Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge User Thread

SturgeonGeneral

If you have bought a GS7 Edge or Note 7 since August 3:  Are you aware that Samsung is offering your choice of a free Fit2 fitness tracker or a free memory chip for GS7 Edge & Note 7 buyers.  Check the Sprint web site for details.  My daughter's phone died a couple of weeks ago and she bought a GS7 Edge on my account.  The reselling store was not aware of the promotion, but I was shopping at a local Best Buy for a Fit2 for my other daughter, and they told me about it.  I pulled up the Installment Agreement for the GS7 Edge and submitted it through the Samsung web site, and just received a verification that the purchase qualifies and that I should get the Fit2 "within 12 weeks".  $179 retail value. 

• Like 1

Question for those of you that have owned this device for quite sometime now.  Where is the data activity indicator while your using LTE data?  Did they do away with the upload and download arrows on the S7?

Question for those of you that have owned this device for quite sometime now.  Where is the data activity indicator while your using LTE data?  Did they do away with the upload and download arrows on the S7?

No more activity arrows or spinning sunflowers. Webpages just load without the distraction.

The latest flagships on sprint all perform pretty well in my opinion.  The htc 10 performs really well if you would like to stick with htc, the s7/s7e/n7, g5 perform pretty good as well.

Would love to stick with HTC.  I don't love the Samsung interface.  But just based on the camera & display reviews I think I'm going to either do the S7 or maybe the Nexus 6P.

No more activity arrows or spinning sunflowers. Webpages just load without the distraction.

Would love to stick with HTC. I don't love the Samsung interface. But just based on the camera & display reviews I think I'm going to either do the S7 or maybe the Nexus 6P.

I was a loyal HTC user, but the 10 was released too late for me and I went with the S7. Wireless Charging and Samsung Pay are the bomb. Touchwiz was a bit jarring after Sense, but a different launcher mitigates the impact. All in all, I'm happy with this phone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7

• Like 1

My S7 got the September security update. No sign of 3x CA in the engineering screens. I admittedly didn't pay attention to the change log.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Change log found:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-discussion?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdiscussions%2F225045

I'll test SMS over wifi later today hopefully. That's been what's holding me back from using wifi calling at work up until now.

• Like 2

Change log found:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-discussion?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdiscussions%2F225045

I'll test SMS over wifi later today hopefully. That's been what's holding me back from using wifi calling at work up until now.

The non-community page only lists "Android Security Patches", so that's weird. Plus I'm on the September 1 patch and the link you mentioned says August. https://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find-and-update-the-software-version-on-your-Samsung-Galaxy-S7/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB95567-dvc10180008prd?INTNAV=SU:DP:OV:UG:SamsungGalaxyS732gb:FindAndUpdateTheSoftwareVersionOnYourSamsungGalaxy

• Like 1

Does anyone know why kind of modem/radio is in the G930F variant? I'm trying to find out if it's 4x4 MIMO capable.

It should be, given all US Galaxy S7 models are using Snapdragon X12. That said, I don't know if Permissive Changes are being filed for the GS7 models on carriers other than T-Mobile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thinking about getting a S7(non edge) only question is will it work with a MHL adapter. My note 4 did but x pure doesn't. Thanks all.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

The mhl adapter I used with my s3 and s5 does not fit easily into my s7 edge. I don't wanna force it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

The mhl adapter I used with my s3 and s5 does not fit easily into my s7 edge. I don't wanna force it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I've read the same online, some people sanded it down to fit but got mixed results of it working or not. Doing some research some say it's a module in the phones not software. I bought a cheaper one at bestbuy for my note 4, if the Samsung one works with the s7 I'll just get it. I miss watching YouTube or twitch on my tv.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Update to the always on display feature... Go to settings > display > always on display > about always on display and click to update.

I use the feature and now there are more clock options, colors, and background images. I think you can use any background image you want now. Which is cool, but will probably eat more battery than just using the clock/calendar.

• Like 4