Samsung Galaxy S7 Rumors thread

bitslizer

No.

Actually, the S7 supports bands 2, 4, 5, and 12 whereas the S5 does not.  Of course, these are for roaming purposes so if you're in a Sprint market 100% of the time, it will not make a difference.

• Like 1

Even if you had a photo, I don't think they would be able to do anything. 

Edit:

But I would still like for those that said they received the Sprint version to post a photo that they did indeed get it, otherwise I call BS.

TS

Here you go.  I will be posting a comparison between my S6 Edge, Note 5 and the new S7E.  S7E is not much better than the Note 5 in terms of RF.

http://imgur.com/a/YsCTz

• Like 6

Here you go.  I will be posting a comparison between my S6 Edge, Note 5 and the new S7E.  S7E is not much better than the Note 5 in terms of RF.

http://imgur.com/a/YsCTz

How many splash screens does it have?  Does it take a while to start up and progress through all the "commercials"?

How far into it have you gotten?

Have you started exploring "hidden" engineering screens yet?

Does it run apps like CPU-z or GPS status that tell you what sensors it has onboard?

Any new or removed sensors?

I saw heart rate reported someplace.  That isn't on my GS4.

According to a Best Buy employee on the XDA forums (with a proven track record), people who preordered the GS7 in-store can pick up the phone early this coming Monday. Hoping it's true. I got my GS7 Edge case today & I'll probably pick up a film screen protector right at Best Buy to hold me over until glass ones come out.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

According to a Best Buy employee on the XDA forums (with a proven track record), people who preordered the GS7 in-store can pick up the phone early this coming Monday. Hoping it's true. I got my GS7 Edge case today & I'll probably pick up a film screen protector right at Best Buy to hold me over until glass ones come out.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Amazing. The people that bought and paid first are shoved to the back of the line.

Time stamp in my order email is 0557 central, 2/23/16

That's a customer service fail in my book.

Next we'll hear they lost those orders I suppose.

If they're going to deliver early, then deliver early to those that ordered early. That's the entire reason why we put in the effort to do that.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Amazing. The people that bought and paid first are shoved to the back of the line.

That's a customer service fail in my book.

Next we'll hear they lost those orders I suppose.

If they're going to deliver early, then deliver early to those that ordered early. That's the entire reason why we put in the effort to do that.

Yea, Sprint did the same thing last year for the S6E orders. This is my first time doing a preorder thru Best Buy. If it's really true about Monday pickup, I'll be really happy. I ordered inside Best Buy on launch day around 3:40 pm PST.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Does the S7 support Sprint bands that the S5 does not? Besides carrier aggregation, will there be tangible signal improvements when moving from an S5 (assuming upgraded towers)?

Actually, the S7 supports bands 2, 4, 5, and 12 whereas the S5 does not.  Of course, these are for roaming purposes so if you're in a Sprint market 100% of the time, it will not make a difference.

In other words, compared to the Galaxy S5,  the S7 supports Sprint's LTE Roaming+ initiative (formerly CCA/RRPP).

If you zoom in to the 3rd notch from the top on Sprint's coverage map, you can see they're already rolling out RRPP to very large swaths of the Midwest, as well as other areas of the US:

https://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp

Roaming+ counts as standard Sprint usage, you are just on a partner network:

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/FAQs_about_Roaming/b533bc3e-6327-4fdc-84fc-e75409c7115d?question_box=Roaming+&id16=Roaming+

Edited by jnadke
  • Like 1

They cut a UPS waybill for mine finally overnight and I got my first shipping email this morning. It has both the waybill for the already delivered VR and the GS7.

Order status page has the phone waybill on it also. Shows in UPS system as ready to be picked up, so not actually in their transit system yet.

We'll see if they hold them tomorrow or release it right away. Blue 2day puts it in hand potentially wednesday. Lot of late nights getting it migrated for next weekend.

• Like 3

They cut a UPS waybill for mine finally overnight and I got my first shipping email this morning. It has both the waybill for the already delivered VR and the GS7.

Order status page has the phone waybill on it also. Shows in UPS system as ready to be picked up, so not actually in their transit system yet.

We'll see if they hold them tomorrow or release it right away. Blue 2day puts it in hand potentially wednesday. Lot of late nights getting it migrated for next weekend.

Thats great news, hopefully I get my email notification sometime today as well.

Thats great news, hopefully I get my email notification sometime today as well.

If it doesn't show by tonight, squeak like a wheel.  I was on the order status page yesterday and left it running while I did something else in another window on the laptop.  When I came back to it, the annoying auto-chat initiator had fired up.  I took them up on the offer to talk and gave the rep hell about what had happened.  I don't know for certain that it is related, but at 12:02 am overnight, I got that email with a track #.  If you didn't get yours by now too, evidence says it did have some positive effect.  The proof in the pudding is when that actually gets scanned onto a UPS truck at pickup.

If it doesn't show by tonight, squeak like a wheel.  I was on the order status page yesterday and left it running while I did something else in another window on the laptop.  When I came back to it, the annoying auto-chat initiator had fired up.  I took them up on the offer to talk and gave the rep hell about what had happened.  I don't know for certain that it is related, but at 12:02 am overnight, I got that email with a track #.  If you didn't get yours by now too, evidence says it did have some positive effect.  The proof in the pudding is when that actually gets scanned onto a UPS truck at pickup.

Probably just a coincidence, those online reps basically just copy and paste their information.  When they are checking your order they are looking at the same order screen page the customer has access to then copy and paste their responses from there on out.  I am neck deep in tax returns so the wait isn't as painful since I am so busy but I hope to get my tracking information soon.

Not sure if you said so previously and I'm too lazy to search but what color did you order again?

I ordered a black phone (in case color is the reason for a shortage)

5am central time on Feb 23rd via the Sprint website with a 2 year contract renewal. I have not got a tracking number on the order status page (like I did for the VR) or an email (never did get one for the VR).

http://www.sprint.com/myorder/

Not sure if you said so previously and I'm too lazy to search but what color did you order again?

Black. It was quite a while back already.

• Like 1

Black. It was quite a while back already.

Oh ok, I ordered 1 silver and 1 gold.
  • Like 1

I was out all day but I just checked now and got the email confirmation with tracking number for the 2 Gold S7 Edges. As per UPS they will be delivered Wed, which is nice, but I won't be home till after 10PM since I have a Broadway show to go to. :twitch: Well, if they deliver it before 4PM, I can quickly go home and tuck them inside and then head to the show.

The VR Gears do not have a Tracking number yet.

Was there ever any explanation why no white in the US? Is that some sort of Apple issue?

I would have bought white myself. No idea why they didn't make them available.

TS

SprintOrder.png

• Like 2

Was there ever any explanation why no white in the US? Is that some sort of Apple issue?

Probably the demand for the white just wasn't there compared to the other options.

I was out all day but I just checked now and got the email confirmation with tracking number for the 2 Gold S7 Edges. As per UPS they will be delivered Wed, which is nice, but I won't be home till after 10PM since I have a Broadway show to go to. :twitch: Well, if they deliver it before 4PM, I can quickly go home and tuck them inside and then head to the show.

TS

When did you order again?

TS

I have that since they started it. (Web version is way better than Android phone version btw), but  it says it can't do that at this time. Not ttat it matters since I really don't want to change the delivery date or destination. They usually deliver between 12-2 and 4-6 in my area.

TS