Both LTE and wifi signal indicators are on

jarablue

Does anyone know what would cause lte and wifi signal indicators to be on on both s6 and note5 phones? Did Sprint push out an update?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

My OnePlus 2 does this sometimes too. It means your LTE data is also live and transmitting when your WiFi is on too. It could just be a bug.

Or possibly... Some Samsung flagship devices do offer the ability to run over WiFi and the mobile network at the same time to increase speeds. This could be a sign you're in that mode if LTE data sessions are active when you're on WiFi.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

Mods from both boards answered my question. I must be special. A bug that hits all 3 lines on my account across different devices? Sounds legit. Thanks for the help.

Mods from both boards answered my question. I must be special. A bug that hits all 3 lines on my account across different devices? Sounds legit. Thanks for the help.

Have you checked to see if you have Download Booster enabled? That will cause them to both be on at the same time?

http://visihow.com/Simultaneously_Use_Wi-Fi_and_LTE_on_Your_Galaxy_S5_to_Boost_Download_Speed

Cmon now, you being an admin at Sprints forums here should know that Sprint disables that on all phones.

Nope. Don't presume. I don't follow Samsung device stuff very close at all. I don't really use Samsungs, except this Tablet I'm typing on right now. We are not a device focused site. We are a network focused site. I don't know what Sprint blocks on this OEM or that device type.

Thanks for your input, now I'm even more knowlegable about Samsung Download Booster. And that is really the point of sites like this. To discuss thoughts openly in a community where we can all benefit from the exchange and get to useful conclusions.

I often have information that is not known to many people, and my contributions are useful. You provided information to me (and thousands of others) about Sprint blocking Samsung Download Booster that will be very useful.

So does this happen to anyone else? Since I've owned the note 5 whenever connecting to wireless, the cellular radio signal strength indicator would disappear. Or have I been seeing things the past 3 months? The tech at the Sprint store tried telling me that this is normal behavoir. I told him it's not and none of my other friends phones exhibit this. Called up another tech at a different Sprint store and he confirmed that cellular indicator should disappear. Thanks again.

Edited by jarablue

So does this happen to anyone else? Since I've owned the note 5 whenever connecting to wireless, the cellular radio signal strength indicator would disappear. Or have I been seeing things the past 3 months? The tech at the Sprint store tried telling me that this is normal behavoir. I told him it's not and none of my other friends phones exhibit this. Called up another tech at a different Sprint store and he confirmed that cellular indicator should disappear. Thanks again.

Can you post a screen shot of what you are talking about? As far as I know, the little "LTE" icon goes away, but the "bars" part of the icon does not go away. If you send an MMS while on WiFi, the "LTE" part comes back on momentarily because the message is sent over LTE, but once it is done sending, the icon goes away. However, the "bars" are always present.

The bars are not always present. Not before on my phones, my wife's, even now on my nephews phone the bars disappear. And I called a sprint store to confirm this. Perhaps you have a note 5 on another network? The bars would disappear when connecting to wifi. Ill grab a screenshot for you later.

Edited by jarablue

The bars are not always present. Not before on my phones, my wife's, even now on my nephews phone the bars disappear. And I called a sprint store to confirm this. Perhaps you have a note 5 on another network? The bars would disappear when connecting to wifi. Ill grab a screenshot for you later.

I do not have a note 5, however, on every device that I have owned (the list is pretty long), the bars are *always* present. Even when connected to WiFi. The LTE icon that indicates data use goes away, but the bars are always there. The only exception is while on WiFi calling.

Now, Sprint has recently remove the spinning "Spark" icon from many devices. The Spark icon did go away while connected to WiFi. Perhaps this is what you are remembering? However, even then the bars did not go away.

37a470aa9ef66085528b1a2003997c0c.jpg

Sent from my LG G4

You guys are right. I was positive that this wasn't the case. I always thought the bars disappeared when connecting via wifi. it's good to eat my own words sometimes. Thanks for the help everyone.