HTC 10 User Thread

WiWavelength

Do you use it? Does it still have a print button in the menu?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Use it for my work email every day. 07d163b91d6cf29bcf5555180cabc723.jpg570146269a4842a322ed77fd8c6c977e.jpg

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I just got update 2.51.651.2

This is the first time an update ever started downloading itself automatically for me. It was ~800 MB. Booted up and the security patch level is now July 1, 2017. The only other difference I noticed is that it randomly deleted my HTC Mail app. I was able to download and reinstall.

I'm having trouble with the fingerprint reader. It won't wake my phone up when I place my finger on it.

Had the same thing. Reset the phone, that took care of it

Yes, that fixed it for me

I had to perform a data reset on my phone to get the scanner working properly. Side note, anyone have issues with android messages when sending a picture to a non sprint phone. My pictures get so compressed that I had to revert back to the htc message app.

I had to perform a data reset on my phone to get the scanner working properly. Side note, anyone have issues with android messages when sending a picture to a non sprint phone. My pictures get so compressed that I had to revert back to the htc message app.

I've had that problem since I first started using it. I've found a work around: take the picture, go to Google photos, click share, choose Android Messages, then choose from the lost. Then I'll send in full res. It's annoying.

So, by data reset, you mean, factory reset? So I should backup everything first?

I've had that problem since I first started using it. I've found a work around: take the picture, go to Google photos, click share, choose Android Messages, then choose from the lost. Then I'll send in full res. It's annoying.

So, by data reset, you mean, factory reset? So I should backup everything first?

That's what it sounds like. I see what you are experiencing with the new update. Mine just started acting up after the phone was asleep for a bit.

We should take this to the HTC support website.

That's what it sounds like. I see what you are experiencing with the new update. Mine just started acting up after the phone was asleep for a bit.

We should take this to the HTC support website.

Yeah, it's only after it's sleeping. If you wake it up with the power button and then press the fingerprint, it works. But that defeats the purpose of the fingerprint reader.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's only after it's sleeping. If you wake it up with the power button and then press the fingerprint, it works. But that defeats the purpose of the fingerprint reader.

Correction. The data reset did not help my problem. Also pressing the power button and then pressing the scanner is not working for me either. I will see if I can go back to the previous version. Might not be possible since the update just came out.

Going back to android messages. What I am noticing is that if I take a picture and the size is around 2.7mb for example, when sending it through android messages, it compresses it down to 95kb, using the workaround steps. Are you seeing the same results?

Correction. The data reset did not help my problem. Also pressing the power button and then pressing the scanner is not working for me either. I will see if I can go back to the previous version. Might not be possible since the update just came out.

Going back to android messages. What I am noticing is that if I take a picture and the size is around 2.7mb for example, when sending it through android messages, it compresses it down to 95kb, using the workaround steps. Are you seeing the same results?

Hmm you're right. I usually keep my camera at 4 MP to have smaller files around 1.8MB. I changed so the file was 2.3 MB and it did compress. But I thought that the size limit for MMS was 2 MB?

The stock HTC messaging app also compresses stuff, just less.