Nrbelex

Pixel and Pixel XL Preview (was "Fall 2016 Nexus | HTC Sailfish, Marlin Rumors")

rgcrockett    175

Has anyone been able to activate yet? The website is not accepting my MEID. A clueless chat assistant is telling me I cannot activate it on Sprint.

mtciii    59

Has anyone been able to activate yet? The website is not accepting my MEID. A clueless chat assistant is telling me I cannot activate it on Sprint.

Website accepted the MEID from my email and recognized it as the correct device, color, and capacity, but I haven't done the activation because it's at home and I'm at work. :|

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

rgcrockett    175

I purchased mine directly from Google, and I'm having no luck.

rgcrockett    175

Website accepted the MEID from my email and recognized it as the correct device, color, and capacity, but I haven't done the activation because it's at home and I'm at work. :|

Curious, what is your model? I have a Pixel XL 128 GB Very Silver

mtciii    59

Curious, what is your model? I have a Pixel XL 128 GB Very Silver

32 GB Pixel XL, Quiet [sic] Black

Paynefanbro    4,137

, this time involving a YouTube star. I don't know her but apparently she has 4.3 Million subscribers.

rgcrockett    175

It seems Sprint is not ready for this launch. I'm not surprised. 

rgcrockett    175

I am also being told that the SIM Card I have (it is the same model for the Nexus 6P) can't be used. 

mtciii    59

I am also being told that the SIM Card I have (it is the same model for the Nexus 6P) can't be used.

Well that's the right one...

Ascertion    2,663

Battery looks promising for the regular sized pixel. 3927a11efefb09c467400ae1df3f32e8.jpg

• Like 3

WiWavelength    31,437

Looks like they updated their spec sheet to reflect Cat 12 LTE.

Supports up to CAT 12 (600Mbps DL / 75Mbps UL) depending on carrier support

Basically meaning 4x4 MIMO and 256-QAM are supported to achieve the advertised 600Mbps speeds.

One or the other, maybe both, but not necessarily both 4x4 MIMO and 256-QAM.

3x CA: 20 MHz FDD @ 2x2 MIMO @ 256-QAM = 600 Mbps

3x CA: (2x CA 20 MHz FDD @ 2x2 MIMO @ 64-QAM) + (20 MHz FDD @ 4x4 MIMO @ 64-QAM) = 600 Mbps

AJ

• Like 3

WiWavelength    31,437

Battery looks promising for the regular sized pixel.

Not regular sized picture removed.

AJ

rgcrockett    175

Just got back from the Sprint store after trying the chat. I finally got a competent rep. He told me that Sprint apparently screwed up putting in the ID numbers on some Pixels and they are showing up as pre-paid instead of post-paid .Thus, I can't get it onto my post paid account without opening up a ticket and having it fixed. He said it could take a few days. I suspect I won't be the only one with the problem. Oh well, I'll just use it on wi-fi until then.

HTCandroid    245

Just got back from the Sprint store after trying the chat. I finally got a competent rep. He told me that Sprint apparently screwed up putting in the ID numbers on some Pixels and they are showing up as pre-paid instead of post-paid .Thus, I can't get it onto my post paid account without opening up a ticket and having it fixed. He said it could take a few days. I suspect I won't be the only one with the problem. Oh well, I'll just use it on wi-fi until then.

Or Google Fi it for a month if you don't mind spending the extra money to play with it...

Edited by HTCandroid

bretton88    352

It seems Sprint is not ready for this launch. I'm not surprised.

They don't have to be ready. Technically the only carrier that supports it is Verizon. You're on your own on other networks.

rgcrockett    175

They don't have to be ready. Technically the only carrier that supports it is Verizon. You're on your own on other networks.

I don't agree. Sprint has publicly advertised that the phone works on the network and is supported.

WiWavelength    31,437

I don't agree. Sprint has publicly advertised that the phone works on the network and is supported.

Sprint has "publicly advertised" Pixel support?  Where?

Also, the earliest delivery dates were fully a week from now, October 26-28.  The Google Store jumped the gun by a week.  Sprint had every reason to expect that these niche handsets would not start being activated until next week.  You cannot complain until then.

But maybe I should be like many iPhone 7 buyers and complain now about delays because my Pixel XL will not be delivered until next week -- even though I put in my order in the first few minutes, probably before any of you.

AJ

rgcrockett    175

Sprint has "publicly advertised" Pixel support? Where?

Also, the earliest delivery dates were fully a week from now, October 26-28. The Google Store jumped the gun by a week. Sprint had every reason to expect that these niche handsets would not start being activated until next week. You cannot complain until then.

But maybe I should be like many iPhone 7 buyers and complain now about delays because my Pixel XL will not be delivered until next week -- even though I put in my order in the first few minutes, probably before any of you.

AJ

https://community.sprint.com/baw/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-document?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fposts%2F7256

Nothing is early. The phone was launched today.

'Yes, we're aware Pixel is not listed on the BYO website. The site will be updated in time for launch on the 20th."

I purchased after reading this information from Sprint.

But anyway, I'll move on. I'm not forgetting who I am talking to ☺️ these are not the forums to do any whining about Sprint.

• Like 6

mtciii    59

I find it funny they're on the BYOD page as "Google Pixel Sail" and "Google Pixel XL Marlin" haha. How does that not get caught by some form of QA?