HTC 10 Rumor Thread (Was HTC One M10 Rumor Thread)

Overstew

I've read that there are no front-facing speakers - could be a non-starter for me.

Sent from my HTC One M9 on Tapatalk

Yeah man. Hoping that the M10 delivers. I've gotten every HTC Flagship phone that has come to Sprint in the last 6 years and if the M10 lets me down, then I'm getting the Nexus 6P.

I'm on the fence with HTC, have been a fan for a very long time, so hoping they come through with something solid. 

The M9 is great, but I was taking some pictures for work and they came out horribly bad, using the stock settings. I know the camera app is awesome and lets you tweak to your heart's content, but for quick pictures it has to work for me, and the M9 doesn't.

Me and my significant other have both purchased HTC flagships every single year for the last 10 years and after the m9 debacle I don't see how I will be getting an m10. All htc had to do with the m7 is get the camera right, all htc had to do with the m8 is get the camera right all htc had to do with the m9 is make it look a little different and again get the camera right. So as of now I have no interest in HTC for the first time ever.

If you ask me it's like htc isn't even trying anymore,i don't know what else to say. Now I already pre ordered two s7e's and with the additional swag for pre-ordering with the addition of a larger battery and sd card support once again it would be tough to skip the s7 for the m10.

If some how htc manages to impress me I will probably get one but until then I won't be holding my breath.

• Like 2

Frankly. Just updating the M9 with a better front camera and improved base band for 3xCA would be enough to get me on the M10. I really like the M8. The M9 was supposed to be the M8 with better camera and 2xCA, but it sounds like the camera hardware still isn't very good.

Anyone have a guess on the release date? I was kinda holing out for the m10 buy my phone is not doing so well. I'm tempted to get the m9 for the time being.

Sent from a Note 4

Honestly if I had to update to an htc device and couldn't wait for the m10 I would go with the a9 over the m9 any day of the week. Not saying that the m9 is a bad device but I have spent enough time with both devices to say that the a9 is simply an overall better device even though it's a mid ranger.

It's with heavy heart that I have to type this post but as of last Thursday, I am no longer a member of Team HTC :dep:  after having owned every HTC flagship on Sprint since the original EVO 4G and I pre-ordered the Galaxy S7 Edge. It's been a good relationship over the last 6 years but I think it's finally time to move on. Holding on and waiting for HTC to get it together was causing more pain and unhappiness. Another gal has caught my eye and I really don't see the M10 surpassing or even being on par with what Samsung has brought to the table this year. 

I have been and remain a big HTC fan. However, this year I am waiting on both the M10 and the next Nexus. The wife upgraded her M7 for an A9 and she is happy with it. We don't do Samsung. Bad past experience.

The the only thing that's going to save this device is if has the same upgrade program for software as A9 and it has a really big battery to substantiate the decision for this design. I'm not a fan so far,  and I actually think the a9 looks better! It's almost as if they were going to put an HTC logo where the fingerprint scanner is but decided against it at the last minute

A lot more leaked pictures have popped up on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Pocketnow/status/706003800457408512

I don't know what it is but I'm just not feeling it.  The front of the device just looks like any generic android device with a fingerprint sensor, the rear of the device is what the m9 should have been.  Anyway, only time will tell if these leaks are even true.

• Like 1

It actually looks like a metallic backed OnePlus 2.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

I can see that, but the front actually looks worse than the one plus!

I do like the white compared to all the other colors then I seen renders.

http://pocketnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/htc-10-up-white.jpg

I've read alot of people complaining about an apparent lack of a Boomsound speaker on this new device. I think people ought to be a bit more patient on this, because what if HTC has improved on the speaker technology making it smaller and will introduce it as something different, but better. I'm not an HTC fan, but I can't see them taking away something that is such a signature item of their product, at least without replacing it with something better. Otherwise, it would be akin to if Samsung replaced their AMOLED with a standard LCD Panel. However, it certainly wouldn't be bad if Samsung replaced their AMOLED with an RGB variety OLED, even if it made the device look a bit different.

• Like 1

Frankly, I'd be happy to see HTC make modest camera and reception improvements with the M9 and A9 and get down to a $499 price point. You could make almost all the innards the same between the two models. Really the only difference would be if you want the fingerprint scanner you get the A series, and the M series for great audio (maybe a slightly nicer DAC and the continued front speakers) because you don't have room for the bottom speaker and the fingerprint scanner..

• Like 1

Either my battery or my usb port is starting to give up the ghost. I hope they hurry up with a release so i can check this bad boy out!

Frankly, I'd be happy to see HTC make modest camera and reception improvements with the M9 and A9 and get down to a $499 price point. You could make almost all the innards the same between the two models. Really the only difference would be if you want the fingerprint scanner you get the A series, and the M series for great audio (maybe a slightly nicer DAC and the continued front speakers) because you don't have room for the bottom speaker and the fingerprint scanner..

As I've mentioned before, I've read a lot of concern about the apparent lack of the BoomSound speakers HTC is well known/liked for on their smartphones. However, I really doubt that the M10 is going to lack an equivalent quality, or something even better than this on their new M10 device. HTC cannot afford to lose those customers who buy their phones specifically for that feature, which from reading online seems to be a lot of them. I don't blame them though for their concern, as audio is a very important feature, one which HTC now has a major competitor in with LG making the G5 an audiophile's dream smartphone.

Due to these factors, HTC really needs to match/beat LG in this, along with their own history of audio-focused smartphones. This also means putting in a high-quality DAC. However, their does seem to be a justified concern/fear that HTC is moving away from audio, due to poor reception of their camera quality in the past. HTC may very well be trading in audio quality for camera quality, which I think would be a huge mistake. Especially as there already are plenty of high-quality camera phones HTC likely just will not be able to successfully compete with, at this point.

I heard there will still be stereo speakers, just not front facing. The first speaker would be where the earpiece is and the second speaker would shoot out of the bottom.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I heard there will still be stereo speakers, just not front facing. The first speaker would be where the earpiece is and the second speaker would shoot out of the bottom.

Yes, that is how I have set up my high end two channel audio system.  I have the left loudspeaker in my living room and the right loudspeaker in my kitchen aimed out the backdoor.

Thankfully, I have my hands full with the Nexus 5, 2014 Moto X, 2015 Moto X, and Nexus 5X, so I have little interest in near future HTC handsets.  The HTC EVO, HTC EVO 4G LTE, and especially HTC One M7 remain my museum pieces.

AJ

• Like 3