Sign in to follow this  
Marv1

Samsung Gear VR

Marv1    193

Not sure if this device has been mentioned on the boards, but was wondering if anyone used this device with their Note 5 and/or S6's? If so, do you like it, or dislike it?

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/wearable-tech/SM-R322NZWAXAR

Rocket87    1,259

I spent about 30 minutes with the prototype and a note 4. It was cool to watch a movie in a theater and some of the demo stuff. I dont see myself buying it but its neat.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Terrell352    2,248

I own one with my note 5. Just got it 4 days ago because its so hard to get. Bestbuy on seels it online and amazon and bestbuy online are always sold out. Its great though. Makes cardboard look like crap.

Marv1    193

I'm interested in getting one. I went to Best Buy earlier last week, asked a sales associate if he could help me find one. First thing he said was, "Sorry, but we sold out a while back, and don't know when we'll be getting more." Then he mentioned back orders that will take forever to.

Terrell352    2,248

I'm interested in getting one. I went to Best Buy earlier last week, asked a sales associate if he could help me find one. First thing he said was, "Sorry, but we sold out a while back, and don't know when we'll be getting more." Then he mentioned back orders that will take forever to.

Your better off online than the store. Trust me. Thats how i got mine.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Marv1    193

Your better off online than the store. Trust me. Thats how i got mine.

I noticed yesterday, everyone has them in stock online again. I've read about users being annoyed by pixels while watching Netflix, fogging of lenses, and phone overheating. Have you had any issues?

Terrell352    2,248

I noticed yesterday, everyone has them in stock online again. I've read about users being annoyed by pixels while watching Netflix, fogging of lenses, and phone overheating. Have you had any issues?

Yes, yes and yes. Some of the experiences like streaming just doesn't look good. Netflix is around standard def to the eyes even though its playing 1080p because of how close you are but it doesnt bother me. Overheating can occur particularly when viewing video for 2 hours or more but games won't make it over heat which is weird. Fogging happened at first because I was so amazed I would sweat while using it but now it never happens and I don't sweat. No one has compalined about fogging that I have let try it. So to sum it up. Netflix 480p res and always download videos over streaming because streams have lots of problems, fogging should go away and varies depending on the person, overheating is a issue if viewing video for a long time.

• Like 1

Marv1    193

Thanks for the feedback, and info. Very helpful! I'm planning to get one sometime this week.

• Like 1

Marv1    193

Got my VR a couple of days ago. I'm enjoying every single minute of it!

Terrell352    2,248

Got my VR a couple of days ago. I'm enjoying every single minute of it!

Yeah is pretty damn great. I really want the rift but at $600 I will wait a year or 2 til the prices come back to reality.

Marv1    193

Yeah is pretty damn great. I really want the rift but at $600 I will wait a year or 2 til the prices come back to reality.

I've been reading about that, and seen a ton of people saying the same thing. Forget paying $600!

Marv1    193

Any of you with the S7/S7 Edge that got the VR enjoying it so far? If you get the opportunity, check out NextVR showing live NCAA basketball tournaments. FYI, games tend to freeze during live games, but the rebroadcast games doesn't. Talk about cool angles being courtside, and behind basket seems like you're there! A must see!

Marv1    193

Mobile network can now be used!

com_oculus_home_20160324_194632.jpg

• Like 1

Terrell352    2,248

Hulu app is available

• Like 1

Marv1    193

If you like fishing, Bait is a fun game. Check out this Pigskin Puffer I caught last night, which snapped my line, fighting not wanting to be reeled in just before I began recording.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h406kv9v4frs8e0/com.resolutiongames.bait-20160324-222142.mp4?dl=0