HTC 10 User Thread

WiWavelength

For everything HTC 10. 

AJ

Edited by lilotimz

• 4 weeks later...

Someone in the other thread asked how good it was RF wise. It seems to be as good as the m8 on band 41, better on 25 and 26. Signalcheck reports a rsrp about 5 dB higher than the m8 I had. Areas I would drop to 3g in the m8 I stay on LTE with the 10.

With the m8 I had a otterbox commuter case where the 10 I don't have one yet. That could explain some of the difference...

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ugh! Thats too bad. Time to find another case.

Sent from my 2PS64

Spigen has a wide range of fantastic cases for the HTC 10. I've used their cases for about 2 years now on a variety of devices (including my HTC 10) and have not had any issues. I love them!

Well, I wouldn't say the battery lasts 2 days, but of course it's been the weekend and I'm still playing around with various things. Tomorrow when the work day is over will be a true test of battery life. (I am a teacher so I normally have pretty high battery life at the end of the day since I only have 2 times I can use my phone during the day).

Ugh! Thats too bad. Time to find another case.

Sent from my 2PS64

I have not seen any cases for the 10 in any stores yet. However I have only looked at Best Buy and Walmart. But neither even had cases for any Ones anymore!

I ordered several from Amazon, including a Spigen, to see which I like best. The last time I did that, I ended up keeping all 3!

I hate that we care so much what a phone looks like, just to put a case on it.

I have not seen any cases for the 10 in any stores yet. However I have only looked at Best Buy and Walmart. But neither even had cases for any Ones anymore!

I ordered several from Amazon, including a Spigen, to see which I like best. The last time I did that, I ended up keeping all 3!

I hate that we care so much what a phone looks like, just to put a case on it.

Yeah that's why I ordered a ultra thin clear TPU case. I want to not even notice that there is a case on it. The thinner the better. So far I'm really liking the phone. Much smoother and more responsive than the S7. Not to mention that I'm back on Sprint. [emoji119]

• Like 3

I'm curious about the alleged lack of GSM and WCDMA.  I travel in Canada a lot and this would really suck if true.

I'm with you. How can we verify whether or not it's true?

Now idk if it's just mine, but I just noticed that when the display is turned on there is a veeeeeeery faint high pitch whining sound coming from the speakers. Is anyone else having this issue?

UDPATE: I realized that this only happens when the display brightness is under about 15-20% on the brightness slider. If I put it on the lowest brightness, its very faint, and increases in intensity until about 15-20% at which point the sound disappears completely. Very strange but now it doesn't bother me as much knowing that I can get it to stop by increasing my brightness a hair. 

Now idk if it's just mine, but I just noticed that when the display is turned on there is a veeeeeeery faint high pitch whining sound coming from the speakers. Is anyone else having this issue?

Others have complained about this, and said it's worse when the display is set to dim.  I haven't noticed.

I'm with you. How can we verify whether or not it's true?

A reliable source on XDA is saying "thats not true...the back of the box lists the supported bands, which includes GSM".  I don't have the box with me to check right now,

• Like 2

I'm curious about the alleged lack of GSM and WCDMA.  I travel in Canada a lot and this would really suck if true.

A reliable source on XDA is saying "thats not true...the back of the box lists the supported bands, which includes GSM".  I don't have the box with me to check right now,

Do not worry about it.  As I posted in the now locked rumor thread, you are not going to find a handset today without international 3GPP capability.  You just most likely cannot take the Sprint variant HTC 10 to AT&T or T-Mobile -- because it is not currently authorized for domestic GSM/W-CDMA operation in the US.  That is the extent of the purview of the FCC.  Industry Canada and regulatory bodies in other countries authorize GSM/W-CDMA operation in their respective territories.

Not authorized for use in the US.  Fair enough.  If you want a provider other than Sprint, buy your device from that provider. Or completely unlocked BYOD.

With recent HTC handsets, some wireless provider ports will require device swaps.  HTC has some one time program in place -- called Oops or something like that.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7437-htc-10-rumor-thread-was-htc-one-m10-rumor-thread/?p=479336

AJ

UDPATE: I realized that this only happens when the display brightness is under about 15-20% on the brightness slider. If I put it on the lowest brightness, its very faint, and increases in intensity until about 15-20% at which point the sound disappears completely. Very strange but now it doesn't bother me as much now that I know I can get it to stop by increasing my brightness a hair.

I have a Lumia 635 I bought to check out WP8, and it does the same thing if you try to reduce the brightness too far. Fortunately there's a low enough level for night viewing that does not whine.

So I saw something today I never had with my m8.... I was in a well protected basement and was in and out of LTE coverage. I saw this...

1ee9e7bbebca287f042e22adc9e038ed.jpg

It's been a long time since I have seen both lte and 1x rtt at the same time. I know there have been numerous bugs with Android reporting erroneous signal and band data, but in the debug screens I showed both 1x and lte data and the received signal strength was changing for both. Is this a bug?

46955ac4808b5ebecda42b0cb5fab038.jpg

57ffbb1f7947f386dbb7f1487a300c10.jpg

Sent from my 2PS64

So I saw something today I never had with my m8.... I was in a well protected basement and was in and out of LTE coverage. I saw this...

. . .

It's been a long time since I have seen both lte and 1x rtt at the same time. I know there have been numerous bugs with Android reporting erroneous signal and band data, but in the debug screens I showed both 1x and lte data and the received signal strength was changing for both. Is this a bug?

Oh my god, is that actually SVLTE?  And we have never, ever, not many times over discussed this Android/SignalCheck dual signal reporting before?

;)

AJ

• Like 1

I figured so, I never had seen it in the engineering screens though.

No problemo.  I am just playing with you.  But do scan through the SignalCheck thread.  The dual signal reporting is a common issue since Android 5.0 or 5.1.  It is either a bug or a function at low LTE signal strength.  Again, see the SignalCheck thread for further discussion.

AJ

Sent from my 2PS64

Is the HTC 10 performing better then the M8 as for as LTE signal goes, have you been able to compare them?

Sent from my 2PS64

Sent from my HTC One M9

Is the HTC 10 performing better then the M8 as for as LTE signal goes, have you been able to compare them?

Sent from my HTC One M9

Yeah, there seems to be an improvement. The rsrp seems to be much higher than the m8. Areas where I would see a momentary gap in lte with the m8 I don't see with the 10.

Since it seems like sprint has its own variant I assume the antennas would be turned a bit better for Sprint bands.

Sent from my 2PS64

Has anybody ordered through sprint and gotten a verification of shipping yet?

I wish I could say yes, but I did order through Sprint, but then did an in store pickup about 2 hours later.

Sprint's been in their A game with the radio optimizing on their newest flagships. After playing around with my HTC 10 unlocked on T-Mobile, it looks like it could be better. Around 5-6dBm weaker on LTE B4 than a GS7. No idea how well Verizon's functions.

• Like 1