Samsung Galaxy S7 Rumors thread

bitslizer

Haha my dad has a flip phone from 2008. Cracked screen since 2010. He wants to upgrade to "an Internet phone" now. Thinking about the iPhone 5se. Probably the easiest for him to understand and a good transition size too.

I've never used easy mode on Samsung phones. Is it truly easy?

It locks it down to only 1 home screen with popular apps/icons (configurabe), and still the app drawer.

I'd say it's pretty easy.

The S7E is physically bigger and you are really only getting a 5.3ish inch screen because of the edge loss. Even with the SDK, it'll be very limited im sure with soda that actually use it, and then use it in a meaningful way.

I like the S7 a lot. Just going to be hard to not make a stupid decision since I have to pay full. But with the VR and games, damn you all!

Samsung is working to have the phones available as quickly as possible, and that means pre-orders are going live right away — 8 a.m. ET on Feb. 23 is when AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint and U.S. Cellular will be taking orders.

http://m.androidcentral.com/where-and-when-you-can-buy-galaxy-s7-and-s7-edge

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Pre Order is live. Website is working. Unlike the 6S pre order.

Sprint jumped the gun with the gs4t a couple years back. I thought they might do it again but not enough to stay up all night to see exactly when.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Order placed.

Phone ships around 3/7  Gear VR ships around 3/11.

$376 with 2 year renewal and activation fee

How? they won't let me do a two year renewal, its either installment payments or full price.

Start from your online account.

Select upgrade my phone and it checks to see if you're eligible.

(I'm at the end of my current 2-year as of January)

I bought my GS4T in January of 2014 when they came out.

If you're not at the end of your current contract, you're kinda screwed for that deal.

Has Sprint sold out of their pre-orders already? It won't let me order either the S7 or S7 Edge. When I click pre-order on the S7 page, it takes me to the page with all available phones. The S7 phones are there when the page first loads, then go away after a couple seconds.

I'm on ED450, still in contract but eligible to upgrade on lease/Easy Pay.

Has Sprint sold out of their pre-orders already? It won't let me order either the S7 or S7 Edge. When I click pre-order on the S7 page, it takes me to the page with all available phones. The S7 phones are there when the page first loads, then go away after a couple seconds.

I'm on ED450, still in contract but eligible to upgrade on lease/Easy Pay.

Check your filters?

Here is the direct link without being logged in or going through the account process:

https://www.sprint.com/shop/?INTNAV=LeftNav:Shop:Phones#!/device/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-preorder-black-onyx?tabId=plnTab8750000&planSkuId=103500512&skuId=103800167&duration=24&contractType=lease

I'll probably pick this up once it becomes cheaper.  But from initial reports, the battery is pretty good with it.  Not sure which variant this one is between the S7 or Edge, but I believe it's a good indicator of what it is capable of doing.

246.jpg

Yeah, I filtered it to only show Samsung phones, but they weren't among them. Working now with your link. Thanks.

According to the lease agreement, if you lease the S7 edge and buy it at the end of the lease, you'll pay a total of $892.00 with the $160 payoff at the end, plus taxes. This means Sprint makes an extra $142.01 on the phone from you leasing to buy.

The S7E is physically bigger and you are really only getting a 5.3ish inch screen because of the edge loss. Even with the SDK, it'll be very limited im sure with soda that actually use it, and then use it in a meaningful way.

I like the S7 a lot. Just going to be hard to not make a stupid decision since I have to pay full. But with the VR and games, damn you all!

I have the Galaxy S5, so really the S7E is the equal to it in terms of width.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7821&idPhone2=7945&idPhone3=6033

I'm not sure if I'll like the curved display, but I would like a larger display.  It looks like they've brought the curve out further with the S7E vs the S6E, as the videos I've seen make it appear to have less edge glare.

My main concern is edge glare, and whether there's any distortion when used in VR.

I'll probably go pre-order the Galaxy S7 Edge tonight, and then play with the phones and decide if I want to change it later.

Edited by jnadke

According to the lease agreement, if you lease the S7 edge and buy it at the end of the lease, you'll pay a total of $892.00 with the $160 payoff at the end, plus taxes. This means Sprint makes an extra $142.01 on the phone from you leasing to buy.

But if you are on an older plan, you get a $10 credit per month as long as you stay on that older plan which is $240 in credits over 24 months.  So with that difference you end up paying $622, again, if you are on one of the older plans

• Like 1

I know this is for another thread but..  I guess it doesn't surprise me why carriers are forcing the lease agreements vs. contracts and subsides.  I didn't even know you had to pay out to keep the phone after!

I know this is for another thread but..  I guess it doesn't surprise me why carriers are forcing the lease agreements vs. contracts and subsides.  I didn't even know you had to pay out to keep the phone after!

Of course because at the end of the day lease agreements and installments payments are way more profitable.   But if you are on an older plan, you can still make out pretty well compared to being on a new plan.

Hrrm, it seems online they only have the S7 Edge in Gold and not black.

Otherwise Target would be ideal for borrowing an upgrade from another line (and 5% back with Target REDCard).

Yeah I reserved one from target. But it seems like just a place holder or notifier. Doesn't hurt. Sucks it's only silver gold edge.

Yeah, in my experience Target is a lot more hit and miss in terms of phone inventory.

They tend to stock stuff minimally.  Hopefully you are first in line for your store and don't have to wait for a 2nd shipment.

Granted it's more of a niche, it took forever of waiting for a 64gb gold iPhone 6 for my wife... even then we had to use brickseek to find one at a different store 80 miles away (but it came with a $100 gift card).

Edited by jnadke

Yeah I reserved one from target. But it seems like just a place holder or notifier. Doesn't hurt. Sucks it's only silver gold edge.

There's a video of the colors here:

http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-color-comparison-675857/

Gold makes me nervous.  It looks highly reflective and might be distracting, especially inside the Galaxy Gear VR if screen light bounces around (I've never used one before).

Edited by jnadke