nobius

Repurposing an iPhone 6 to T-Mobile

nobius    459

I have an iPhone 6 with Sprint, and plan on upgrading to the iPhone 7 when it comes out. If my wife uses my old iPhone but is on T-Mobile, will she miss out on any LTE bands from that network? Would I have any issues with getting Sprint to unlock my old iPhone?

anthony.spina97    1,591

The Sprint version of the iPhone 6 lacks band 12 support, but other than that, it should operate perfectly fine on T-Mobile's network. As long as you fully own the device (no contract or easy pay/lease on the device) then you should have no problems getting it unlocked by Sprint, either.

-Anthony

• Like 1

nobius    459

The Sprint version of the iPhone 6 lacks band 12 support, but other than that, it should operate perfectly fine on T-Mobile's network. As long as you fully own the device (no contract or easy pay/lease on the device) then you should have no problems getting it unlocked by Sprint, either.

-Anthony

The lease comes up in August with a buyout option. So when I buy that out I should be able to get it unlocked at the same time, right?

anthony.spina97    1,591

The lease comes up in August with a buyout option. So when I buy that out I should be able to get it unlocked at the same time, right?

Correct.

-Anthony

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• PROGRESSIVE RAFFLE
    FOR AN iPHONE 8

iphonexiphone8.jpg

WHICH CAN PROGRESS TO AN iPHONE 8+ OR AN iPHONE X
    **or an Android device of equal or lesser value**

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• I am definitely interested in checking more into this phone. Am I correct in assuming all phones being released from this point on (before now, really)  are HPUE compliant?
    • You literally said #2 carrier ahead of AT&T. They're #2 not because of network metrics but because of the amount of subscribers they have. Nationally, they're still ranked last in terms of overall network performance because despite their square milage, they still lack in call and text reliability. There is zero doubt that they have one of, if not the fastest network in the country but that is far from the only metric to measure a network, even if it's the most important to you. All you have to do is look at the recent reddit thread that suggested T-Mobile might stop their program that gives people those Cellspots to see that a lot of people were ready to switch because the only thing keeping them on was that device giving them service indoors. At least we know Sprint is going all in on the Magic Boxes and they treat it as a part of their network instead of as just another device.
    • Nothing to do anything about number of customers... How are they not on par with the big two?  TMobile is crushing it for data in all the major markets.  If TMobile can execute their 2017 coverage map goal, they will be on par with AT&T, which is considered to be in the same coverage league as VZW.  So yes, TMobile will be in this club come 2018. https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/lte-comparison-map
    • This is a reach. AT&T and Verizon still have twice as many customers as T-Mobile and even if they added 2 Million customers per quarter it would take 8 years before they got to VZ and AT&T's current size, assuming VZW or AT&T don't have any growth at all. We can acknowledge T-Mobile's accomplishments without making it seem like they're nearly on par with the big two. In terms of data speed, sure. In terms of price, they're approaching it too. However, you won't be able to find the consistency of the duopoly's network nationwide on T-Mobile right now. That'll take quite a bit more infill sites. That's why given Sprint's "non-announcement" of 8K macro sites for expansion, I'm glad to see it's not a huge expansion because we know that they're going for reliability over square mileage.