LG G5 User Thread (LG-LS992)

lilotimz

Does anyone else have GPS issues with their G5?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

My dad did majorly. He ended up sending it back twice to LG before it got resolved. He thinks his car holster was squeezing the phone too tightly on the sides and causing the GPS antenna to get damaged. When he got it back the last time he switched to a new holster and has had no problems since.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Got a system update notification this morning, appears to just be another security update though after installing (ZVB).

I will be curious if it has limited calling plus support, ie if on WiFi calling and you leave area, call continues on LTE with data support continuing as well. This was included but not mentioned in last LG V20 update.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

So, my power button has gradually been working less and less and has gotten to the point where it barely works.  I'm mildly concerned that if I turn it off, I won't be able to turn it back on.  Is anyone else experiencing similar behavior?

- Trip

So, my power button has gradually been working less and less and has gotten to the point where it barely works.  I'm mildly concerned that if I turn it off, I won't be able to turn it back on.  Is anyone else experiencing similar behavior?

- Trip

The G5 for me was one of the worst quality handsets ive ever owned. First one died out of the blue (no screen after 2 weeks) second one the volume down button stopped working, the third one right out of the box, the power button was stuck! Luckily I opened it at the store to avoid them thinking im the one causing the issue. 

Too bad really, cause I thoroughly enjoyed the device when it was operational. But enough rambling, this is what I ended up ordering before selling it off to fix the rear button issue.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-G5-H820-H830-H831-VS987-LS992-Home-Button-Fingerprint-Sensor-Power-Flex-Cable-/201880540598?var=&hash=item2f010495b6:m:mXxsqvpo5mvMoG4lH9HV20g

Unless of course your under warranty (then its a free fix)

So, my power button has gradually been working less and less and has gotten to the point where it barely works. I'm mildly concerned that if I turn it off, I won't be able to turn it back on. Is anyone else experiencing similar behavior?

- Trip

Haven't had issues with power button...yet. Like others have mentioned my volume keys quit working and now my GPS quit working too. I believe I'm going take a loss and get the HTC U11 next.

- Trip

Have this issue too. Started not long after I got it. Thought I did something to the phone... it had been in the back pocket of my cycling jersey after a long ride and was damp with sweat, so I figured that was the problem. I can turn it on and off, though turning off is difficult because it doesn't always respond. Turning on always works though for some reason. I've gotten to the point where I never use the power button unless I need to restart the phone. I just double tap on the screen to turn it on and off.

The only issue with my wife and I's 'bought-brand-new' G5's is that for mine, the vibration functionality stopped working at some point.  I know its been dropped a few times (though I have a fairly sturdy UAG case), so there's a possibility I'm at fault there.  Otherwise, no issue at all with ours.  

I did get a manufacturer refurbished one for my wife's daughter's line, and the first one while working flawlessly for a week and a half just suddenly died - no power/responsiveness at all, switched battery made no difference and even plugging it in would not light up in charge mode while off.   On the 2nd refurb now, so far so good.

Well I took my phone to the Sprint store regarding the GPS and they replaced it. Sucks having to reinstall all the apps and get it set back up to the way I want it but having a working GPS is worth it I guess. [emoji6]

• Like 1

Tested going from WiFi Calling to LTE with latest - failed. Thus no limited support of calling plus.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I bought a used LG G5 on craigslist and it has terrible connection issues.  Parks on 3G, connects to B41 but gets under 1Mbps, missed calls, texts thru hangouts don't come in until i connect to my WiFi.  Sprint has switched out the Sim card and it's still acting like this.  What would be causing this?  Should i try a hard reset? I sent back a G6 because i bought it before they cut the price but that thing was rock solid. Might have to buy another one now 

Sits like this

Wow.... That is very strange. My G5 has been very reliable for the last year. There are either network issues in your area, or there is something wrong with the phone. See if a tech can't check it out and maybe replace it?

Sent from my LG G5

I have been to Sprint twice and they replaced the Sim card but said all the tests check out and there's no problems in my area. It's bad so I have no idea what to do now. I was thinking maybe it has to do with the bottom chin that snaps on and maybe the antenna is in there and not making good connection. No idea.

I have been to Sprint twice and they replaced the Sim card but said all the tests check out and there's no problems in my area. It's bad so I have no idea what to do now. I was thinking maybe it has to do with the bottom chin that snaps on and maybe the antenna is in there and not making good connection. No idea.

That sucks man.

Hope you didn't pay a lot for it.

Yeah. I only paid $125 for it so I'm not too worried but I don't understand what could be the problem. What kind of hardware problems could there be? I haven't tried to hard reset it yet but I'll probably try that and see if maybe that fixes anything. Then go back to Sprint and see what they say again. Maybe just buy a G6 on eBay for around $330

Yeah. I only paid $125 for it so I'm not too worried but I don't understand what could be the problem. What kind of hardware problems could there be? I haven't tried to hard reset it yet but I'll probably try that and see if maybe that fixes anything. Then go back to Sprint and see what they say again. Maybe just buy a G6 on eBay for around $330

I'd definitely do a hard factory reset. Sounds to me like an antenna problem. Another phone is showing service and that one is not?

• Like 1

Sits like this

For how long?  Mine will sometimes take up to 30 or 45 seconds to get the signal back if it loses it because I'm in a Metro tunnel or something, and it looks just like that.  (I usually toggle Airplane Mode to get it back in a hurry, though it can still take 10-15 seconds after that.)

- Trip

• Like 1

The only issue with my wife and I's 'bought-brand-new' G5's is that for mine, the vibration functionality stopped working at some point.

Ironically, somehow this appears to have been an update problem at some point because suddenly after installing the latest update, my phone is vibrating normally again. :blink:

• Like 3

I've had it sit there until I reboot or cycle airplane mode.

Weird thing just happened this morning. Phone was connected to WiFi and charging all night and I just got blasted with 9 texts and Facebook messages from 12 hours ago. So it must not be a network issue but rather something going on with my phone. I'll try a hard reset at work today I think. Any other ideas tho?

I'd definitely do a hard factory reset. Sounds to me like an antenna problem. Another phone is showing service and that one is not?

Any idea if there's any known antenna problems? Is the antenna in the bottom removable part? I thought about buying a new one of those but kind of doubt it would fix it.

I should have bought the cam plus add on when I saw it for $6!

Edited by nathanfish86

Any idea if there's any known antenna problems? Is the antenna in the bottom removable part? I thought about buying a new one of those but kind of doubt it would fix it.

I should have bought the cam plus add on when I saw it for $6!

The antenna is in the main back on the phone, not in the removable portion.