LG G5 User Thread (LG-LS992)

lilotimz

3xCA was enabled via profile update. That was a simple switch that didn't require a full OS update.

A zombie eating dinner I'm telling you that was too much for me to type thank you very much for saying that

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Yes, I spotted 3xCA a few days before the Inauguration here in DC on the one tower I've seen with third carrier.

- Trip

Did you actually get 50% faster speeds than CA?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Confimed ZV9, updated after work. Unless/until Sprint says otherwise it just appears to be a security patch from November to January 1st. Kernel version/everything else on the software screen shows the same between mine and my wife's G5.

I don't do speed tests (3GB plan shared with my wife) so I wouldn't know. But the proof is here:

http://imgur.com/kwOBG9k

- Trip

The site is ready for 3xCA but the network may not be ready. Our 8T8r sites in Columbus are that way, but their performance has dropped dramatically with tested sites only offering performance typical of one carrier. Same phone and location will show no difference between CA and 3xCA. CA on Mini Macro sites (former Clear) easily outperforms them and are basically holding our network together.

The site is ready for 3xCA but the network may not be ready. Our 8T8r sites in Columbus are that way, but their performance has dropped dramatically with tested sites only offering performance typical of one carrier. Same phone and location will show no difference between CA and 3xCA. CA on Mini Macro sites (former Clear) easily outperforms them and are basically holding our network together.

The engineering screen is in the background.  It has a PCC and two SCCs.

- Trip

The engineering screen is in the background. It has a PCC and two SCCs.

- Trip

Reread my first sentence in the last post [emoji6]

Reread my first sentence in the last post [emoji6]

I'm confused.  You must mean something different from what I think you mean; I thought you were referencing the fact that I was connected to sector 43 but hadn't noticed the SCC line at the bottom.  What do you mean then?

- Trip

Our sites are ready for 3xCA like yours (three pcis/earfcns), but the Sprint network is NOT 3xCA because there is no increase in speed using a 3xCA device compared a CA device. Performance improvement should be approximately 50%.

Our sites are ready for 3xCA like yours (three pcis/earfcns), but the Sprint network is NOT 3xCA because there is no increase in speed using a 3xCA device compared a CA device. Performance improvement should be approximately 50%.

On the sites I have tested here (Springfield) the speeds are the same as 2xCA was. On a certain site I would almost always get around 100Mbps. With 3xCA, I am still getting around or just below 100Mbps. It's clearly greater than one carrier, but there was no boost from the 2xCA speeds. 

• Like 2

This may be an odd question, but its something I'd been noticing both before and after this latest Feb/ZV9 update, probably a Nougat thing (I don't remember ever experiencing it prior to the Nougat update):  does anyone else run into an issue where, for example (and my example is the most typical iteration of it), you're reading something from your Google Now feed, and then you press back, and instead of going instantly back to where you were, the system has re-opened an app you previously had been accessing instead first?

This may be an odd question, but its something I'd been noticing both before and after this latest Feb/ZV9 update, probably a Nougat thing (I don't remember ever experiencing it prior to the Nougat update):  does anyone else run into an issue where, for example (and my example is the most typical iteration of it), you're reading something from your Google Now feed, and then you press back, and instead of going instantly back to where you were, the system has re-opened an app you previously had been accessing instead first?

I experience that with other apps. My phone has ran like garbage since the update. I have already wiped the phone once. Since doing that wipe I have apps that randomly say they have stopped working. I can open up Instagram and it will just freeze and I have to swipe it closed then open again for it to work. Right ow Bitmoji won't open at all. Google Messenger delays sending text. When I used Textra LED notifications weren't always working. 

The only app I ever have the random 'stopped working' message with is my Flashlight+LED app, but then that happens without my even trying to use it or having opened it previously.  I haven't had any performance issues at all since the update either, or after the initial Nougat update for that matter, just the weird usage experience/behavior involving the back button when trying to back up to the previous screen as described above.

The only app I ever have the random 'stopped working' message with is my Flashlight+LED app, but then that happens without my even trying to use it or having opened it previously.  I haven't had any performance issues at all since the update either, or after the initial Nougat update for that matter, just the weird usage experience/behavior involving the back button when trying to back up to the previous screen as described above.

Yea I haven't been happy since the update. Already had to have one of my cameras replaced.

• 1 month later...

My G5 is asking me to do an update.  I'm about to run out the door, so I can't run it yet.

- Trip

Yes, appears to just be Android security update patch unless/until Sprint posts otherwise...software version is now LS9932ZVA.  Sprint has nothing up yet on their website with details.

Nothing on LG either: http://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000027-20150154886209-software-updates

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else been experiencing issues with Google Now feeds blanking out until you reboot? It's been happening to me periodically even before the latest update so I don't think it's related to that.

• Like 1

Has anyone else been experiencing issues with Google Now feeds blanking out until you reboot? It's been happening to me periodically even before the latest update so I don't think it's related to that.

I just had this happen to me yesterday and after I cleared Google Now and Google data / cache it worked.  My cache had built up to almost 200MB, so I'm wondering if was related.  I am on the latest May update though as well.  Nexus 6P for me...

I just had this happen to me yesterday and after I cleared Google Now and Google data / cache it worked.  My cache had built up to almost 200MB, so I'm wondering if was related.  I am on the latest May update though as well.  Nexus 6P for me...

Pretty sure I've tried that as well as (though not in awhile at this point) even uninstalling/reinstalling but the intermittent issue still remains. I could never tell if its a bug that got introduced at some point or some Android update/version conflict, but given your post I'm starting to feel it may be the former of the two.

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering if this is somehow related to a memory/memory usage issue.  I inadvertently discovered that if I punch the square/'Overview' button and do a Clear All, then go back into the Google app, suddenly it will work again when this happens.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...