HTC 10 Rumor Thread (Was HTC One M10 Rumor Thread)

Overstew

Well, there still isn't any news regarding definitive Sprint soecifications on the HTC 10. While Sprint did put out that press release announcing the HTC 10, it is very odd HTC  is not blisting the spectrum specifications Sprint uses on its network. So far, not a good sign. Hopefully it'll get announced soon, or else i8t is going to be some months where the Samsung S7 remains the clear leader of Sprint devices.

a13bc9cb.jpg

AJ

• Like 1

Well, there still isn't any news regarding definitive Sprint soecifications on the HTC 10. While Sprint did put out that press release announcing the HTC 10, it is very odd HTC  is not blisting the spectrum specifications Sprint uses on its network. So far, not a good sign. Hopefully it'll get announced soon, or else i8t is going to be some months where the Samsung S7 remains the clear leader of Sprint devices.

I haven't seen anything in the FCC yet either.  That does not mean it's not coming, though. But I do think it'll probably be delayed, judging by what I have heard.

That sort of implies that the HTC 10 will only have 2xCA.

I'm not so sure. I think it reiterates that Sprint currently has Two-channel carrier aggregation live that the HTC 10 will be able to take advantage of. It's more of an outline of the Network's current capabilities as opposed to the phones capabilities.

I'm not so sure. I think it reiterates that Sprint currently has Two-channel carrier aggregation live that the HTC 10 will be able to take advantage of. It's more of an outline of the Network's current capabilities as opposed to the phones capabilities.

My thoughts as well. Cannot jump to conclusions based on that press release, there is no reason to believe the HTC 10 won't have 3xCA on board. 

• Like 1

Well, it seems like there is going to be a CDMA version of the HTC 10 on Verizon, at least :

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2016/04/verizon-allows-test-drive-promos-htc-10-pre-order.html

However, I find it absolutely ridiculous that there still is no information available listed anywhere online regarding the technical specifications of the CDMA version. I am tempted though to get the unlocked version on preorder, then to transfer over to Cricket's new Unlimited plan from T-Mobile. I'll get the $100 discount HTC is offering on its website using the promotional code, then the $100 offer Cricket has for those who port over to Cricket from T-Mobile. I really liked the AT&T network experience I had on Cricket when I tried it some time ago, just didn't like the phone I had with them. Cricket had much better signal than T-Mobile. Still, I do want to go back to Sprint, though without much information, such as will it be 3xca or 2xca, etc., I don't want to pass on an opportunity such as the discounts that are being offered right now for something I'm sure of will be a great, reliable network experience.

With Sprint, I really want to have a 3xca device. So, I'll have some thinking to do about this tonight, as I'll want to preorder by tomorrow, if I decide to go that route.

Well, it seems like there is going to be a CDMA version of the HTC 10 on Verizon, at least :

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2016/04/verizon-allows-test-drive-promos-htc-10-pre-order.html

However, I find it absolutely ridiculous that there still is no information available listed anywhere online regarding the technical specifications of the CDMA version. I am tempted though to get the unlocked version on preorder, then to transfer over to Cricket's new Unlimited plan from T-Mobile. I'll get the $100 discount HTC is offering on its website using the promotional code, then the $100 offer Cricket has for those who port over to Cricket from T-Mobile. I really liked the AT&T network experience I had on Cricket when I tried it some time ago, just didn't like the phone I had with them. Cricket had much better signal than T-Mobile. Still, I do want to go back to Sprint, though without much information, such as will it be 3xca or 2xca, etc., I don't want to pass on an opportunity such as the discounts that are being offered right now for something I'm sure of will be a great, reliable network experience.

With Sprint, I really want to have a 3xca device. So, I'll have some thinking to do about this tonight, as I'll want to preorder by tomorrow, if I decide to go that route.

The advantage for Sprint taking so long for their variant to be announced just means there's special enhancements that are delaying it. I wouldn't doubt at all that it'll be 3xCA capable.
  • Like 3

The advantage for Sprint taking so long for their variant to be announced just means there's special enhancements that are delaying it. I wouldn't doubt at all that it'll be 3xCA capable.

I hope you're right. HTC needs to make this as best as it can be on Sprint in order to compete with the Samsung Galaxy S7 devices. At least there isn't going to be much competition from LG though, since LG pretty much ruined its flagship this year with specifications that don't even match those the Samsung Galaxy S7 has. What upset me the most, is that the B&O HiFi audio module is reported not to be released in the U.S. at all. A few sites mentioned it won't even work on U.S. LG G5 models. Although, if anyone has experience with the module working with another U.S. smartphone via the USB-C connector or a U.S. PC, please let me know if it works or not. If it does, I'd love to buy it and connect it with the HTC 10.

You make it sound as if there is still some doubt as to whether or not there will be a Sprint version. There will be. There is no question.

• Like 4

When you buy the HTC 10 from HTC.com, you get more value and a greater level of freedom with a special SIM unlocked edition that comes with unique benefits.

Less pre-loaded software.
Unnecessary pre-loaded applications (bloat ware) have been removed from the unlocked HTC 10. You’ll enjoy a clutter-free experience that is completely customizable.

You’ll be able to switch carriers at will with the HTC 10 unlocked edition.
Simply insert your AT&T or T-Mobile SIM to begin using your HTC 10.* Sprint compatibility requires separate hardware – HTC 10 customers switching to Sprint will need to purchase a compatible device.

Free UH OH Protection.
If you crack your screen during the first 12 months you own your unlocked HTC 10, we'll replace it for free. UH OH Protection also covers water damage.

International travel can be a lot easier too.
A SIM unlocked phone allows you to switch SIMs to the local carrier of your choice, maximizing your coverage and minimizing your cost.

Your HTC warranty even covers bootloader unlocking on the HTC 10!
For more bootloader unlocking info, visit www.htcdev.com

*AT&T, T-Mobile, Metro PCS, Alaska Communications, Cricket, Walmart Family Mobile, Straight Talk and Next 10 customers can use an unlocked HTC 10 today.

From HTC site.  My own edit in red.

• Like 1

You make it sound as if there is still some doubt as to whether or not there will be a Sprint version. There will be. There is no question.

I realize there will be one, though it is questionable what the specifications will be. Everyone here I'm sure is hoping the device will have 3xca, but we don't know that yet. People were surprised after the Samsung S7 was 3xca that the LG G5 was only 2xca. So it really isn't sure yet what variety it will be. Also, considering LG not having the B&O hifi module available in the U.S., it isn't out of the range of possibility that HTC may have different features on the HTC 10. Since HTC hasn't revealed the specifications of the CDMA version while doing so regarding the GSM version, it is possible HTC has other things planned with the CDMA version, perhaps even with all the carrier versions potentially differing from the unlocked version. Otherwise, why not introduce the specifications for all versions at the same time.

While it may not end up being all that different, these are issues to consider, and is even more thought provoking for those between decisions on whether to get the unlocked version on preorder, or else wait. Especially considering the promotional discount still in effect.

I realize there will be one, though it is questionable what the specifications will be. Everyone here I'm sure is hoping the device will have 3xca, but we don't know that yet. People were surprised after the Samsung S7 was 3xca that the LG G5 was only 2xca. So it really isn't sure yet what variety it will be. Also, considering LG not having the B&O hifi module available in the U.S., it isn't out of the range of possibility that HTC may have different features on the HTC 10. Since HTC hasn't revealed the specifications of the CDMA version while doing so regarding the GSM version, it is possible HTC has other things planned with the CDMA version, perhaps even with all the carrier versions potentially differing from the unlocked version. Otherwise, why not introduce the specifications for all versions at the same time.

While it may not end up being all that different, these are issues to consider, and is even more thought provoking for those between decisions on whether to get the unlocked version on preorder, or else wait. Especially considering the promotional discount still in effect.

Not me, why would you need 3xca when 2xca is more than enough. I get from 50 mbps to around 100 mbps on my note 5 and that's way more than what I need

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Not me, why would you need 3xca when 2xca is more than enough. I get from 50 mbps to around 100 mbps on my note 5 and that's way more than what I need

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Well, some people are fine with having only 2xca. Others though want 3xca, as there may be more than just speed involved. It gives the device access to more of the band 41 spectrum, I think, or at least a more wideband form of it, easing on congestion issues on the device during peak times when congestion is more likely to occur.

• Like 1

Logically what you say makes sense, but for a tech enthusiast community that spends a lot of money on a new phone supposed to last at least 2 years and for a community that finds it fun to go tower spotting even with the wife in the car, not having 3x CA will really suck once the speed test photos start rolling in. This will cause us to get the itch and to upgrade only a year into our contract. Also, for people not on Sprint with its big B41 bandwidth pipes, this 3x CA will come in handy for those folks as they see their speeds drop.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the US version of the HTC 10 will include the "high-res" earphones?

No! Just international skus

This article claims the wifi antenna has major issues & suffers from "grip of death":

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/04/19/htc-10-review-a-very-good-phone-but-one-that-costs-too-much-money/

Only one reviewer has claimed that. As others have said it is in par or better with regard to wifi than current phones out. So they may have a bad unit more than likely.

Only one reviewer has claimed that. As others have said it is in par or better with regard to wifi than current phones out. So they may have a bad unit more than likely.

Maybe they had a dud, or turned on power saver mode?  No idea, it just seems unlikely that most of the reviews would not include that type of testing and/or not notice it.

The one rechnical aspect I really don't like about this device, is why only have a 24-bit DAC, why not a 32-bit DAC as in the LG V10, or even better yet a dual 32-bit DAC system as what powers the Vivo XPlay 5 Elite's audio system. Also questionable is the display. Some reviewers have taken notice if how thick the HTC 10 is, probably due to the backlight. Although, considering the extra space already there why not go ahead put the front facing stereo speakers on there that many HTC enthusiasts love, then ass along the higher quality dual DAC system.

With those in place, HTC could have marketed this as the ultimate "pure" smartphone, with pure colors from the display and the purest sound quality. Instead, the HTC 10 already is receiving criticism from certain reviewers, yet the device isn't officially being sold yet. Also not to forget, the specifications of the carrier branded devices are not public informaion currently, though the preorder information for the Verizon model has been given. It doesn't make sense to tell people when a device is going to be available on a carrier without also confirming the compatibility specifications. I'm almost to the point of deciding to wait for the Sony X Performance or X Premium.

I'm obviously a member here and I'm super excited for the 10. I consider myself more knowledgeable than the average user, but TBH once NV fully came to my area I've stopped following all the latest developments on LTE stuff, etc. I was mostly concerned previously about random coverage holes, but B26 really took care of that in my area. I have LTE practically everywhere I go. I don't need 20, 50, 100+ Mbps on my phone. It's at the point now where I don't even think about / wonder what band I'm on. Not that I don't care -- but I don't need to care because it works consistently and reliably. Which definitely was not the case for me in some areas pre-NV.

While 2xCA and 3xCA is great, the average user has no clue and does not care at all. As long as it says "LTE" and they have a reasonable amount of "bars" they are fine.

So, I really don't think all of these "issues" will even impact 1% of the people who will potentially buy this phone. I have had nothing but HTC phones since 2011. I've used Samsungs a few times and Touch Wiz is cheesy at best. Sense is really where it's at in terms of premium UI functionality and looks and IMO that is what sells a phone more than anything. (Not to forget, of course, what colors it comes in).

• Like 2

Logically what you say makes sense, but for a tech enthusiast community that spends a lot of money on a new phone supposed to last at least 2 years and for a community that finds it fun to go tower spotting even with the wife in the car, not having 3x CA will really suck once the speed test photos start rolling in. This will cause us to get the itch and to upgrade only a year into our contract. Also, for people not on Sprint with its big B41 bandwidth pipes, this 3x CA will come in handy for those folks as they see their speeds drop.

Tech enthusiasts won't keep one phone for 2 years, they would more than likely run through several devices during that time. I am as excited for 3xCA as anyone else but in reality 2x is more than enough. In many areas around me I am averaging 100mb down all day and night. What would I possibly be doing on my phone that warrants that kind of speed much less anything faster?

• Like 1