallas, Los Angeles, Houston, Denver, and other cities have a good chunk of B41 originating from Clearwire equipment. Sprint could definitely fire up 3x CA on a 'need' basis, but doubt that happens since their network is suffering from terrible congestion on B26/B25 in so many places that have Clearwire B41.

I would say that in major markets where there is an equal mix of Clearwire B41 and Sprint B41 sites, it's better to just leave the 2xCA in place and upgrade the Sprint B41 to 3xCA. 

The drop in speeds wouldn't be as noticeable unless you're actively using 20+mbps.

Yeah I'm disappointed too. Now hdr video support is awesome but with a battery smaller than the s7 edge I don't see it being a battery champ anyway. Still using qc 2.0 instead of 3.0. Point is there is a $400 one plus 3 that comes awfully close to note 7 in specs and less than half the price.

No S-pen though.

I would say that in major markets where there is an equal mix of Clearwire B41 and Sprint B41 sites, it's better to just leave the 2xCA in place and upgrade the Sprint B41 to 3xCA.

The drop in speeds wouldn't be as noticeable unless you're actively using 20+mbps.

I agree. They need to focus on getting 3xca to more markets. Not doing another rip and replace.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Wish you could get a One Plus 3 that can be used on Sprint. 

• Like 1

I don't know if you can just take these #s but looking at the FCC filing, B26 is 19-20db, B25 is 21-22db, B41 is about 23-25db, I think that is pretty good.

Granted, real life experience can be different

We we all know band 41 fcc and realworld different on note 5.

Note 5 is a lot better in the real world than on paper we all know that, hoping the same is said for the Note 7.

Maybe gonna see how the RF performance is and go from there.

well i hope so. Nothing has changed for me. Still takes forever to latch on to lte once it drops to 3g in areas it never and battery seems the same. I rather start with a brand new inbox note 5 you know

well i hope so. Nothing has changed for me. Still takes forever to latch on to lte once it drops to 3g in areas it never and battery seems the same. I rather start with a brand new inbox note 5 you know

I hear you, I love my Note 5 overall though, things have gotten a little better recently so I'm not as annoyed but yeah I go through the same situation daily.

I hear you, I love my Note 5 overall though, things have gotten a little better recently so I'm not as annoyed but yeah I go through the same situation daily.

just wish we had legit answer's on really what's going on with the phone. Is it phone or network? Someone needs to step up. Guess I'm keeping this one. I'm ok with that too

just wish we had legit answer's on really what's going on with the phone. Is it phone or network? Someone needs to step up. Guess I'm keeping this one. I'm ok with that too

I think network but who knows, Samsung and Sprint apparently have no reports of any issues. I've given up, looking forward to a better experience.

Just like any other device. It will not intelligently swap between providers but you can manually select if you want tmobile, uscc, or sprint as the primary.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

From my understanding, without a Nexus device, no phone can swap between Fi carriers because they can't read past the first carrier on the SIM, which is T-Mobile.

I think network but who knows, Samsung and Sprint apparently have no reports of any issues. I've given up, looking forward to a better experience.

can only hope the next couple weeks we get some good feed back on rf from the note 7

I'm going for the note 7. It's still a big upgrade hdr screen, iris scanner, IP68, micro sd, improved s pen, double pressure sensitivity, improved s pen features like gif maker, bigger battery, low light mode, you can even change your screen resolution to as low as 720p to save battery, also antutu benchmarks somehow makes it 9000 points over the s7 edge. I also like that the cleaned up touchwiz even more. 3xCa support is just a bonus. Not to mention the stealth black and blue/gold trim is gorgeous. I don't know if I will keep it because the s8 will probably have a 4k hrd display, snapdragon 830, 4xCA ect. Honestly even with all of these features I see little reason to upgrade to it.

• Like 1