Samsung Gear VR

Marv1

Not sure if this device has been mentioned on the boards, but was wondering if anyone used this device with their Note 5 and/or S6's? If so, do you like it, or dislike it?

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/wearable-tech/SM-R322NZWAXAR

I'm interested in getting one. I went to Best Buy earlier last week, asked a sales associate if he could help me find one. First thing he said was, "Sorry, but we sold out a while back, and don't know when we'll be getting more." Then he mentioned back orders that will take forever to.

I'm interested in getting one. I went to Best Buy earlier last week, asked a sales associate if he could help me find one. First thing he said was, "Sorry, but we sold out a while back, and don't know when we'll be getting more." Then he mentioned back orders that will take forever to.

Your better off online than the store. Trust me. Thats how i got mine.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Your better off online than the store. Trust me. Thats how i got mine.

I noticed yesterday, everyone has them in stock online again. I've read about users being annoyed by pixels while watching Netflix, fogging of lenses, and phone overheating. Have you had any issues?

I noticed yesterday, everyone has them in stock online again. I've read about users being annoyed by pixels while watching Netflix, fogging of lenses, and phone overheating. Have you had any issues?

Yes, yes and yes. Some of the experiences like streaming just doesn't look good. Netflix is around standard def to the eyes even though its playing 1080p because of how close you are but it doesnt bother me. Overheating can occur particularly when viewing video for 2 hours or more but games won't make it over heat which is weird. Fogging happened at first because I was so amazed I would sweat while using it but now it never happens and I don't sweat. No one has compalined about fogging that I have let try it. So to sum it up. Netflix 480p res and always download videos over streaming because streams have lots of problems, fogging should go away and varies depending on the person, overheating is a issue if viewing video for a long time.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback, and info. Very helpful! I'm planning to get one sometime this week.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah is pretty damn great. I really want the rift but at $600 I will wait a year or 2 til the prices come back to reality.

I've been reading about that, and seen a ton of people saying the same thing. Forget paying $600!

• 2 months later...

Any of you with the S7/S7 Edge that got the VR enjoying it so far? If you get the opportunity, check out NextVR showing live NCAA basketball tournaments. FYI, games tend to freeze during live games, but the rebroadcast games doesn't. Talk about cool angles being courtside, and behind basket seems like you're there! A must see!

If you like fishing, Bait is a fun game. Check out this Pigskin Puffer I caught last night, which snapped my line, fighting not wanting to be reeled in just before I began recording.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h406kv9v4frs8e0/com.resolutiongames.bait-20160324-222142.mp4?dl=0