LG V20: LG's Next V10? (LG-LS997)

Arysyn

Better camera than Note 4? That's good to know. I thought the Note 4 was a pretty good camera.

It was a concern for me too but I took several side by side indoor pics using auto focus for both phones. It was a complete landslide victory for the V20. I can't say outdoor pics would yield the same result because I sold the Note 4 before I could test those but I'm guessing the result would be similar.

• Like 1

Picked up this phone on Saturday and I love it so far. One of my favorite features so far is it shows a battery indicator in the status bar for my blue tooth headset. Many improvements over my aging Nexus 6, and the free TV doesn't hurt.

v5bmkGIl.png

• Like 4

Picked up this phone on Saturday and I love it so far. One of my favorite features so far is it shows a battery indicator in the status bar for my blue tooth headset. Many improvements over my aging Nexus 6, and the free TV doesn't hurt.

v5bmkGIl.png

It seems like such a small thing to like but none of my Samsung phones showed the battery life of Bluetooth headphones and its very handy info to have especially when you use them for the gym. I don't have to worry about my music stopping half way thru a workout. I was pumped when I saw that the phone had this indicator.

Got the LG V20 on Black Friday. Sprint store was well stocked with employees, like 10 to 12. Unfortunately, I was the only one waiting. (This is in a city with about 129k pop.) Loving the phone so far. I miss the stylus of the Note, but I know I'll get more use out of the secondary display than the stylus. Do wish the primary display was OLED. Awesome audio.

My free TV came in. Debating whether to keep. I read about the RGBW on it. Enter the RGB vs RGBW debate.

• Like 1

Patch LS997ZV4 release for V20

• Android Security Patches
  • Bug Fixes

Hopefully fully working 3XCA, fixes for ##DATA# in terms of band priority, ##DEBUG# for LTE to clear stale data and fully populate.

https://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find-and-update-the-software-version-on-your-LG-V20/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB101699-dvc10470001prd?INTNAV=SU:DP:TS:UG:LgV20:FindAndUpdateTheSoftwareVersionOnYourLgV20

• 2 weeks later...

What version?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

effc29be35cbdd47e68f94aff1855563.jpg

• Like 2

LS997ZV5

Android security level patched to Dec 1

Band priority does not work

Debug screen now has separate line for Tertiary Serving Cell, RSRP measured for all three carriers, same with RSRQ and RS-SINR

• Like 3

9b1d570cd4a83e619df3e87326a4d0a1.jpg4435bb102003ec649faafd1c8bc0e166.jpg732bf516cbe3a318bf469e36af27fa32.jpg

• Like 1

This update seems to have broken network signal guru. Cell mapper, signal check pro, lte discovery, signal detector appear to work.  Reloading app did nothing(uninstall/reinstall)

Message is: Cannot get configurations ! Please check internet connections.

This update seems to have broken network signal guru. Cell mapper, signal check pro, lte discovery, signal detector appear to work. Reloading app did nothing(uninstall/reinstall)

Message is: Cannot get configurations ! Please check internet connections.

Your rooted to use network signal guru correct?

Your rooted to use network signal guru correct?

No, but it did previously have limited functionality while unrooted.

Tonights 3xCA limited tests appear to show that the 3xCA setting is no longer effectively throttling the phone, but there are no significant speed improvements at three sites in Columbus Ohio.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...