Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge User Thread

SturgeonGeneral

Has anyone else noticed a sharp decline in battery life since the last update? 

Yup, I'll be charging my phone at least twice in a day just to get through the day.

• Like 1

I also thought it was the new location sharing on gmaps. Have you guys been using that? I kinda love it. But might be draining.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I'm not using GMap sharing, or any other new features (that I know of).  It just seems that since I did the update on 3/29, my battery life has gone to hell.  Like SeanK, I'm charging twice a day.  Or, I have my phone plugged in to a power supply or portable battery almost full time.  Rather disappointing:  Before the update, I could easily go all day and evening, and still have 40-50% charge by the time I shut down for the night.  Now, if I'm not charging, I'll be in the 30's by lunch.

• Like 1

I'm not using GMap sharing, or any other new features (that I know of).  It just seems that since I did the update on 3/29, my battery life has gone to hell.  Like SeanK, I'm charging twice a day.  Or, I have my phone plugged in to a power supply or portable battery almost full time.  Rather disappointing:  Before the update, I could easily go all day and evening, and still have 40-50% charge by the time I shut down for the night.  Now, if I'm not charging, I'll be in the 30's by lunch.

Go into settings, Device maintenance,  battery, battery usage, scroll down & see what is hogging the battery.   If something does not look right, you at least know what to fix.   Try a total shutdown and restart and check it again later.  That may fix it.

Also, when you are looking around in the menu above, you can put things in a sleep mode that you do not normally use.

Today, Android system is my biggest user after 8 1/2 hours. Android system only used 4 % of the battery. I was not using my phone for hardly anything so that looks ok.  My battery is at 83%.  If you are a heavy user and have the screen on quite a long time, you will have worse results.   But you should be able to identify the culprit.

• Like 2

Go into settings, Device maintenance, battery, battery usage, scroll down & see what is hogging the battery. If something does not look right, you at least know what to fix. Try a total shutdown and restart and check it again later. That may fix it.

Also, when you are looking around in the menu above, you can put things in a sleep mode that you do not normally use.

Today, Android system is my biggest user after 8 1/2 hours. Android system only used 4 % of the battery. I was not using my phone for hardly anything so that looks ok. My battery is at 83%. If you are a heavy user and have the screen on quite a long time, you will have worse results. But you should be able to identify the culprit.

c40dfc76340821064340fd65541ac832.jpg

c40dfc76340821064340fd65541ac832.jpg

Nothing really stand out except it looks like you are using your phone heavier than I am.  Looks like you are on Snapchat and you have screen  usage.    Nothing really looks too wild.  When you are in the general area of looking at your battery usage, there is an optimize option.   That should be high, close to 90 or more.   Optimize things and reboot.  Maybe keep your screen brightness lower. I do not know just how heavy of a user you are so it is hard for me to make any judgment on your battery usage.

Guys, don't use the built in "optimizer" for at least a week after an update.  Let the OS put apps to sleep that you don't use which will also improve battery life.   

I ended up reverting back to the latest Marshmallow 935U rom. Hate the worse battery life of the Nougat roms.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Need some help..today my wife's s7 started sending duplicate messages sometimes 3 times..any idea of what's happening?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Noticed that I was getting these on my phone. Thought it was because of the phone sending it to me, until it happened on a text from my bank. I now believe it is happening because of network upgrades or modifications in my area.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

I was receiving the duplicates on my note 5 but I haven't been sending multiplies. My wife also said her friend mentioned that she was receiving multiple duplicates from my wife. So I pretty much think her phone is the culprit.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

In my case I am the one receiving the duplicate texts. Looking through my text it is happening when I receive text from users on sprint, AT&T, Verizon or chase text alerts. But it is only happening when I am in one specific area of town. They are all 5 minutes apart. While it could be your wife's phone it might also be the area of where you are when you receive the text if everyone is on Sprint. So far no one has told me that they are getting duplicate text from me. However it is annoying to get these duplicate text when I am busy working on stuff.

Hope you figure it out on your end.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so what is the new bloatware from Sprint?? "Carrier call utility" The new renamed my Sprint? I still have notifications and permissions blocked on it. I re deleted the cached data on it.

It's a replacement for Sprint Zone. Much better app.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Does the S7 have a different implementation of WiFi calling vs. older devices?  I know on my Note 4 my phone radio was off when connected, the S7 still shows network signal.

Also, while I'll miss my Note 4, it seems the S7 holds on to fringe LTE better (and obviously the CA B41 helps in performance, too)

Does the S7 have a different implementation of WiFi calling vs. older devices? I know on my Note 4 my phone radio was off when connected, the S7 still shows network signal.

I was going to ask the same question the other day and forgot. I'm wondering the same. My previous phones did not stay connected to cellular when connected to wifi calling.

Drove to the Samsung repair center in Los Angeles & got a new battery for free under warranty. Battery life is amazing now!

• Like 2

Drove to the Samsung repair center in Los Angeles & got a new battery for free under warranty. Battery life is amazing now!

There's a Samsung repair center in Los Angeles? What did you have to tell them. Will they do the pink line repair there too?

There's a Samsung repair center in Los Angeles? What did you have to tell them. Will they do the pink line repair there too?

I told them my battery life is unusually bad and that it drains really fast. They put in a new battery and flashed the phone to the latest Nougat rom.

Pink line warranty should be no problem.

• Like 2