HTC 10 Rumor Thread (Was HTC One M10 Rumor Thread)

Overstew

I heard there will still be stereo speakers, just not front facing. The first speaker would be where the earpiece is and the second speaker would shoot out of the bottom.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I really think HTC ought to make an announcement A.S.A.P. regarding their audio plans for their new M10 device. I respect device manufacturers' decisions to reveal information at their own time of choosing. However, HTC is not in great shape and could use some positive press about something related to their smartphone devices. Announcing what they plan to do with audio on the M10 would help to resolve concerns about the audio that is so important to many of its customers.

As I've mentioned before though, I really can't see HTC worsening the audio quality on the M10, hence why revealing the information about the audio shouldn't bring about any negative press. Unless of course HTC is going the direction I've mentioned the possibility of, that being making the M10 geared towards photography rather than audio enthusiasts. Again, I really think that would be a huge mistake, as there is enough competition in camera quality on smartphones. The only manufacturer focusing on audio currently is LG.

• Like 2

Has it been verified that this is the M10, maybe this is a replacement for the A9...

This made me think about how HTC just doesn't seem to do as good of a job keeping their device names well in check among the public. They just don't have the same kind of unified device naming that other carriers do, which just ends up being confusing.

Actually, I thought about this a bit last night, and how I'd fix things for HTC, if I were in any sort of power to do so. I would just release one group of devices in the early part of the year all based on a flagship of different device sizes, similar to what Apple does. There'd be a 4.5 inch display, 5 inch display, 5.5 inch display, and 6 inch display, all using the best processor at the moment, same amount of ram, etc. The only difference besides the display size, would be battery size. The larger the display, the larger the battery. Then mid-year those same four device sizes released in a mid-range line. Later part of the year would bring one device of ultimate flagship specifications in a super phablet size, say 6.5 inch, 5,000 mah - range battery, etc.

The clearest part to this idea though, the naming would be based similar to how car models are named, based on the year. For instance, this year's would be the 2016 HTC Pro for the early year flagships, the 2016 HTC Performance for the mid-year mid-range line, and the 2016 HTC Premium for the later year ultimate flagship. To me, it sounds a lot easier to remember than A9, M10, etc.

Has it been verified that this is the M10, maybe this is a replacement for the A9...

The A9 just came out a few months ago so definitely not.

• Like 1

Yes, that is how I have set up my high end two channel audio system.  I have the left loudspeaker in my living room and the right loudspeaker in my kitchen aimed out the backdoor.

:D

LOL, this was pretty damn funny.

I really think HTC ought to make an announcement A.S.A.P. regarding their audio plans for their new M10 device. I respect device manufacturers' decisions to reveal information at their own time of choosing. However, HTC is not in great shape and could use some positive press about something related to their smartphone devices. Announcing what they plan to do with audio on the M10 would help to resolve concerns about the audio that is so important to many of its customers.

As I've mentioned before though, I really can't see HTC worsening the audio quality on the M10, hence why revealing the information about the audio shouldn't bring about any negative press. Unless of course HTC is going the direction I've mentioned the possibility of, that being making the M10 geared towards photography rather than audio enthusiasts. Again, I really think that would be a huge mistake, as there is enough competition in camera quality on smartphones. The only manufacturer focusing on audio currently is LG.

Audio plans?  HTC has always been above average when it came to audio so thats the least of htc's problems right now.  HTC needs something that will attract buyers, something so cool that it attracts lots of positive media attention.  Without it the only people that will buy the m10 are the ultra die hard htc fans and even those are jumping ship now such as myself.  Yes I am a self proclaimed htc fan and have bought every single htc flagship over the last 10 years.  No matter what htc releases, no matter what feature it has, it will be the first time I won't by an htc flagship on release day.  If it does turn out to be better than expected then I may just get one for my second line but for right now, I don't have a good feeling when it comes to htc.

• Like 1

Audio plans?  HTC has always been above average when it came to audio so thats the least of htc's problems right now.  HTC needs something that will attract buyers, something so cool that it attracts lots of positive media attention.  Without it the only people that will buy the m10 are the ultra die hard htc fans and even those are jumping ship now such as myself.  Yes I am a self proclaimed htc fan and have bought every single htc flagship over the last 10 years.  No matter what htc releases, no matter what feature it has, it will be the first time I won't by an htc flagship on release day.  If it does turn out to be better than expected then I may just get one for my second line but for right now, I don't have a good feeling when it comes to htc.

Your feelings seem to echo a lot of what I've been reading about from others online, regarding the HTC situation. Just a moment ago, I was reading this PhoneDog article here : http://www.phonedog.com/2016/03/09/latest-htc-10-image-leak-shows-color-options

which gives a pretty decent look at the front of the new device. In the comments section, someone explains very well of HTC's signature BoomSound experience, and why that is important to them with the two front facing stereo speakers, while someone else was debating with the how HTC's engineers are going to make this work somehow in keeping the same level of sound quality.

I've been hoping that is the case too, but the person explaining how they don't believe this change is going to give them the same level of experience does make some good points about why they don't believe it will. While I've never used HTC's devices, I've considered them before due to the BoomSound, but only if announced along with an integrated HQ DAC, such as what the LG V10 has. HTC and LG are at an advantage over Samsung still because of this, as Samsung did not integrate an HQ DAC in the new Galaxies, nor did it bother adapting to the new Aptx HD standard, which LG is doing with the G5 along with having the Bang & Olufsen DAC.

However, with HTC having the AMOLED screen, like the S7, if only HTC announces BoomSound and a DAC, that may save them from what looks to be a pretty bad situation ahead for them otherwise.

Seems like you are an audiophile and for the most part htc investing heavily in that won't make much of a different in sales compared to lets say investing in a camera and a software engineering crew that knows what the hell they're doing to create a wonderful camera experience.  So htc really needs to focus on a unique design, camera performance, a smooth sense experience and they still need that one added feature/service that enhances the user experience.  So basically anything that can get the mainstream media talking all positive things about htc.  

At the same time though, it may be little too late no matter what since the s7/s7e is already out, which I must say is a fantastic device(I currently have the s7e) with lots of great features, great camera, and great battery life then there is the lg g5 which should be out before the m10 as well which has a lot of unique features.

• Like 2

Seems like you are an audiophile and for the most part htc investing heavily in that won't make much of a different in sales compared to lets say investing in a camera and a software engineering crew that knows what the hell they're doing to create a wonderful camera experience.  So htc really needs to focus on a unique design, camera performance, a smooth sense experience and they still need that one added feature/service that enhances the user experience.  So basically anything that can get the mainstream media talking all positive things about htc.  

At the same time though, it may be little too late no matter what since the s7/s7e is already out, which I must say is a fantastic device(I currently have the s7e) with lots of great features, great camera, and great battery life then there is the lg g5 which should be out before the m10 as well which has a lot of unique features.

Audio is important to me, and is something I've been so close to buying an HTC device over, just as many people have. If HTC continued that, along with improvements in camera and software, I believe they'd do better than in the past year or so. However, I really doubt camera Improvements alone, or in combination with software improvements, are enough at this point. I believe it is a bit too late to do without also appealing to its base of users who love the audio quality of the BoomSound speakers. Those customers if not captivated to purchase the new HTC device, either will move onto the LG G5 which definitely will win them over with audio. Or else those customers not as audio-focused but still frustrated enough by HTC have or will move onto the Samsung Galaxy S7 devices with the wonderful camera and display qualities.

I was going to get the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, but had an ordering problem with T-Mobile, which has since remedied the issue with a great deal on the G5 when it nears preorder stage. I decided against trying to repurchase the SGS7E, because I don't want to be too late for the promo offer which is limited to the first 300,000 buyers, and the cost is too much for me not to include those items. Otherwise, it does look to be an excellent device, especially the display from what I've seen of it online.

Some clear pics got released today. I'm going to say that it's not that bad-looking it's going to have to compete with the G5 and S7 though so should be very interesting spring for phones. 

http://www.androidauthority.com/htc-10-leaked-yet-again-679243/

• Like 1

Especially since the S7 is selling like hotcakes.

• Like 1

Especially since the S7 is selling like hotcakes.

Samsung seems to have done really well with the S7, getting most everything right this time. The only thing I'm disappointed in regarding the S7 is the lack of Aptx HD and no dedicated DAC, which some rumor articles from earlier in the year indicated there would be an integrated DAC likely from Sabre. Perhaps Samsung is going to have those audio features in the Note 6 later this year. If so, and if Samsung does indeed use an RGB variety of AMOLED display, the Note 6 is going to be one very awesome device I'll very likely use my JOD trade in for on my LG G5. Then it'll be interesting if LG ends up using the G5 and the V10's audio features along with an OLED display on the V10 successor. If so, it'll be a very big deal between those two devices and will give the IPhone some tough competition, as well against other Android devices.

From reading what HTC is doing with their new device, so far there really isn't anything being said about it that is enticing. Considering the state HTC is in right now, they really ought to be doing something spectacular and really try to compete.

I just can't buy Samsung due to past issues with them. I would love to stay with HTC but they have to produce a compelling product. I wish Sony would release a phone on Sprint.

• Like 2

I just can't buy Samsung due to past issues with them. I would love to stay with HTC but they have to produce a compelling product. I wish Sony would release a phone on Sprint.

I definitely like the idea about Sony!

Most people would think I'd never buy another Sony product, considering my frustration with Sony about not being much present here in the U.S. nowadays. However, if Sony were to have a high-end device available on a U.S. carrier, even if they sold it for $900-$1000, there is a very good chance I'd switch to whatever carrier that has it and pay full price on the device, just to have it. I absolutely love Sony, and deeply miss the grand era of Sony in the 90s. Sony is the one company I never had to return a defective product, always had great build quality, and I was very happy with everything I got from them then. I had a few Sony cordless telephones I upgraded from a standard analog Sony to a digital, then to a 900mhz Sony, and when Sony had new models of them, even when my other Sonys were fine, I still upgraded. I had a Sony Trinitron television, a Sony PlayStation, as few Sony Vaios. I even had several debates with a friend of mine of which brand was better, Sony or Zenith, he liked Zenith.

I've noticed Sony has quite a lot of Android powered televisions. I've often wondered if Sony would be chosen to make the next Nexus. I think that would be one very excellent way for Sony to re-enter the US market, by making a Nexus smartphone for Google.

• Like 1

Have you seen the most recent renders released. I think that "real" photos that are being released of the HTC 10 aren't doing it justice. I can't wait until we get to see it in professional reviews and hands-on videos.

If the improved camera with OIS on the back and front, 3000mAh battery and Super LCD 5 pan out to be true. HTC could be back in the game again. Coupled with the rumor that Google may have entered into a 3 year deal with HTC to make the Nexus phones, they could possibly start to become a household name again. Also if the 30-day guarantee that they have with the A9 comes along with the HTC 10, they'll definitely have a winner.

I just need to figure out the easiest way to get this device as soon as it comes out even though my upgrade isn't until July 2017.

• Like 1

Have you seen the most recent renders released. I think that "real" photos that are being released of the HTC 10 aren't doing it justice. I can't wait until we get to see it in professional reviews and hands-on videos.

If the improved camera with OIS on the back and front, 3000mAh battery and Super LCD 5 pan out to be true. HTC could be back in the game again. Coupled with the rumor that Google may have entered into a 3 year deal with HTC to make the Nexus phones, they could possibly start to become a household name again. Also if the 30-day guarantee that they have with the A9 comes along with the HTC 10, they'll definitely have a winner.

I just need to figure out the easiest way to get this device as soon as it comes out even though my upgrade isn't until July 2017.

Hopefully the final "real" product will be better than what is being rumored. However, while an improved camera might help, HTC really needs to make this device good all-around and keep with the features its customers love about their products. Time will tell...

Hopefully the final "real" product will be better than what is being rumored. However, while an improved camera might help, HTC really needs to make this device good all-around and keep with the features its customers love about their products. Time will tell...

What do you think is missing that will make it better than what is being rumored? The camera, battery, screen, etc. has all been improved. The main pain-point of the M9 was the camera and if the A9 is any indication, HTC is on the right track in this area. The new (less incremental) design is sure to turn heads as well as HTC's device have always drawn attention because of their premium build. There are still dual speakers but apparently software will simulate the front-facing speakers much like you can simulate surround sound with software.

It'll definitely be a winner even if though it won't sell nearly as well as its competitors. The M8 was the same way winning multiple "Phone of the Year" rewards when it came out.

• Like 1

What do you think is missing that will make it better than what is being rumored? The camera, battery, screen, etc. has all been improved. The main pain-point of the M9 was the camera and if the A9 is any indication, HTC is on the right track in this area. The new (less incremental) design is sure to turn heads as well as HTC's device have always drawn attention because of their premium build. There are still dual speakers but apparently software will simulate the front-facing speakers much like you can simulate surround sound with software.

It'll definitely be a winner even if though it won't sell nearly as well as its competitors. The M8 was the same way winning multiple "Phone of the Year" rewards when it came out.

The HTC 10 does look to be a good device and hopefully it does well. However, I'm basing what I've said about it throughout this thread on what I've read online from many people claiming to be HTC fans who are concerned about the Boomsound feature. It seems this is very important to HTC in keeping otherwise loyal customers. Removing the feature itself may not be a bad thing, but only if HTC replaces it with something equal or better in quality.

I see the matter similarly to if Samsung were to get rid of AMOLED in favor of going back to LCD technology. Many people would complain and ditch Samsung because of it. Yet, if Samsung were to announce they were getting rid of AMOLED for an RGB version of OLED without any Pentile technology, that decision would be very well received and help to boost sales, where going back to LCD likely would lose sales.

• Like 1

The HTC 10 does look to be a good device and hopefully it does well. However, I'm basing what I've said about it throughout this thread on what I've read online from many people claiming to be HTC fans who are concerned about the Boomsound feature. It seems this is very important to HTC in keeping otherwise loyal customers. Removing the feature itself may not be a bad thing, but only if HTC replaces it with something equal or better in quality.

I see the matter similarly to if Samsung were to get rid of AMOLED in favor of going back to LCD technology. Many people would complain and ditch Samsung because of it. Yet, if Samsung were to announce they were getting rid of AMOLED for an RGB version of OLED without any Pentile technology, that decision would be very well received and help to boost sales, where going back to LCD likely would lose sales.

That's fair.

• Like 1

New teaser from HTC. I guess we can say that they definitely haven't forgotten about the Audiophiles.

http://www.xda-developers.com/xda-external-link/htc-posts-teaser-for-the-new-boom/

According to Reddit, it sounds like HTC may have implemented a subwoofer effect in the secondary (bottom) speaker.  If this is true, it may truly separate them from the competition.  That, and of course, if they finally fixed the camera to a point where it matches the competition.

• Like 2

Coupled with the rumor that Google may have entered into a 3 year deal with HTC to make the Nexus phones, they could possibly start to become a household name again.

:drool:

I've been waiting for another HTC Nexus ever since I found out about the program. Which was back in the Galaxy Nexus days. (Out of all of the android hardware vendors they're my favorite and while I don't mind Sense at all - my first phone was an OG EVO and my next would've been an M7 if Sprint hadn't carried the Nexus 5 - I prefer stock. I would've gotten a "Play Edition" M8 if it had made it to Sprint.) It seems like every year there was a rumor that it was gonna be HTC. I hope the mill is right this time.

• Like 2

New teaser from HTC. I guess we can say that they definitely haven't forgotten about the Audiophiles.

http://www.xda-developers.com/xda-external-link/htc-posts-teaser-for-the-new-boom/

I think HTC ought to reveal some major information about this and the other features of the device prior to the preorder of the LG G5. If so, HTC could divert some business away from LG and towards them. If they were to announce an ESS DAC and amp system built-in for the speakers and headphone similar to the Vivo Xplay 5/Elite, then I'd be sold on this HTC device.

I think HTC ought to reveal some major information about this and the other features of the device prior to the preorder of the LG G5. If so, HTC could divert some business away from LG and towards them. If they were to announce an ESS DAC and amp system built-in for the speakers and headphone similar to the Vivo Xplay 5/Elite, then I'd be sold on this HTC device.

The thing is, most people are buying these devices day 1. It's not in HTC's best interest to reveal info before the announcement because then they'd have nothing to announce. Just let them rock for the 11 days. Contrary to popular belief, most people don't buy new phones the day the phone comes out. There are a large number of people that are waiting on HTC to release their device before they make up their mind as well.

• Like 1