HTC 10 User Thread

WiWavelength

This wont matter, Sprint has not (and likely will not) add WiFi calling to the HTC 10

That is my biggest concern about going with an HTC phone on Sprint at this point. I'm just not sure Sprint will be supporting them for much longer. HTC's strategy this year seems to be a direct model for their branded devices and OEM for everything else (like the Pixel).

Anyone else having trouble opening the Play Store since the update? Mine is just a blank white screen. Even emptied the cache and uninstalled all updates, thinking it would download them again.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Mine is still struggling with holding WiFi/Bluetooth connection.

Time to hard reset. I typically do anyways on any big update. I have no issues.

Now the store is working...

Hard resetting is such a pain, I hate setting everything up again!

I understand it might be a pain, it's gotten a lot better and easier with new versions of Android. I just got into a habit of whenever there's a big update I just do a hard reset, makes the phone work a lot smoother and it feels like a brand new phone all over again. it sure minimize is any issues that people start singing

I understand it might be a pain, it's gotten a lot better and easier with new versions of Android. I just got into a habit of whenever there's a big update I just do a hard reset, makes the phone work a lot smoother and it feels like a brand new phone all over again. it sure minimize is any issues that people start singing

Remind me what the process is on the 10?

Time to hard reset. I typically do anyways on any big update. I have no issues.

I've been having the issue I think since I bought it.  But you're right, i should HR it and then get a new one.

• 2 weeks later...

Thoughts on battery life post update?  At first I thought it was less, based on the % when I leave work (I am a teacher - I only have 2 periods during the day where I can use my phone.  Otherwise, it sits in a drawer in my desk).  It has been lower, since the update, when I leave school than what it used to be.  But, it seems to decrease slower than it did before -- if that makes any sense.

• 1 month later...

PRODUCTS

HTC U UltraHTC 10HTC One A9HTC AccessoriesVIVE

Search

SHOP VIVESUPPORT JOIN TEAM HTC AND GET PERKS! >

UPDATES & DOWNLOADS

HTC 10 Maintenance Release Instructions 4.7.2017

This software upgrade available for your HTC 10 provides the following key enhancements:

· Bug fixes

· March 2017 Android Security Updates.

• Like 1

Don't know if this is a Sprint issue or HTC 10 issue. When traveling to a C Spire area with no Sprint coverage, I notice that my phone will connect to their ( C Sprire') lte band for about 2 seconds then it will connect and stay on their 3G band.

Power cycled, along with updating the prl and profile doesn't fix the issue.

If I remember correctly, we are suppose to be able to connect to their LTE network.

Don't know if this is a Sprint issue or HTC 10 issue. When traveling to a C Spire area with no Sprint coverage, I notice that my phone will connect to their ( C Sprire') lte band for about 2 seconds then it will connect and stay on their 3G band.

Power cycled, along with updating the prl and profile doesn't fix the issue.

If I remember correctly, we are suppose to be able to connect to their LTE network.

I think it is an HTC issue. I don't believe any of the HTC devices so far have LTE roaming capabilities. I know that while traveling through Kansas, my brother's HTC 10 cannot connect to NexTech's LTE network, while all of my LG devices can (G4, G5 and G6 has tested it).

I think it is an HTC issue. I don't believe any of the HTC devices so far have LTE roaming capabilities. I know that while traveling through Kansas, my brother's HTC 10 cannot connect to NexTech's LTE network, while all of my LG devices can (G4, G5 and G6 has tested it).

If I put my HTC 10 in LTE only mode it connects to US Cellular no problem. In normal mode it will stay on 3G USC but all of our Samsung and HTC phones act the same way. There are no LG or Apple phones on our account so I can't say for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I put my HTC 10 in LTE only mode it connects to US Cellular no problem. In normal mode it will stay on 3G USC but all of our Samsung and HTC phones act the same way. There are no LG or Apple phones on our account so I can't say for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. The HTC 10 only explicitly lists support for Bands 25/26/41 on the Sprint version, so I expected LTE roaming would be limited. Is USCC using Band 2/25 in your area? That could explain what you are seeing. NexTech in Kansas using Band 12, so I would expect you would not be able to connect there.

Interesting. The HTC 10 only explicitly lists support for Bands 25/26/41 on the Sprint version, so I expected LTE roaming would be limited. Is USCC using Band 2/25 in your area? That could explain what you are seeing. NexTech in Kansas using Band 12, so I would expect you would not be able to connect there.

A quick look at my SCP log says I've connected to band 5 and 12 on USC. I have shared the log with a couple other phones including my 5X on FI. I'll take a look at the last connected date to see what they say.

A quick look at my SCP log says I've connected to band 5 and 12 on USC. I have shared the log with a couple other phones including my 5X on FI. I'll take a look at the last connected date to see what they say.

When looking at the LTE Bands in the data menu, it only listed Band 25/26/41 last time I looked, so that's interesting that you have Band 12 connections. Looking now, it does appear to support it, but the Sprint maps have never indicated any roaming abilities for the HTC 10. I can't get device specific maps to work right now, but in the past it did not show any LTE roaming (extended or otherwise).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just saw that Sprint has permanently dropped the price of the HTC 10 to $10/month or $240 full price!

Yep, heard about this a few days ago. Easily the best deal on any smartphone on the market right now. 

• Like 1