HTC 10 User Thread

WiWavelength

There was a new radio in this update, the baseband version changed.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I noticed that too yesterday and I also noticed that this new radio is way better can aggregating two b41 carriers.. the last radio out here in Houston where this is a ton of 2xca would only agg it if i had a strong singal and was stationary.  This new radio I tested out on the same towers as before and was getting 100+mbps every time versus 40-50.. Love it.  Also noticed the transition between b25 and b41 vice versa is much better too. 

• Like 1

I emailed HTC support and did not hear back yet about the fingerprint reader.

I did an online chat with them. We placed the phone into safe mode. Scanner worked the entire time it was in that mode. Placed it back into regular mode and the scanner started acting weird again. Guessing there is a stock app that is causing problems, as non of the apps I downloaded were accessible.

I did an online chat with them. We placed the phone into safe mode. Scanner worked the entire time it was in that mode. Placed it back into regular mode and the scanner started acting weird again. Guessing there is a stock app that is causing problems, as non of the apps I downloaded were accessible.

So what did they do about it?

No response from HTC yet. It's been over 48 hours.

HTC is horrible at responding back. And don't bother doing a factory reset on your phone. Mine didn't get fixed. It worked fine for two days then just now it broke again.

HTC is horrible at responding back. And don't bother doing a factory reset on your phone. Mine didn't get fixed. It worked fine for two days then just now it broke again.

They replied to me and said to wipe the cache partition. I chatted to say I did that already and it didn't work. Then they suggested master reset. I said I had heard that didn't work so I didn't want to waste the time. They "escalated" my case. They said they are aware of the problem and working to fix it. Yeah, ok ... [emoji849]

Anyone else been getting profile updates automatically the past few days late in the evening? I know they are pushed out automatically ever once in a great while but after the recent OTA I have gotten 3 of them all around the same time 11pm at night.

I have seen it too on my wife's phone and mine. It seems to force a reboot.

Yes so this latest firmware/software requires a reboot after updating the policy unlike before.  This is probably a good idea, I know most other sprint phones have been forcing reboot since the beginning.  I also noticed that the profile update no longer will flip you back to lte/cmda if you have set your mobile connection to cdma, gsm, auto, etc. 

Yes so this latest firmware/software requires a reboot after updating the policy unlike before. This is probably a good idea, I know most other sprint phones have been forcing reboot since the beginning. I also noticed that the profile update no longer will flip you back to lte/cmda if you have set your mobile connection to cdma, gsm, auto, etc.

I don't think this is a new thing. I have had phones reboot before on a profile update. I think it depends on what part of the profile is being updated.

I agree though, this is the first time I have seen it happen multiple times in a week on a forced update.

• Like 1

I don't think this is a new thing. I have had phones reboot before on a profile update. I think it depends on what part of the profile is being updated.

I agree though, this is the first time I have seen it happen multiple times in a week on a forced update.

Yes that is correct.  All the htc phones i have had would reboot if there was something new applied to the data profile.  However, now, with profile updates they reboot each and every time regardless of new entries.  That is what i was attempting to point out. 

• Like 1

Yes that is correct. All the htc phones i have had would reboot if there was something new applied to the data profile. However, now, with profile updates they reboot each and every time regardless of new entries. That is what i was attempting to point out.

I see what you are talking now. It's rebooting every time. I just ran the profile update manually twice and it rebooted both times.

My mother complained about her finger print reader on her 10 also.

HTC told me to restart in safe mode. I did that and it seemed to work reliably. So the question is, what app do we all have in common???

I wonder if it could be a stock app. If someone could reset their phone to default and not update any apps, that might help narrow down the rouge app.

It looks like the "My Sprint" app is causing the issue with the fingerprint scanner. I turned off all sprint related apps and had no problems this weekend. I randomly turned on different sprint apps and I believe that "My Sprint" is the culprit. 

• Like 2

It looks like the "My Sprint" app is causing the issue with the fingerprint scanner. I turned off all sprint related apps and had no problems this weekend. I randomly turned on different sprint apps and I believe that "My Sprint" is the culprit.

[emoji38] I hate app so much anyway!

Another OTA!

Looks like another ota just dropped this morning.  Less than 100mb in size its likely for the fingerprint reader issue.  I currently dont have my 10, its being replaced by sprint but here is a what firmware is updated in this OTA. 

aboot_signed.img

boot.img

hosd_singed.img

recovery.img

rfg_2.img

venus.img

System changes:

system.new.dat

system.patch.dat 35.4 mb

system.transfer.list