HTC 10 User Thread

WiWavelength

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, NanoVirus said:

Looks like no one has received it, I wonder if it got pulled, just like the unlocked version.

It’s a gradual rollout so that it can be pulled quickly without affecting too many people if there are issues.

• 2 weeks later...
Installed it. It was the quickest install ever. So far things seem okay, though I really hate the new icon shapes.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Are they round or square with small radius rounded corners? I'm not crazy about the latter on my 5X with Oreo.. maybe it's the white background I don't like.. can't decide.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Are they round or square with small radius rounded corners? I'm not crazy about the latter on my 5X with Oreo.. maybe it's the white background I don't like.. can't decide. 
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yup, the white background is white I don't like. Why have a background at all??

So I've gotten used to the icons now. And I finally figured out how the notifications categories work and now know how to customize them...that's pretty neat. Not sure about battery life since I've been playing around and also power has been out at my house due to the winter storm since Friday afternoon. So I've been using the phone a lot.

• 2 months later...

Is anyone seeing an issue where their phone goes into a boot loop once the battery goes below 25%. I think my phone knows the U12+ is coming out and its throwing a fit.

2 hours ago, NanoVirus said:

Is anyone seeing an issue where their phone goes into a boot loop once the battery goes below 25%. I think my phone knows the U12+ is coming out and its throwing a fit.

Your phone is as old as mine, and the battery does do funky things when they get near 2 years old, I have the One A9 myself 

• 1 month later...

I think the battery problems really started with the Oreo update.  Sometimes my phone will go from 25% to dead.  My wife also has an HTC 10 and hers is even worse.  

Has anyone tried a factory reset? 

On a different note, since the 12+ isn't on Sprint, any ideas on you next phone?

1 minute ago, shawn_kc said:

I think the battery problems really started with the Oreo update.  Sometimes my phone will go from 25% to dead.  My wife also has an HTC 10 and hers is even worse.  

Has anyone tried a factory reset? 

On a different note, since the 12+ isn't on Sprint, any ideas on you next phone?

I was thinking about either the U11 (I know, "old") or honestly the Pixel 2.  Getting tired of waiting for all the OEMs to get Android updates.

8 hours ago, NanoVirus said:

How is the new phone treating you?

Well, they sent me the wrong SIM card, so I had to go to the Sprint store to get a new one and activate it.  And, on the way home, I saw that there was some kind of accident which totally took out my phone line, so I have no DSL.  So it's been a bit annoying to set up!  I'll know more when I get DSL back up and running :-)