HTC 10 Rumor Thread (Was HTC One M10 Rumor Thread)

Overstew

So they got rid of having the front facing speaker on the bottom. Dumb, I mean if they had decided to increase the screen real estate you could make the argument... but they put a big physical button there so you don't gain any space. But you still need virtual buttons for back and menu.... Makes no sense. Plus it looks basically indistinguishable from a Samsung phone in front.

And the headphone jack gets moved to the bottom... Maybe I'll just buy an M9 on clearance.

So they got rid of having the front facing speaker on the bottom. Dumb, I mean if they had decided to increase the screen real estate you could make the argument... but they put a big physical button there so you don't gain any space. But you still need virtual buttons for back and menu.... Makes no sense. Plus it looks basically indistinguishable from a Samsung phone in front.

And the headphone jack gets moved to the bottom... Maybe I'll just buy an M9 on clearance.

I believe there are capacitive buttons on either side of the fingerprint scanner for back and apps/menu. 

I like everything except the front of the device.  Looks way too much like Samsung.

That may be the intent.  Most consumers are woefully uninformed.  Sell them the Samsung Galaxy HTC One M10.

AJ

• Like 2

I'll just drop what I said on ars:

I think they might finally have a winner. I can't find any hardware specs to complain about and the software experience is probably gonna be the best they've ever offered (obviously far ahead of Samsung, but they pretty much already were).

With their past launches, there was always either at least one big spec shortcoming, and if not it was some software goof. I just hope it's not too late. I honestly think this device has more mainstream appeal (re: appearance, practicality, etc) than an S7, but I question HTC's ability to get that point across to the mainstream itself.

My parents will probably be picking these up for their upgrades in the Fall regardless. (I've invested so much time into teaching them Sense that it's really too late to get them anything else.)

I'm due for an upgrade this summer.  I have been considering the LG G5 but seeing what I've seen of this device online this morning... I have to admit it's very tempting.  I wonder if it has FM radio.  Haven't seen that listed anywhere, but it usually isn't something advertised up front.  (The G5 has it, I think.)

- Trip

I was checking out this page, but dont see the Sprint bands listed in the US model.  Anyone know why that is?  http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-10/

• #WL SKU(America)
  • 2G/2.5G - GSM/GPRS/EDGE
  • 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
  • CDMA: 800/1900 with EVDO Rev A
  • 3G UMTS
  • 850/AWS/900/1900/2100 MHz
  • 4G LTE (up to 450Mbps)
  • FDD: Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 17, 20, 28, 29, 30
  • Support Cat 9 LTE, download up to 450 Mbps, upload up to 50 Mbps

The Japan model has band 26 and 41 though.

• #UHL SKU(Japan)
  • 800/850/1800/1900 MHz
  • 3G UMTS
  • 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
  • 4G LTE (up to 450Mbps)
  • FDD: Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 13, 17, 19, 21, 26
  • TDD: Bands 38, 41

I like the specs, but how good is the radio on this.

Do we have any numbers on it yet?

Sent from my HTC One M9

Don't worry about the numbers, from what I have heard, its by far the best rf performing htc device on sprint thus far.
  • Like 1

I was checking out this page, but dont see the Sprint bands listed in the US model.  Anyone know why that is?  http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-10/

• #WL SKU(America)
  • 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
  • CDMA: 800/1900 with EVDO Rev A
  • 3G UMTS
  • 850/AWS/900/1900/2100 MHz
  • 4G LTE (up to 450Mbps)
  • FDD: Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 17, 20, 28, 29, 30

The Japan model has band 26 and 41 though.

• #UHL SKU(Japan)
  • 800/850/1800/1900 MHz
  • 3G UMTS
  • 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
  • 4G LTE (up to 450Mbps)
  • FDD: Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 13, 17, 19, 21, 26
  • TDD: Bands 38, 41

If the Japanese version has the specs Sprint needs I don't think it will be a problem for Sprint to get HTC to make a version that works for them (possibly Japanese frequency support and american software, or some sort of blend like that). Between Brightstar and Softbank Sprint has the buying power and logistics to get that done. And they'll be able to distribute that to their CCA / RRRP partners as well. 

Don't worry about the numbers, from what I have heard, its by far the best rf performing htc device on sprint thus far.

I am curious where it will compare to the S7.  I was a Evo, then S3, then M8 guy.  So really, my next phone is going to come down to RF performance and CA abilities.  If they are nearly identical, I will probably go HTC and stop my flip flop pattern.

HTC has plenty of talk about how wonderfult the audio is on this device, yet they are not listing the model information on the amps and DACs, unlike how Vivo does for their smartphones. This worries me, as I want to know what exactly they are using. I'm almost wondering if it might be better just to get the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge on the Samsung Forever plan on Sprint, then order the Oppo DAC/Amp unit to connect to it.

I'm also not happy about the weak waterproof rating on the HTC 10, along with not coming out with the specifications for the Sprint version, unless what they are listing is the Sprint version, which in that case no band 41. That would be beyond just awful, though I can't see how they could do this really. To release a product though with so many questions left unanswered is quite bad, and sad. If HTC were to answer these issues though, then I could see buying this device. However, with a waterproof case, which really is a must for me to get on a non-waterproof device.

Oh, one more thing, there is no word yet on which Apt-X this is using.

I am curious where it will compare to the S7. I was a Evo, then S3, then M8 guy. So really, my next phone is going to come down to RF performance and CA abilities. If they are nearly identical, I will probably go HTC and stop my flip flop pattern.

So far, rf performance seems to be really good on the s7/s7 edge for sprint and the 10 for sprint appears to be very comparable to that.........according to my peeps. So trust me when when I say that htc fans should be pretty happy with the 10 this time around. I won't buy one on release but I will wait a month or two and get one at a lower price.
  • Like 1

The headset jack is on the top, no?

HTC has plenty of talk about how wonderfult the audio is on this device, yet they are not listing the model information on the amps and DACs, unlike how Vivo does for their smartphones. This worries me, as I want to know what exactly they are using. I'm almost wondering if it might be better just to get the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge on the Samsung Forever plan on Sprint, then order the Oppo DAC/Amp unit to connect to it.

I'm also not happy about the weak waterproof rating on the HTC 10, along with not coming out with the specifications for the Sprint version, unless what they are listing is the Sprint version, which in that case no band 41. That would be beyond just awful, though I can't see how they could do this really. To release a product though with so many questions left unanswered is quite bad, and sad. If HTC were to answer these issues though, then I could see buying this device. However, with a waterproof case, which really is a must for me to get on a non-waterproof device.

Oh, one more thing, there is no word yet on which Apt-X this is using.

That would make zero sense not to include B41 CA.

As far as the chipset information for the DAC and such, we'll have to wait for a breakdown from iFixit or something similar. 

This is my new phone, day one purchase. 

Goodbye Galaxy S6.

• Like 3

HTC has plenty of talk about how wonderfult the audio is on this device, yet they are not listing the model information on the amps and DACs

Has HTC ever listed that information? All I know is that whatever is in there will absolutely be an upgrade over my S7 Edge. The output power is so much lower than I was used to with my M9. I used to take audio for granted on my phones cuz I've always had HTC but I've learned my lesson. And don't get me started on the difference in fluidity and responsiveness of the UI in general. That has left me a bit disappointed since switching to the S7 from having an M7, M8 and M9 for the past 3 years. I miss HTC's super smooth UI.

Also I highly doubt they would exclude Band 41 on the Sprint version when it's such a focal point in Sprint's LTE connectivity. Sprint will undoubtedly demand that it be on there so I wouldn't worry about that.

Has HTC ever listed that information? All I know is that whatever is in there will absolutely be an upgrade over my S7 Edge. The output power is so much lower than I was used to with my M9. I used to take audio for granted on my phones cuz I've always had HTC but I've learned my lesson. And don't get me started on the difference in fluidity and responsiveness of the UI in general. That has left me a bit disappointed since switching to the S7 from having an M7, M8 and M9 for the past 3 years. I miss HTC's super smooth UI.

Also I highly doubt they would exclude Band 41 on the Sprint version when it's such a focal point in Sprint's LTE connectivity. Sprint will undoubtedly demand that it be on there so I wouldn't worry about that.

I've been very interested in this device as my primary go-to device if I switch to Sprint. Although admittedly, while it still is a fine device for GSM, there are other international devices that are better than the HTC 10 for GSM. Some of those devices, such as the Vivo Xplay 5 Elite which right now is the best device technically available, list the model information for both the DACs and amps used in it. Literally, the Vivo is an audiophile's dream device, which the HTC 10 might be coming close to.

On the introductory video posted on YouTube (its also on another thread here on S4GRU, though I'll make a post of it here in this thread, for reference) many people in the comments section on the video are asking for model information of the DACs and amps. It is important information for audiophiles, as there are differences between the vendors supplying them.