Original EVO EOL'd

MacinJosh

The Original EVO has finally seen End of Life. :( The 1st 4G phone in America has finally been pulled off of Sprint's online order page. When the Shift was EOL'd last month, it ceased to be sold online as well. However, you may still find some stores still selling out stock of the Original EVO. It's been almost 2 years since it was released, and it had a good life.

But the future is at hand, and it's true replacement, the EVO 4G LTE is soon to rise on Sprint.

Mark Hearn is still active at his new home with Techno Buffalo, and is still receiving EOL lists and publishing them. http://www.technobuffalo.com/companies/google/android/sprints-latest-end-of-life-list-reveals-evo-4g-is-on-its-way-out/

Coulda sworn this hit the EOL a few months ago....

Least I remember reading about it...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

it's been on the list a half dozen times, but never died.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It had a good run

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It was a damn good run at that, no modern phone has had that kind of shelf life other than the iphone. I was on another site about a year ago and there was a discussion that sprint would eol the evo4g when the evo3d came out. I was like why should they? This phone is simply way to iconic and they will ride the evo4g wave into 2012. I wish I could find that old thread, not even sure what site it was on.

• Like 1

Out of all the phones I've used, the OG EVO was probably my favorite. Hoping I can crown the EVO LTE when I get it.

Yeah, let's hope so too. I'm sure it will be the new king of the HTC devices in the USA though.

• Like 1

hmm' date=' im not sure yet. Sprint MIGHT give Htc Evo few more month left and "re-sell" this Evo as a midrange device.[/quote']

If that was the case, then why did they pull it from their online sales channel?

Sent from Joshs Evo Shift using Forum Runner

• Like 1

There still may EVO's in the pipeline depending on the outlet, but for Sprint it wasn't enough to maintain sustainability. The phone may be around for a couple of more months somewhere, but it's done overall. I think with it's specs it would barely qualify as a mid-range anymore. It was a good phone and my favorite as well.

• Like 1

The EVO is without a doubt Sprint's most popular phone ever. I've had this device since day one. I'm never getting rid of it....even when I upgrade. When it retires, I'm putting this phone to my hall of fame lol. Put it in its original box and one day show it to my grandkids lol.

• Like 1

I just notices a interesting thing on sprints buyback program for phones they are doing....my EVO 4G brings in $70, while my EVO 3D only brings in $90. LOL....so 1yr between the two and only a 20buck difference. Lol

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Still have mine in mint condition!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Mint condition? Wow. Congrats. My replacement Shift was dented within a month of getting it.

Sent from Joshs Evo Shift using Forum Runner