HTC 10 Rumor Thread (Was HTC One M10 Rumor Thread)

Overstew

Verizon store only got 2 .. Said its not a hot phone they probably won't get anymore

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I do hope those who are getting the device like it. I don't hate the HTC 10, and I'd much prefer it to the LG G5 which has much worse marketing and false hype than the HTC 10 has. It is pathetic that the US buyers of the LG G5 can't even get the B&O HiFi Audio module here. My issue with the HTC 10 is only four things. It didn't end up having an AMOLED display that was rumored early on. It doesn't have full waterproofing. HTC isn't listing the specifics of its HiFi Audio system, other than mentioning 24-bit audio that seems to rule out the top-of-the-line 32-bit ESS Sabre the LG V10 has (well, the 2nd top-of-the-line 9018, not the newer 9028 my hopefully soon to arrive Vivo XPlay 5 Elite will have). Then there is the issue of which version of carrier aggregation does the HTC 10 have. HTC really ought to have revealed its full technical specifications at launch.

However, the HTC 10 is a great alternative to the LG G5 and a decent alternative in some ways to the Samsung Galaxy S7, but I'd still prefer getting the Edge version, then adding on a portable headphone amp/dac with it. Actually, I'm considering that option if the Vivo gets delayed again. 

I do hope those who are getting the device like it. I don't hate the HTC 10, and I'd much prefer it to the LG G5 which has much worse marketing and false hype than the HTC 10 has. It is pathetic that the US buyers of the LG G5 can't even get the B&O HiFi Audio module here. My issue with the HTC 10 is only four things. It didn't end up having an AMOLED display that was rumored early on. It doesn't have full waterproofing. HTC isn't listing the specifics of its HiFi Audio system, other than mentioning 24-bit audio that seems to rule out the top-of-the-line 32-bit ESS Sabre the LG V10 has (well, the 2nd top-of-the-line 9018, not the newer 9028 my hopefully soon to arrive Vivo XPlay 5 Elite will have). Then there is the issue of which version of carrier aggregation does the HTC 10 have. HTC really ought to have revealed its full technical specifications at launch.

However, the HTC 10 is a great alternative to the LG G5 and a decent alternative in some ways to the Samsung Galaxy S7, but I'd still prefer getting the Edge version, then adding on a portable headphone amp/dac with it. Actually, I'm considering that option if the Vivo gets delayed again.

http://www.engadget.com/2016/05/09/htc-q1-2016-financial-results/ well HTC can't expect much going forward. I have the device it is to date the best HTC phone ever released.. I have seen no marketing for this phone in the US.. At&t is not even getting the phone Verizon store only got 2 nobody in the store knew that it even launched on that Thursday. Sprint had a little press release of when you could pre order it and t mobile hasn't said anything

• Like 1

How's everyone liking the device?  Personally, I am actually wanting to go back to the GS7.  At work, my DAS system doesn't reach some areas, so I rely on WiFi calling.  However, WiFi calling seems to be very inconsistent on the unlocked variant.  That and the lack of wireless charging has gotten me spoiled.  I initially got this device for rooting/modding but I've had nothing but a frustrating experience so far with it, so I think it's going back.

How's everyone liking the device? Personally, I am actually wanting to go back to the GS7. At work, my DAS system doesn't reach some areas, so I rely on WiFi calling. However, WiFi calling seems to be very inconsistent on the unlocked variant. That and the lack of wireless charging has gotten me spoiled. I initially got this device for rooting/modding but I've had nothing but a frustrating experience so far with it, so I think it's going back.

I can't wait for Sprint to begin selling the damn device lol. I'm up for an upgrade but I'm waiting to see how well the device fairs on Sprint's network. Ive had nothing but good experience with HTC devices when it comes to signal strength in the past. So I'm hoping it's the same case with this one, if and when Sprint decides to sell it lol.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I can't wait for Sprint to begin selling the damn device lol. I'm up for an upgrade but I'm waiting to see how well the device fairs on Sprint's network. Ive had nothing but good experience with HTC devices when it comes to signal strength in the past. So I'm hoping it's the same case with this one, if and when Sprint decides to sell it lol.

Just a few more days for Sprint users. We'll have to see if it is indeed 3xCA capable. It looks like it does support VoLTE which means it's likely only 2xCA like the G5 and you'd think Sprint would continue to boast 3xCA if it were capable.
  • Like 1

I do hope those who are getting the device like it. I don't hate the HTC 10, and I'd much prefer it to the LG G5 which has much worse marketing and false hype than the HTC 10 has. It is pathetic that the US buyers of the LG G5 can't even get the B&O HiFi Audio module here. My issue with the HTC 10 is only four things. It didn't end up having an AMOLED display that was rumored early on. It doesn't have full waterproofing. HTC isn't listing the specifics of its HiFi Audio system, other than mentioning 24-bit audio that seems to rule out the top-of-the-line 32-bit ESS Sabre the LG V10 has (well, the 2nd top-of-the-line 9018, not the newer 9028 my hopefully soon to arrive Vivo XPlay 5 Elite will have). Then there is the issue of which version of carrier aggregation does the HTC 10 have. HTC really ought to have revealed its full technical specifications at launch.

However, the HTC 10 is a great alternative to the LG G5 and a decent alternative in some ways to the Samsung Galaxy S7, but I'd still prefer getting the Edge version, then adding on a portable headphone amp/dac with it. Actually, I'm considering that option if the Vivo gets delayed again. 

I'm not an audiophile so I can't make sense of all these numbers, but there seems to be some numbers in this video comparing the HTC 10 and the LG V10.

Not sure what numbers indicate which is the superior phone in this benchmark. 

This forum thread should help a little too.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/805716/htc-one-m-10-vs-lg-v10-in-audio-quality

In any case, this Sunday I will be switching back to Sprint and picking up the HTC 10 and selling my S7 Edge. I can't wait back to be back on Sprint and back to using an HTC, cuz gosh I can't stand Touchwiz.  :frantic:

• Like 4

http://www.engadget.com/2016/05/09/htc-q1-2016-financial-results/ well HTC can't expect much going forward. I have the device it is to date the best HTC phone ever released.. I have seen no marketing for this phone in the US.. At&t is not even getting the phone Verizon store only got 2 nobody in the store knew that it even launched on that Thursday. Sprint had a little press release of when you could pre order it and t mobile hasn't said anything

How is the display on the HTC 10? Some sites reviewing it say it is bad, while others say it is quite good.

Also, I'd really like to know why AT&T isn't selling the device. I think they ought to do so, regardless of whatever reason they may have not to. If the reason were important enough, then I'd figure other carriers wouldn't have it for the same/similar reasoning. Very Strange

Just a few more days for Sprint users. We'll have to see if it is indeed 3xCA capable. It looks like it does support VoLTE which means it's likely only 2xCA like the G5 and you'd think Sprint would continue to boast 3xCA if it were capable.

So 3XCA is still unknown for this device? Dang this the most "mysterious" I've ever heard of lol. Almost seems like they are not giving this device much importance.

I'm not an audiophile so I can't make sense of all these numbers, but there seems to be some numbers in this video comparing the HTC 10 and the LG V10.

Not sure what numbers indicate is the superior phone in this benchmark. 

This forum thread should help a little too.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/805716/htc-one-m-10-vs-lg-v10-in-audio-quality

In any case, this Sunday I will be switching back to Sprint and picking up the HTC 10 and selling my S7 Edge. I can't wait back to be back on Sprint and back to using an HTC, cuz gosh I can't stand Touchwiz.  :frantic:

Oh, very nice!!! Thank you for the links, especially HeadFi, as it is an excellent site!

Actually, I've been spending several hours reading HeadFi the past few weeks researching various in-ear headphones, just haven't tried searching there for information about the HTC 10's audio system. I've only tried looking on XDA developers for it, until checking the link you posted. Seems people there like the audio on the HTC 10, which is quite promising. Perhaps more information will be revealed as certain smartphone enthusiasts take apart the HTC 10 to check its internals. Regardless though of what HTC is using, it is good they at least are doing something to improve the audio.

Nonetheless. it is very important to not only have a good dac/amp audio system for operating headphones on a smartphone and other wireless devices, but also a good pair of headphones. I prefer the in-ear type, also the around-the-ear type is good too, but I really dislike on-the-ear types and earbud-types, as they give a horrible fit. The other important issue is checking for impedance compatibility between the dac/amp and the headphone so that there isn't any hissing noises in the audio. I think smartphones such as the HTC 10, LG V10, and the Vivo Xplay 5 Elite ought to be fine though, as the main concern with this likely is when someone decides to use a separate dac/amp unit, rather than a built-in system. I'm still going to check though to see if these smartphone manufacturers list this information though, and if I find anything relating to the impedance levels, I'll post the information here on S4GRU.

• Like 2

How is the display on the HTC 10? Some sites reviewing it say it is bad, while others say it is quite good.

Also, I'd really like to know why AT&T isn't selling the device. I think they ought to do so, regardless of whatever reason they may have not to. If the reason were important enough, then I'd figure other carriers wouldn't have it for the same/similar reasoning. Very Strange

The display is fantstic, sure its not going to have that pop compared to an samoled screen but its still a really good display.

• Like 3

I'm going to be very honest when I say this. This is the best device HTC has ever released by far. The screen doesn't get as bright or as vibrant as the Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge, but the screen is a lot better than the LG g5. Performance on this device is phenomenal no lag almost stock experience it's great.. battery life is phenomenal as well it's a lot better than my Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.. the audio quality is the best I've ever heard in a smartphone it doesn't get as loud as the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus but the sound quality itself is much better the sound is just great. Now the camera still needs a lot of work... I'm hoping it's not a hardware issue I'm hoping they can fix it with software updates but the camera struggles in low-light as far as focusing on objects, but In day light it's very close to the Galaxy line up. And with the focusing I mean autofocus I can focus the shot manually and it works great but autofocus struggles

• Like 3

Well, I have decided I am no longer an HTC owner.  I had some great conversation with someone who has a HTC 10 and after gaining insight, I decided it was time to just go see this device in person and see if I wanted it when compared side by side with a S7E.

So, I hit 3 Verizon stores AND Best Buy.  Literally none of them had it in stock.  While Best Buy didnt flat out say they wont have stock, the 3 Verizon stores all said they only order it, and demand has been near nil.  They didnt even carry dummy units for the store.

So, with the fact that Verizon doesnt care the device exists, Sprint and HTC not marketing it, and my need to get a phone this week, I headed to the Sprint store to get an S7E.  I asked the girl if they had a dummy unit or anything of the 10, but no dice.  They said they will be able to order it Thursday, but have zero idea when I might actually get it.

So, with my loyalty credit, I decided to just do the 21 bucks a month and get the S7E and be able to upgrade annually.  I fear HTC wont be making phones much longer after seeing how poorly they are marketing this one.  Its a shame, I really did like their product.

Good luck to anyone who does get one.  Hope it does bode you well.

• Like 2

Well, I have decided I am no longer an HTC owner.  I had some great conversation with someone who has a HTC 10 and after gaining insight, I decided it was time to just go see this device in person and see if I wanted it when compared side by side with a S7E.

So, I hit 3 Verizon stores AND Best Buy.  Literally none of them had it in stock.  While Best Buy didnt flat out say they wont have stock, the 3 Verizon stores all said they only order it, and demand has been near nil.  They didnt even carry dummy units for the store.

So, with the fact that Verizon doesnt care the device exists, Sprint and HTC not marketing it, and my need to get a phone this week, I headed to the Sprint store to get an S7E.  I asked the girl if they had a dummy unit or anything of the 10, but no dice.  They said they will be able to order it Thursday, but have zero idea when I might actually get it.

So, with my loyalty credit, I decided to just do the 21 bucks a month and get the S7E and be able to upgrade annually.  I fear HTC wont be making phones much longer after seeing how poorly they are marketing this one.  Its a shame, I really did like their product.

Good luck to anyone who does get one.  Hope it does bode you well.

I can't help but feel that you're overreacting because you can't wait a couple days, but in any case have fun with the S7 Edge.

• Like 3

I don't plan to debate it, but honestly, biggest factor was seeing the s7e screen size. I loved it right away. If I had thought the s7 size was sufficient, I would of waited.

Between those things, Android forever with galaxy, and lack of any clear edge the 10 would have, I went back to a Samsung owner.

I didn't do it lightly. I have 6 lines on my account, 4 were m8, 1 an m9.

Now the real question is, will the 10 be the last htc power phone? My bet is yes.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

For the audio enthusiasts, here is a personal review with some detailed impressions of the sound quality.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/807570/review-on-htc-10

There is also an audio section at the bottom of this review here:

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/mobile-phones/htc-10/23571/htc-10-review

Surprisingly they went as far as to say that the HTC 10 is far better than the Bang & Olufsen DAC module for the LG G5 citing a lack of output power on the G5 module in comparison to the HTC.

• Like 2

According to http://www.bestbuy.com/site/htc-10-with-32gb-memory-cell-phone-glacier-silver-sprint/5221000.p?id=bb5221000&skuId=5221000:

Voice Band: GSM 1800, GSM 1900, GSM 850, GSM 900

Data Transmission Operating Band: LTE Band 1, LTE Band 12, LTE Band 25, LTE Band 26, LTE Band 4

But I don't believe it because it doesn't include any CMDA or Band 41. Hopefully there will be more information tomorrow.

Edited by ahecht

Well it's up for sale at Sprint.com. $624 or $21 on Easy Pay. I find it interesting that the Easy Pay amount ends up being more than $100 less than the full purchase amount, is that always the case? Can I purchase on Easy Pay, and then pay off the remaining balance all at once?

Anyone know if Uh Oh Protection is included with a carrier purchase, or only when from HTC directly?

Well it's up for sale at Sprint.com. $624 or $21 on Easy Pay. I find it interesting that the Easy Pay amount ends up being more than $100 less than the full purchase amount, is that always the case? Can I purchase on Easy Pay, and then pay off the remaining balance all at once?

Anyone know if Uh Oh Protection is included with a carrier purchase, or only when from HTC directly?

That is interesting I wonder if their taxes and fees that are not shown that are included with that price. Because I would just do the easy pay and then pay off the balance also if that was the case!

Looks like a special deal with Easy Pay.  I agree, I would want to pay it off up front.

Unrelated, I found the Sprint-specific manual on HTC's site and while it doesn't have a full set of specifications in it, it does have a "Communication Speed" section which mentions "3xCA - DL: 450 Mbps, UL: 50 Mbps".  It also mentions GSM and HSPA.

- Trip

• Like 2

I couldn't help myself. Ordered one and hoping to have it soon! Love my G5 but always been a raving HTC fan. The reviews indicate they knocked it out of the park with this one. I'm curious to see for myself.

The website shows a special offer: $120 credit with Easy Pay. That's the difference.

If I were an HTC investor, I'd be deeply concerned about their production capacity and the impact on profitability. Only two stores in a *50* mile radius of 15010 have even a single phone available today according to the website. And I'm stuck paying a higher sales tax because I have to cross state lines... Ah well... roadtrip!

• Like 1

Every site that I've read lists the Uh Oh Protection as being exclusive to orders on HTC.com. 

Also bummed that Sprint only carries the Glacial Silver version. I really wanted it in Carbon Gray.

Also:

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-10-audio-testing-boomsound-evolved

I know with my previous phone, Uh-oh protection was valid no matter where you bought the phone.  I traded in my M8 last year using Uh-oh and I purchased the original from Best But.

I know with my previous phone, Uh-oh protection was valid no matter where you bought the phone.  I traded in my M8 last year using Uh-oh and I purchased the original from Best But.

That's true for M8/M9, but Uh-Oh for 10 is different.

Every site that I've read lists the Uh Oh Protection as being exclusive to orders on HTC.com. 

Also bummed that Sprint only carries the Glacial Silver version. I really wanted it in Carbon Gray.

Also:

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-10-audio-testing-boomsound-evolved

Definitely only silver variant for Sprint, HTC has it up on its site now too. $600 with a coupon + Uh Oh, still probably a worse deal than $504 from Sprint. 

This might sound silly but lack of carbon gray for Sprint just tips the balance for me towards getting an unlocked one from HTC and using it on TMo. I've had 6 different black / dark gray Sprint HTC phones, not getting a silver one now... Also fed up with lack of development for Sprint on XDA. This will only get worse for HTC 10 as there's only 3 SKUs - international, US unlocked and Sprint. Will keep my SERO account active in case the rumored HTC Nexus this year turns out to be comparable to HTC 10.

Edited by Kisakuku