US Cellular - Sprint LTE Roaming?

kojitsari

Anyone else see the US cellular updated coverage map? Lots of LTE roaming added to it, and it looks suspiciously like Sprints map from what I can tell/what I'm seeing. Are Marcelo and the team giving us US Cellular roaming/peusedo native coverage for Christmas :o .

• Like 3

U.S. Cellular coverage map now shows LTE roaming, appears to be Sprint's network [Reported first on https://www.reddit.com/r/sprint by petarmarinov37 with this image: http://imgur.com/KwCe3Co]     It does match the Sprint coverage map in Ohio, specially the unique coverage in Crooksville OH and many other places.

• Like 7

Anyone else see the US cellular updated coverage map? Lots of LTE roaming added to it, and it looks suspiciously like Sprints map from what I can tell/what I'm seeing. Are Marcelo and the team giving us US Cellular roaming/peusedo native coverage for Christmas :o .

It does look "Sprint-ish"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It looks exactly like Sprint's map.  I know the rural Virginia cell towers very well and if it was T-Mobile, there would be LTE coverage in eastern Fluvanna County near Kents Store (which shows as no coverage).  If it was Verizon or AT&T, there would be coverage between Orange and Culpeper.  And it's missing LTE coverage in Culpeper itself, which is also missing from the official Sprint map even though B25 and B26 are both present there.

- Trip

It looks exactly like Sprint's map.  I know the rural Virginia cell towers very well and if it was T-Mobile, there would be LTE coverage in eastern Fluvanna County near Kents Store (which shows as no coverage).  If it was Verizon or AT&T, there would be coverage between Orange and Culpeper.  And it's missing LTE coverage in Culpeper itself, which is also missing from the official Sprint map even though B25 and B26 are both present there.

- Trip

Also being discussed here:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7341-us-cellular-sprint-lte-roaming/

Damn it! I searched and didn't find a thread...I should've made one :/.... There goes my easy chance for karma.

Wait this isn't reddit [emoji14]

Just to play devils advocate:

I don't think that older iPhone has the needed 700MHz band - granted not sure the location either.... but in malls I have found that the 1900-2600MHz spectrum doesn't work well at all - no matter the carrier.

but again just to be fair if you speed tested an iphone 4s on Sprint I doubt it would be as good too. (though I think that is a 5 shown above... not sure)

If it was the 4s on Sprint it wouldn't even have LTE since the 4s was 3G only.

Now it's time for Sprint to update THEIR coverage map to show LTE roaming.  I'm going to be in US Cellular area in December, so I hope they give us access to this soon.

Though, I looked and USC only has cellular licenses that my phone would be able to connect to.  So it probably won't matter.

Though, I looked and USC only has cellular licenses that my phone would be able to connect to.  So it probably won't matter.

I'm hoping they use MFBI on their Band 5 LTE so that Band 26 devices can access it, but we'll see.

- Trip

• Like 2

Do we even know if they have LTE on their Band 5 yet?

Yes.  They have LTE where my parents live (they have an LTE hotspot, and I had LTE there before I switched to Sprint) and own no spectrum there besides CLR.  See here:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6741-us-cellular-roaming-and-technical-thoughts/?p=393641

- Trip

The question is if this is true will this be considered roaming or native coverage for Sprint in areas they don't cover or have a lack of coverage?

• Like 2

Ehh, Cspire has been riding Sprint's LTE outside of its native coverage since the beginning without LTE reciprocity. Im hopeful too, but not excited.

Exactly. It may be in the cards. But no word, yet.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 2