IPhone test mode interpretation help

danlodish345

The only real feedback I can offer is that the System ID or SID is not what I would expect to see for 1x800, but then again, Alcatel might have their SIDs assigned differently than Samsung markets like mine. I think all the Ohio markets, Pittsburgh and West PA all use a 5 digit SID that starts with 22 for 1x800. The PCS SIDs here are 4 digits and begin with 4 like what is displayed in your screenshot. My market primarily uses SID 4396 for 1x1900.

The thing is, on the iPhone, 1x800, or Band Class 10, comes up as "Secondary 800 MHz band[10]" whereas his screenshots say 800 MHz cellular band, which on the iPhone comes up as band class 0, and is used by Verizon and many other carriers, but AFAIK, not Sprint. The Field Test screen seems like it may be bugged and is displaying older info/mixed info, which wouldn't surprise me considering how buggy it is.

-Anthony

The thing is, on the iPhone, 1x800, or Band Class 10, comes up as "Secondary 800 MHz band[10]" whereas his screenshots say 800 MHz cellular band, which on the iPhone comes up as band class 0, and is used by Verizon and many other carriers, but AFAIK, not Sprint. The Field Test screen seems like it may be bugged and is displaying older info/mixed info, which wouldn't surprise me considering how buggy it is.

-Anthony

I would like to know what the channel number means

According to my logs the sid 4162 for sprint can be found in Northeast PA east through North New Jersey and into Connecticut. 1x800 in that area uses a SID of 22422. 

I would like to know what the channel number means

Each band is broken down into different channels. The channel number is used to find the center frequency.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-345-whats-the-frequency-kenneth-interpreting-your-engineering-screen-part-one/

-Anthony

Yeah this info came from an iPhone 6s I don't know why it's not displaying the proper info but I did read on the article that was posted in the comment below very helpful

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

iPhone 6S field test is extremely unreliable. My phone ALWAYS displays Band 0 in 1x despite the correct band being displayed in the 1xEV-DO section. This does not appear to be a problem that Apple will address. Best thing to do is go off of the SID.

iPhone 6S field test is extremely unreliable. My phone ALWAYS displays Band 0. This does not appear to be a problem that Apple will address. Best thing to do is go off of the SID.

There wasn't a SID for it

Understood :) I m the only one in my area tracking upgrades :)

Yea...in my findings, field test for 3G/1x only works once per boot so after you've opened it once and it populates, you have to reboot your phone if you want to open it up again. 1x band class usually never loads, EVDO works some of the time. Honestly if you can get SID to load it's petty much always correct so that's your best bet.

Yea...in my findings, field test for 3G/1x only works once per boot so after you've opened it once and it populates, you have to reboot your phone if you want to open it up again. 1x band class usually never loads, EVDO works some of the time. Honestly if you can get SID to load it's petty much always correct so that's your best bet.

I did reboot the phone but it was my brothers phone so I didn't have much time to tinker with it

There wasn't a SID for it

Neither Sid Caesar nor Sid Vicious?

AJ